PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 7 "currently in production"

Knibbler
05-14-2009, 05:49 AM
Call of Duty 7 is "currently in production" according to the LinkedIn profile of one of developer Treyarch's senior animators.

David Kim's profile, since updated to remove the references, originally said "Call of Duty 7 - currently in production" and also referred to the game elsewhere.

According to a report earlier this month, publisher Activision has been licensing Vietnam War-era music for use on the game, which ties in with lead producer Noah Heller's assertion last year that Treyarch had "put [World War II] to bed", and prompted speculation about a Cold War plotline.

Although the world's attention is currently on Modern Warfare 2, finally detailed yesterday, Activision's strategy of splitting the COD games between Infinity Ward and Treyarch on two-year cycles should see a seventh game released late next year.

Although Modern Warfare still isn't released, I'm acually looking forward to this.. Finally a shooter developed by Treyarch that isn't World War II.

jakncoke
05-14-2009, 10:31 AM
Vietnam COD game, now this is something I could get behind!

Jjjet1
05-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Modern Warfare 2 is actually Cod 4 not 6! Bah!

DeadDreams
05-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Hmm I think it is a bit risky and has a got a lot to go wrong... but im looking forward to see how it turns out.

Thanks for the info :)

hidekipooj
05-14-2009, 01:49 PM

it's COD 4: Modern warfare 2....but as far as major game releases it is the sixth one.

Call of Duty
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 3
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Call of Duty World @ War
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2

and let's not forget:

Big Red One, Finest hour, Roads to Victory, and Final Fronts

so technically modern warfare 2 could be considered......the 10th game??!:twitcy:

Back to topic......FINALLY! More vietnam shooters.

Jjjet1
05-15-2009, 09:53 AM
Call of Duty (Infinity Ward)
Call of Duty 2 (Infinity Ward)
Call of Duty 3 (Pile of Sh*t)
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (Infinity Ward)
Call of Duty World @ War (Pile of Sh*t)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2 (Infinity Ward)

You get where I'm coming from? Infinity Ward had Modern Warfare saved under CoD3. But since Treyarch came in a took a crap over everything, they couldn't have it CoD3. Activision is acting like EA with the CoD series. They just want more and more money...

jakncoke
05-15-2009, 04:36 PM
They just want more and more money...

well that's point of running a business

Home32
06-02-2009, 02:47 AM

COD4-2*
Sorry... I just had to correct that.
They should just split the games in two, Modern Warfare 1 and 2, and then COD 1-5. 5 being 7...
@Hidekipooj
Wouldn't you be naming expansion packs? (Well, some of them I know they are.)
So those wouldn't count.
EDIT: Actually, yeah. Big Red One and Finest Hour are just expansions of the second and first games. The other two are just ports... I guess you could count them... Not Final Fronts though.

Reg
06-02-2009, 05:45 AM
sounds like a fun game but Treyarch fails so I probably will not buy it

edward78
06-08-2009, 10:00 AM
BEST GAME EVER...zombies map pack 2 coming out for PS3 VERY SHORTLY. watch closely. ZOMBIE HOUDS FROM HELL AND TRAP DOORS! SICK BEYOND ALL BELIEF.

puds
06-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Only it isn't COD4-2. It's just Modern Warfare 2.

Infinity Ward dropped the COD title because they were fed up with the bad impression Treyarch creates with its crappy COD games.

This vietnam-era game is going to suck. Mainly for America depending on the story. No offence but the reason there has been very little vietnam games is because you lost that one. So unless somehow they depict the US winning it or on a moral high ground or something America won't buy or sell it.

Trunks
06-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Only it isn't COD4-2. It's just Modern Warfare 2.

Infinity Ward dropped the COD title because they were fed up with the bad impression Treyarch creates with its crappy COD games.

This vietnam-era game is going to suck. Mainly for America depending on the story. No offence but the reason there has been very little vietnam games is because you lost that one. So unless somehow they depict the US winning it or on a moral high ground or something America won't buy or sell it.

hmmm,
It wasn't Infinity Ward who made the decision to drop the CoD title. You're just hearing what all the gamers are saying. Activision was the one who made the decision to have the game call Modern Warfare 2. It wasn't because WaW was bad either, because it wouldn't make any since, Activision sponsors Treyarch to make the games, if they didn't want Treyarch to "Ruin" the title, they just would quit sponsoring them. Anyway, Activision just decided that the Modern warfare was of a different genre compared to the other CoD titles. Which it is, it's the only game that's not based on WW2.

Anyway, I'm not making any decisions on this game until I at least see a teaser trailer.

Knibbler
06-20-2009, 06:45 PM
And for the most part, the reason the CoD title was dropped from Modern Warfare 2 is because MW2 is a proper sequel to CoD: MW and not just another title in the series.. and both Activision and Infinity Ward chose to drop the CoD title to aid in justifying that.

puds
06-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Well, whatever, I actually didn't go off what gamers said but what infinity ward told IGN but yeah that isn't really my point. I was more or less correcting what was said earlier about MW2 being a COD game which it isn't.

Trunks
06-20-2009, 06:48 PM
And for the most part, the reason the CoD title was dropped from Modern Warfare 2 is because MW2 is a proper sequel to CoD: MW and not just another title in the series.. and both Activision and Infinity Ward chose to drop the CoD title to aid in justifying that.

Yea, of course IW was in the decision also, I just meant that Activision had the final say in it. IW could of said they didn't want and would really have no choice. Though that wasn't really the case.

puds
06-20-2009, 06:57 PM
Judging by the gameplay footage at E3 it looks amazing although the only real difference to gameplay seems to be the less linear feel plus the lack of a HUD (which is all good).

Does anyone actually think that now there is two definite franchises they should take a little bit longer to develop these games? I mean sure it's great that we get a new COD/ MW game every year now and they are mostly good games but can you imagine what they would be like if they took maybe instead of a year maybe two years?

Knibbler
06-20-2009, 07:13 PM
I personally believe Activision should have never got Treyarch involved and just given the job to Infinity Ward to bring out a new CoD game every 2 years.. because, lets face it.. there isn't a single decent CoD game made by Treyarch. Personally the only decent games developed by Treyarch are Spiderman and Quantum of Solace..

I don't feel Treyarch could make a decent CoD even if they were given 5 years to make one,

Trunks
06-20-2009, 07:14 PM
Judging by the gameplay footage at E3 it looks amazing although the only real difference to gameplay seems to be the less linear feel plus the lack of a HUD (which is all good).

Does anyone actually think that now there is two definite franchises they should take a little bit longer to develop these games? I mean sure it's great that we get a new COD/ MW game every year now and they are mostly good games but can you imagine what they would be like if they took maybe instead of a year maybe two years?

I agree, I will def. get MW 2 just for the campgian, but I'll most likely play the multiplayer as well. and I'll of course get it for the pc. There will probably be a HUD for the game as well, it was probably just disabled so you could see more of the game.

and basically they have 2 years to make a title. A new CoD title comes out every year, but Treyarch and IW take turns. So each game gets close to 2 years for development. Also I'm guessing that IW is already thinking about their next game as well. Now that their is probably just a small part of IW still working on MW 2, they won't let the other members sit around on their thumbs.

puds
06-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Oh yeh i totally didn't think about what I was saying then. :S

I prefer shooters that have a very limited HUD like in hardcore modes on MW where there isn't anything on the screen. I think it makes the game more immersive and you can really connect to the game and its characters on a greater level.

GeneralSgtSkull
06-21-2009, 04:23 AM
Idk But it might be pretty cool..

Lucia
07-01-2009, 04:37 AM
at least they gave WWII a rest maybe i can forgive them something else to look forward too :)

edomer
08-02-2009, 09:20 AM
i will wait for the worlds end to this game

souljaa
08-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Sweet! :)..Looking forward to this..Thanks for the post.

chapulin007
08-03-2009, 02:37 AM
I lovvveee WWII games lolno homo but if this is true it will be something to look foward to.

Street_Soldier69
09-12-2009, 03:33 PM
i dont wanna play the new CoD cause i dont wanna get infected like the rest of the CoD fanboys, ima just play my LBP, and leave CoD out of the picture

TheMutzNutz
09-23-2009, 05:39 AM
i dont wanna play the new CoD cause i dont wanna get infected like the rest of the CoD fanboys, ima just play my LBP, and leave CoD out of the picture

Your so sad - just by saying what you just said makes you the biggest fan boy in this forum !

TheMutzNutz
09-23-2009, 05:40 AM
They'll bring out a cod every year

Street_Soldier69
09-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Your so sad - just by saying what you just said makes you the biggest fan boy in this forum !

no, can't be a fan boy just cause i don't like a game. I just think CoD is over rated, your a fan boy for calling me a fan boy. Cause i never said CoD was the worst game ever cause i liked the first 3 of the series then i stoped liking them.

Think before you speak.
and do you double post on all your post?

EOIN-M-1994
09-25-2009, 05:46 AM
i think they should leave a new one until everyone starts to get bored of mw2

Street_Soldier69
09-25-2009, 03:18 PM
i think they should leave a new one until everyone starts to get bored of mw2

they're trying to continue the w@w thing, and at the same time try ti do the same with the MW thing.

So it will be just like last time, everyone will be playing both at the same time.

TheMutzNutz
09-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Ha anyone see this site its Owned by ZiiP Gaming Community (http://www.modernwarfare4.com) a group of COD fans have bought up the domain and are bribing Treyarch. they want copies of the game if they ever decide to make it for all the members of their team. Isnt alot i suppose but still funny :)