PDA

View Full Version : Sony show price drop card or is stupid.

jakncoke
05-14-2009, 10:44 AM
I'm sure you guys don't want to read a long financial statements so I'll use gaf's summary version.

Summary Version:
Sony lost $1.035 billion this year.
The gaming division lost $612 million this year, but this is less than half of what they lost last year, so the division is improving financially.
PS3 hardware sales are up, PSP hardware sales are up slightly, and PS2 hardware sales are down significantly.
PS3 software sales are up significantly, PSP software sales are down, and PS2 software sales are down significantly.
The PS3 sold 10 million units, the PSP sold 14 million units, and the PS2 sold 8 million units in 2008.
Sony is expecting to sell 3 million more PS3's this year than they did in either 2007 or 2008. They are also expecting to sell 1 million more PSPs and 3 million less PS2s than they did in 2008.
PSN sales are expected to triple in 2009.

Gaming lost a bunch but they also lost a bunch less than previous FY that the PS3 was on the market, and now onto why I made this thread. Either Sony is dumb and dreaming and think that they'll somehow sell 3 million more this FY than they ever did before(10 million in 07/08) or they just showed their card and a significant price drop is coming rather soon. E3 isn't to far now, should be interesting to see what the MSRP will be

Kujo
05-16-2009, 12:02 AM
I tend to agree. A price drop is long overdue and I really don't see them outselling themselves anytime soon without one.

nitr0s
06-30-2009, 12:43 AM
Lost a billion and they are improving. Is that a good or bad thing? lol

EpsilonX
06-30-2009, 11:09 AM
i hope they do drop the price. I already have a PS3, and have had one for almost 2 years now, so it doesn't really affect me, but i'd like to see more people buy the system, and i dont think letting activision leave is a good strategy...

Choke On Candy
06-30-2009, 07:40 PM
i hope they do drop the price. I already have a PS3, and have had one for almost 2 years now, so it doesn't really affect me, but i'd like to see more people buy the system, and i dont think letting activision leave is a good strategy...

Should it really have that much of a price drop though?? I mean free online with no monthly/yearly fees like xbox and it does blue ray. All the people I know that have both systems prefer the 360, they say trophies are whack. I like them equally but will only buy used games for ps3 would rather buy new for 360.

EpsilonX
06-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Should it really have that much of a price drop though?? I mean free online with no monthly/yearly fees like xbox and it does blue ray. All the people I know that have both systems prefer the 360, they say trophies are whack. I like them equally but will only buy used games for ps3 would rather buy new for 360.

i think a $50 cut would do them wonders. people would say "ah screw it, good enough" and buy the system.

trophies and achievements are both whack. i don't see the point other than now you have a checklist of everything there is to do in the game.

Trunks
06-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Well my brother has a ps3 and I can use it till he moves out. He's already 19, so it will probably be soon. Next year I plan on getting a job and will probably buy a ps3 my self. I would love to have a price drop before next summer. Less money I have to save. I plan on working for a month and a half next summer. So i should get plenty to buy a ps3 plus other things.

Choke On Candy
07-01-2009, 10:05 AM
i think a $50 cut would do them wonders. people would say "ah screw it, good enough" and buy the system.

trophies and achievements are both whack. i don't see the point other than now you have a checklist of everything there is to do in the game.
People like the little bloop of accomplishment :laugh: