PDA

View Full Version : First details of Guitar Hero 5 emerge

Knibbler
05-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Activision has said Guitar Hero 5 will let players use any combination of instruments, be it three guitars and a microphone, two guitars and two drums or four microphones.

The new instalment will be out in the autumn on PS2, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360, although whether that will be with fresh instruments is still "TBC", a spokesperson for the publisher told us this afternoon.

Guitar Hero 5 aims to be a bit more accessible to remove the faffing when friends are over for a quick play. To that end, developer Neversoft has added Party Play, where people can drop in and out of songs freely.

Competitive multiplayer has been spruced up with the RockFest mode, too, where players can battle across five different modes and over an entire set list if needs be.

World Tour's debut music creation studio will be reworked, and groups can now trigger Band Moments when they nail passages simultaneously. There are even song challenges where players must tackle tracks in certain ways.

And, of course, there are the songs. We're told to expect "the strongest, most varied set list to-date", which will be taken from over 85 bands including Kings of Leon, Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan.

All of the downloadable content for Guitar Hero World Tour will be compatible, and Activision will even upgrade the old game to support the upgrades and enhancements in Guitar Hero 5.

I like what they're trying to do, but seriously, why didn't they think of the instrument combos for world tour!?

Iceskater101
05-15-2009, 06:40 PM
I agree it seems sort of late

Choke On Candy
05-18-2009, 12:02 PM
It's just getting redonkulous (yes thats ridiculous with donkey up in that bit%h)
How many guitar games they gonna put out in one year...Obviously these people aren't hurting on the $$

Knibbler
05-18-2009, 03:24 PM
This isn't even the half of it. They're also doing DJ Hero and Band Hero

Iceskater101
05-18-2009, 09:18 PM
wow they are taking this to far
seriously band hero?
what instruments will they have
flute? trumpet? tuba
HAHA

jakncoke
05-18-2009, 10:18 PM
I'm sure more iterations will be announced at E3

Knibbler
05-18-2009, 10:31 PM
wow they are taking this to far
seriously band hero?
what instruments will they have
flute? trumpet? tuba
HAHA

Here's the info where I found out about Band Hero.

Activision has said Guitar Hero 5, DJ Hero and Band Hero will be out this autumn, confirming our report from March.

No platforms are mentioned by the publisher and few details are offered, however. We've heard all three games are in development for PS2, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360.

Activision does offer that Guitar Hero 5 will let us drop in and out of songs, as well as change band members, instruments and difficulty levels on the fly.

DJ Hero has a a turntable peripheral we popped pictures of in a gallery earlier. Activision says players will be able to create their own mixes from a slew of music covering hip-hop, R&B, Motown, electronica and dance.

Finally, Band Hero be a more casual affair to ensnare the iPod-wearing youth with a selection of top-40 hits. The game will use drum, bass, microphone and guitar.

Trunks
05-19-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm done buying guitar hero games. It seems like they are getting worse and worse. Guitar hero 3 is my favorite still, I'm not buying anymore and wasting my money. They take like 2 hours to beat anyway..

Choke On Candy
05-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Seen a few pages about this dj hero in my game informer magazine. Looks like garbage to me. But I'm sure a crap load of people will still buy it.

jakncoke
05-20-2009, 09:49 AM
at least dj hero is unique and not a guitar/guitar+mic+drum game #4 zillion

Iceskater101
05-20-2009, 07:18 PM
Wow band hero is just like guitar hero sort of but with the name band hero..

omgodzilla10
05-21-2009, 10:33 PM
A 5th Guitar Hero? Wow, They aren't even that good.

Metallica1983
05-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Guitar hero is the new DDR there is going to be a billion different spin offs just like wit DDR

Knibbler
05-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Wow band hero is just like guitar hero sort of but with the name band hero..

And it's not going to be rock/metal, it's setlist is going to be based on the US/UK top 40 charts. So we should be expecting Kanye West, Beyonce, possibly Westlife, Take That and other such artists.

hidekipooj
05-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Just what we need. Four people all playing out of synch drums.....or four people belching "We are, we are, the youth of a nation" at the top of their lungs.
lawlz

Choke On Candy
05-29-2009, 11:17 AM
And it's not going to be rock/metal, it's setlist is going to be based on the US/UK top 40 charts. So we should be expecting Kanye West, Beyonce, possibly Westlife, Take That and other such artists.

Won't be too band then lots of people complained that rb2 was too much rock.

Samus-Fan
05-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Won't be too band then lots of people complained that rb2 was too much rock.

You can never have too much rock.
Hip-Hop, Pop, and (C)rap are all horrible, I can't listen to them.
So I will definatly be avoiding Band Hero, with its Soulja Boy.

EpsilonX
06-03-2009, 11:33 PM
ages ago my friend told me he would buy a rap hero, with a dj and a mic and a computer guy doin the beats.

aim conversation:

EpsilonX2008: remember when u said somethin about a rap hero
EpsilonX2008: like rock band thing
Joe: rofl
Joe: oh go
Joe: d
Joe: don't tell me someone did it.
EpsilonX2008: they're making a dj hero

yeah.

Reg
06-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Well they cant have all the good stuff on one game.....

EpsilonX
06-05-2009, 12:07 AM
YouTube - E3 09: DJ Hero Demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9loz95y7vk)

Choke On Candy
06-29-2009, 08:36 PM
gh5 will probably be hands down the best one to date. But....they should make a puss mode for people who cant get all of the achievements..why they gotta be hating on that? I need someone to come over and beat on a plastic guitar with me ;( so I can get all the achievements because my friends are weak :eek1: