PDA

View Full Version : C&D letter sent to Engadget over alleged 'Slim PS3' pics

Djdoubt03
05-20-2009, 11:08 PM
According to a post over at Engadget, the site has received a cease and desist letter over pictures of the alleged 'Slim PS3' that show the console with a heavily redesigned body that is completely slim-lined. The move gives the pictures more credibility, but we will not know officially until Sony stops denying.

The message says:

Dear Sir,

We just find that the following web pages on your website contain some confidential document and photos, which were highly possibly illegally
released and posted:

(redacted)

We are investigating this violation and will bring all necessary legal actions regarding this matter. In order to protect the confidential information and prevent you from further legal issues and infringements, please immediately remove those pages and keep our request confidential. If you have any question regarding this issue, please feel free to contact us.

Your cooperation is deeply appreciated.

Best regards

See the pics in this post 'Slim PS3' revealed in leak? (http://gamepad.freeforums.org/slim-ps3-revealed-in-leak-t1151.html)

Source (http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/18003.cfm)

jakncoke
05-21-2009, 12:14 AM
yes It makes me giddy for E3, why order a cease and desist if it's just fanboy wetdreams, me thinks we're going to see a new version of PS3. perhaps the current setup wouldn't allow price drops, perhaps a slim will allow them to be more aggressive with the prices

Kujo
05-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Price Cut + skinny PS3 = new PS3 owner right here.

EpsilonX
06-15-2009, 09:12 PM
am i the only one who thinks that looks silly

younging94
06-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Why...i like the way ps3 is built like a mini tank.

LordLameeks
06-15-2009, 10:51 PM
am i the only one who thinks that looks silly

yeah im not gonna lie that looks wack... its pretty ugly...

nitr0s
06-30-2009, 12:26 AM
it looks like somebody took off the top of the ps3 and are calling it the "redesigned" system. lol Seems like something that thin wouldn't get much airflow either.

LemonRising
07-07-2009, 07:59 PM
I like the idea of slim.
I like my consoles hidden and out of the way because m y basement is already too cluttered from all my family's crap.

Interesting that they would request that they take the pictures down, instead of letting everyone sit and wonder if there's any proof behind them.

jakncoke
07-13-2009, 01:19 AM
Hopefully they decide to unviel it at TGS and have a winter 09' release with price cut. would love to pick up a ps3. my uncles cousin is currently doing it the hard way through a rent to own service which is raping him. I called him an idiot. for a 40 gb(40gb is seriously way to little space for anyone that plays reguarly f these small hd's) he'll spend 1k for when it's paid off for a what console that has/had a MSRP of 400? rent to own should be banned imo

Exodyus
07-13-2009, 01:22 AM
I agree, in that it definitely looks like a bad-image. It also looks like someone cut out 50% of the middle and slapped it to the bottom, lol.
And, sadly -- even if they cut the price, and the size ... it still wouldn't pull me enough to buy it. Their game base is so weak, right now. Nothing I like on it.

Yeah, so it's a PS3 -- my PS2 has ALL the games I want, and the XBox 360 has all the NEW games I want. Lol.