PDA

View Full Version : Review Godfather 2~badda bing badda BOOM

Shixx
05-20-2009, 11:56 PM
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9013/339398ps500h.jpg

IntroWhen I first put this game in I was expecting a Sandbox Shooter with some strategy. when the game starts your in Cuba making a Deal when all hell breaks loose you then attempt to escape with your family, your don get's killed and your asked to take his place. starts out good, so hows it end up?

Graphics
The Graphics could have been much better, there are glitches all over the game, looks like a mid PS2 game. there are some good cut scenes but the in game glitches and unfinished feel are horrible.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4695/thegodfather2screenshot.jpg

Game playit’s fun to play, its great to become Godfather and even more fun to just drive aimlessly in an old car but that only lasts a couple hours. the graphics are really messy and it takes away from the game experience. The online game play is a ****ty version of GTA4's multiplayer. you only start out with one weapon and it's very hard to find weapon spawns and by time you get to the spawns your dead, the Maps are very small.

There is no strategy in this game, Most families attack one at a time, and never do that much damage, Most of the nuances are useless. Crime rings are interesting, but they aren't necessary. Killing made men can be helpful, but it's just as easy to kill them when you take the family's compound.

Though the Class aspect your men have is interesting they could have done SO MUCH more with it. you only get one thing per Property if your lucky to use your crews ability on otherwise they just shoot people, you can't yell out orders, just Follow ME and stand here. though you can have one man stand on a higher point with a sniper he will cover you very well, almost too well But you can't tell just one man to stay they'll all stay, which you can imagine is very annoying.

They all have their abilities but like I said you only get the chance to use them every once in awhile and you have to go out of your way.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2614/thegodfather217080836.jpg

StoryWhere there was a good storyline in the first game the second is quite lacking. You don't care about the characters at all. Also the lack of story mission is disappointing. Most of the game is the the same thing. Go take racket, send capo to defend racket. It gets very boring very quickly.

Finishing note
All in all the Godfather II showed great potential. But the lack of gameplay and the sense that everything was unfinished, graphics especially, translated into a game that is disappointing. As much as I wanted this game to be good (and I really did) it came up very short.

I give this game 5/10

Jaykub
05-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Nice Review. 8/10

Game kinda seems like GTA. I don't think I will get it

Iceskater101
05-22-2009, 06:23 PM
does this game come out on the 360?
wow those screenshots that you took dont look as good as they could be.
if this game was on the 360 I wouldnt get it.

blaze4556
05-30-2009, 08:28 AM
The missions certainly lack variety so it got boring very fast for me.

Good review.

LiNuX
05-30-2009, 02:03 PM
great review there and I agree with Jacob, looks like GTA from the screenshots - also looks blurry for some reason lol

but good review - never played a godfather game in my life though. good movie though

SilentKilla167
05-31-2009, 10:32 AM
My cousin says this game is way better than the first one.

projectnate
06-09-2009, 11:11 PM
OMG!! i sooooo love this game!(and the actual movie too!)
:twitcy::twitcy::twitcy:
is this actually real? a "The Godfather 2" :eek1:
did it follow the original story where the 1st one left off?

kruopa
07-01-2009, 05:08 PM
I like it, It havent played it but i like it :))