PDA

View Full Version : What if we?

Jaykub
05-22-2009, 12:05 PM
I was just thinking about how so many new members keep asking questions over and over daily. Breaking rules, asking dumb things that are in the FAQ's etc....

Some of the vbulletin forums I have been apart of make it to where the new members must read and accept the FAQ's before they move on to the forum.

Maybe that would help us?

Not sure if all of the will read it but maybe it will help the ones that are here for games and posting.

LiNuX
05-22-2009, 12:09 PM
when you first register you have to agree to the forum rules but we can't make them read it. they all press the little check box and click "I agree"

trust me..people don't read - only a handful of people will decide to check the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS before posting the same question again and again.

but the mod you are thinking of probably has them read a thread right? it's the same deal, nobody reads that. they just wait for the timer to be up to click "accept"

Samus-Fan
05-22-2009, 03:10 PM
You should have it show you the rules once, and then you must re-type the rules in another screen without being able to look back at them.

Miss one and you can't join.
Make them read and remember.
I like that idea.

LemonRising
05-22-2009, 03:16 PM
People are going to find ways around it no matter what.
And if they can't find a way around not reading them within a few seconds, they leave.

Stupid questions and stupid users will always be around (Two separate things. You don`t have to be stupid to have a stupid question. Really.)

KittyCat72
05-22-2009, 03:53 PM
when you first register you have to agree to the forum rules but we can't make them read it. they all press the little check box and click "I agree"

trust me..people don't read - only a handful of people will decide to check the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS before posting the same question again and again.

but the mod you are thinking of probably has them read a thread right? it's the same deal, nobody reads that. they just wait for the timer to be up to click "accept"

Right you are... to be honest, I don't think I read the rules when I first joined. :-P But I know them now.

LiNuX
05-22-2009, 04:58 PM
You should have it show you the rules once, and then you must re-type the rules in another screen without being able to look back at them.

Miss one and you can't join.
Make them read and remember.
I like that idea.

that'll probably drive our new user rate through the ground lol. there are people that read so we don't want to punish them for everyone else :)

Iceskater101
05-22-2009, 06:11 PM
I didnt read the rules when I pressed " I accept" But i read them afterward