PDA

View Full Version : Looking For New Moderator

LiNuX
04-20-2007, 08:51 PM
We are in need of a few new Moderators. The position of Junior Moderator has been brought back to life by the sudden burst of activity on the forum. We have gotten 13 new members in the last 4 days and we have experienced some spam links but were removed very fast by the current staff.

We are looking for about two more people with Experience with moderator or administrator positions in other forums, blogs, or any other types of sites. The more exp you have the higher your chances are of winning. We will launch a new contest where we give out free games to users and I am sure that this will burst out traffic, registration, and postings a lot more so I am taking precautions of having mods to avoid spamming and cheating.

It doesnt matter if you are a new member or an old member to the forum, just in this topic - Post all your past experiences and a few more info.

What to post:
1. Past Experience on as many forums or blogs or sites as you can name (it can be none and we will still consider you)
2. How active will you remain on this forum?
3. How often will you check the forums for problems or spam and try to deal with it?
4. Past contributions to this forum (if any, if none its ok, we will still consider you)
5. Give a reason why we should pick you as our new Junior Moderator over someone else. Dont start wars saying you are better than this member or that member. Just give qualities or traits or special expertise that gives you an advantage.

Please post your request here. We will assign Two new Junior Mods by Sunday Night 10 PM EST.

some notes on keeping your moderator status -
- have at least 15 posts per week, doesnt have to be in your profile but as long as you contribute to our forums as often as possible.
- try to be as helpful as possible. If you dont know how to help please try to contact another staff member you believe can help.
- Don't abuse your powers, meaning mass deletions of topics or bothering a member just because you dont like him or her.

I am very flexible when coming to these requirements. these are just a few more will be PMed to the mods after selection.

Good Luck to all and hope you can get the position! Only two will be chosen.

Gamers Forum Staff
LiNuX

KittyCat72
04-21-2007, 08:04 AM
1. I have been a moderator on this forum: http://www.thetoyaddicts.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl for some time (I have removed a lot of spam and helped out the members because the moderator isn't very active). I was also a moderator on Haloer2006's forum. And my own forum, not the one you've seen; I deleted that one and made a new one.
2. I try to get on everyday, but between school and my parents I end up getting on about every other day for at least and hour (max about 3-4 hours).
3. Whenever I'm on.
4. I've contributed to this forum by posting, of course, for quite some time. I can't think of a specific example, but I have tried to help out other members with useful information.
5. I am active on this forum (more like addicted :P), and I try to be helpful. I answer most questions and use suggestions to the best of my ability anytime; so I will try to do the same here on this forum. I am already a VIP, and have over 500 posts! I'm also thrustworthy and reliable. Not to mention that my grammer is understandable, I hope......

diablo
04-21-2007, 02:45 PM
1. not really much modding exp but am a good forum poster, used to own a joomla site before
2. i will try to come on as often as possible, i've been on the last 4 days in a row now :) lol new record for me i guess
3. whenever im on as well
4. i post a lot, have a lot of posts, been on here since forum opened months ago
5. im a nice guy always trying to help others, i can help others in more than just one field :)

greent
04-22-2007, 10:30 PM
1. Past Experience on as many forums or blogs or sites as you can name. I have a forum I am admin, I am a mod on P4h(post4hosting forums)
2. How active will you remain on this forum? Pretty Active I can stay active on any forum. ;)
3. How often will you check the forums for problems or spam and try to deal with it?As often as possible.
4. Past contributions to this forum. Um, helping out some users w/ graphics for their forum ;)
5. Give a reason why we should pick you as our new Junior Moderator over someone else. Dont start wars saying you are better than this member or that member. Just give qualities or traits or special expertise that gives you an advantage.... - Well first I don't get in trouble or argue w/ others. I have'nt been mean.. At least i dont think i have been :-/
I am trusting, Responsible, and of course kind to others.. Very important to be kind to others. :)

Well hope you choose the right person :)
Good luck to every1 else who applyed ;)

LiNuX
04-23-2007, 09:31 PM
thank you all for applying i will make an announcement tomorrow night or wednesday night announcing the two new mods.

thanks!

for the rest you can still put your info here if you wish.

LiNuX
04-24-2007, 09:01 PM
we have chosen our two mods topic locked

thanks!