PDA

View Full Version : An OG of WoW.

TramaMama
06-09-2009, 10:17 AM
I started Beta-WoW in 8th Grade. Played through High school and quit.
why?
New gen WoW is increasingly difficult to deal with.
I can't stand the new content, lore aside, the game play is repetitive.
The fights have just lost their Vanilla-WoW freshness.
I remember when UBRS was considered end-game and now Naxx.. again! I had enough of Kel'Thuzad when I was in the first 3 tiers. WoW will always hold a place in my heart as the former-greatest MMO ever. But adolescent subscriptions don't help the game. I hated all the damn kids in that game, it makes me sick just to think about them.
Expansions are good, But making a perfect game MORE flashy and increasing the server cap makes me QQ hard.
I've really just turned this into a rant, would any one care to join in?

I'd love to hear what an active WoW player of today has to say about this.

Kujo
06-12-2009, 12:32 PM
I had to quit about 3 months ago for the same reason. Vanilla WoW was the best part of the game. I played all the way through WotLK and cleared all end game content up to Ulduar. As you said, it just got too repetitive. Grind for rep, mats for enchants, kill the same bosses week in and week out. I love the lore, love the game (i met my fiance through WoW for gods sake), but at the end of the day, I just couldn't bring myself to log in every tuesday to go clear Naxx in an hour and a half the find myself bored for the next 7 days.

TramaMama
06-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I've recently started Warhammer Online, a different feel but it's surprisingly more of an older age range. I'm happy with the game for now, I definitely recommend it to any of the classic WoW players who want a change of scenery.

Blackleo
07-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Original WoW was a good introduction to many people who really didn't play MMORPGs and it did great. The Burning Crusade was great !!! One of the best !! Arenas made the game even more enjoyable. Wrath ... wrath ... wrath sucked !!! No challenge to level at all. No challenge to get your Tier pieces at all. Since you can beat VoA easily and Naxx is cake Malygos is cake. Ulduar ... well it's Ulduar ... I quit last month, but if I come back it's going to be for casual raiding and hardcore pvping !!

TramaMama
07-11-2009, 01:55 AM
Original WoW was a good introduction to many people who really didn't play MMORPGs and it did great. The Burning Crusade was great !!! One of the best !! Arenas made the game even more enjoyable. Wrath ... wrath ... wrath sucked !!! No challenge to level at all. No challenge to get your Tier pieces at all. Since you can beat VoA easily and Naxx is cake Malygos is cake. Ulduar ... well it's Ulduar ... I quit last month, but if I come back it's going to be for casual raiding and hardcore pvping !!

That's what I hear, WoW is becomming more of a PvP game, Which isn't bad, I just miss the days when I could get together with 40 of my online friends and spend hours upon hours clearing a raid instance, and enjoying every minute. Now all I hear is QQ about end game content.
Coming from some one with a , PvE > PvP, midset.. I think when I renew my account I won't even try raiding.

And I agree, BC was awesome! But I never got to down Illidan before pre-wrath pugs, and the only SWP groups I participated in was for guild farming. I personally liked TK, Those raids needed sertain skill to complete, it was easy to weed out the noobs.

EDIT:How are the classes in wrath? ...Rather... How is the shaman class?
It was my origional choice and I'd like to pick up where I left off.

Riku-Nara
07-11-2009, 01:57 AM
Am i the only one who understood nothing in this thread?

TramaMama
07-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Am i the only one who understood nothing in this thread?

Clearly you are, so gtfo?

Blackleo
07-11-2009, 09:21 AM
LOl Riku ><

Well shaman is ... some what OP. The last I heard is that they're totems are going to last 5 mins and can put them up at the same time or something. Healing is a ***** to kill at times. And elemental with their doggies is burst. Shammies are still good. I still play my rogue and will stick with him. I am one of the old rogues that stuck to their original toons. But not playing atm, not til I get my new PC and then maybe i'll get a pre-paid.

Blackleo
07-11-2009, 09:57 AM
There were the days !! Days of fun and enjoying a good game !!!

YouTube - WoW: Molten Core: Most Dramatic Ragnaros Kill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fwUh93_MgQ)

TramaMama
07-11-2009, 12:56 PM
There were the days !! Days of fun and enjoying a good game !!!

YouTube - WoW: Molten Core: Most Dramatic Ragnaros Kill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fwUh93_MgQ)

I remember my first rag kill.
Was just that epic..
It'll never be the same, Blizzard should open a Vanilla WoW Server.
I'd rather play classicly. :(

Riku-Nara
07-11-2009, 04:28 PM
Clearly you are, so gtfo?

Ow.
That hurt.
I just wanna be a level 70 blue elf is all...

TramaMama
07-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Ow.
That hurt.
I just wanna be a level 70 blue elf is all...

It wasn't a post to injure you, so don't take the response so critical. :D

EDIT: And the level cap is 80 now.

Trunks
07-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Shaman, Warlocks and Paladins are all OP atm. Paladins are probably the most over powered out of all of them. But if you were going to be a Shaman it would be a good pick.

freeclowns
07-16-2009, 04:19 AM
Well i can say this... The new patch that is coming out is gay! Why are they making the game so easy stupid people can play? I mean if you suck so bad you have to cry to blizztard you should not play wow! Wow is one if not the easiest game every put out.

How is wow hard? Only stupid people make wow hard! All you have to do is look up a speak and what skill to use and your go to go. As for the new people that are joining the game.. Have fun you will find out soon what we all are talking about!

btw i have a shaman warrior and mage at 80 with so many alts at 50+.All classes are op if you know how the play them.If you dont know how to play your toon i am sure they make a addon to tell you have to play.

freeclowns
09-19-2009, 03:07 AM
Wow is not a game for kids and lazy gamers that have no clue what they are doing.. Wow pvp has become a joke also, horde when 99% of the time due to the lack of team work.. So many people bytch about how hard the new wow has became. Wow did not become harder, LAZY retards with to class,skill or will to learn is what happen.If a instance is to hard for a group they cry to bliztard till they make is easyer.

I never got to play in "Vanilla-WoW". I came into wow 3 months before they killed kara and made is way to easy.With in the 1st 3 months of wow i have a lvl 70 shaman,warrior,warlock and mage.Leveling in wow was way to easy and even a 5 year old could do it. Then lk came out and it was fun till you ran naxx and cleared it on 10 and 25 man.When you can 5 man 10 man naxx and 10-15 man 25 naxx you know it way to easy.

Then came out uldaur and having to learn the new fights had to be the most fun I had in a long time on wow. Then came the patch where all the lazy gamers and people that would just not take the time to learn could get conquest badges.Then it came down to farming heroics for badges. Ok for one farming heroics for badge is about the most ignorant thing i have even seen.

I ran heroics when lk 1st came out. I am sorry people suck or dont have time to play to get gear,but to make it so easy any noob can gear up for the next instance or heroic is just sad. Just because you have gear does not mean it will make you any better of a player.It may just be me,butI had bigger hopes for content. I sold my acct never to play wow or any game that tries to knock wow off. I have grown to hate wow and the lazy gamers that want a free hand out because they suck at wow.

Street_Soldier69
09-19-2009, 01:21 PM
thats alot of typing for nothing, cause i knwo im not reading all that..... and i never played WoW so i dont really care :)

Trunks
09-19-2009, 01:31 PM
thats alot of typing for nothing, cause i knwo im not reading all that..... and i never played WoW so i dont really care :)

Then don't even post, wth?
If you don't care about WoW and you're not even going to read the post, then gtfo. Quit posing completely useless things in threads, all you are doing is spamming, if you have noting to say then don't say it.

Anyway....
I always hated doing instances at lower levels. You always have some guy that sits and just goes AFK all the time. That or they just have no clue on whats going on. It's best to find a good guild and just ask your guildies if they wanna run you or get on their alts.

freeclowns
09-20-2009, 12:44 AM
I think I can say I am still just a little pissed at bliztard lol.....also trunks i am with you on that. If you have never played wow and you are not going to play then dont post. Now if you would like to ask something about wow I see nothing wrong with that.

Street_Soldier69
09-20-2009, 12:50 AM
ok, why does people say WoW is getting way to easy, and is gay now??

freeclowns
09-21-2009, 02:02 PM
ok, why does people say WoW is getting way to easy, and is gay now??

Are you just stupid or to lazy to read? If you take the time to read what i said you would know why. Also why do you care? Are you not the one that said you don't care and will never play wow?

Exodyus
09-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Are you just stupid or to lazy to read?

As far as I can tell, the troll is both. Most of his posts are worthless and much like this one.

As for WoW dumbing down, it was a craze last year, but that affect is wearing down now, I think. The fact that people were selling items on Ebay for in-game use was enough to slaughter the in game economy. And the fact that regardless of how the game is mapped out -- the bosses and monsters and grinding will almost always be the same in any RPG.

Grind for the power. Bleh.

freeclowns
09-22-2009, 11:21 PM
that is very true it is the game thing no matter what the name of the game is.. Now having to do the samething over and over again is what the killer is... I do love the way bliztard keeps saying they have 12 million people playing lol... we all know they dont have 12 million people play. They have 12 million accts and alot of them are no longer played or owned by the same person.

I have a friend that has 3 wow accts so i mean come on. I also know alot of people have sold out due to the fact wow acct sites have been not buy as many accts and are buying for less money. This would be the time for someone to step up and make a game worth talking about. I am hoping mortal online will be the game,but its an open pvp so some people will not like it.