PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy some new games

Cervantes
06-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Hello everyone,

I am currently looking to buy some new games for my xbox 360. I currently own Left for Dead 2, Gears of war 2, rainbow 6 Vegas 2 and Call of Duty: World at War. Although it may seem like shooter are my thing but any game that is a good play is alright with me. I'm just looking for a few titles that you all have found to be a good play.

Choke On Candy
06-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Sounds like you got a bunch of good games already...minus the WAW garbage ! There are a bunch of new games out to release this year mostly depends on what style of game you like. Myself I am more into guitar..zombie..easy achievements so I don't know what else to say besides. Are you looking for a game that you will really enjoy or you just wanting something to mess around on??

Trunks
06-13-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm guessing you mean Left 4 dead 1, because Left 4 dead 2 isn't even out yet. Resident Evil 5 is really good another zombie game. Bioshock and deadspace are also really great games. They are RPG/shooter games. More toward the shooter side though. If you like RPG's there are also Lost odyssey and Last Remnant are really good JRPG which are turned based. If you like simulation racing, NFS shift looks really good and so does Forza 3 which are coming out soon. It all just depends on what genre of games you are looking for.

Shixx
06-14-2009, 04:00 AM
Check out Prototype or Red faction if your looking for a new game as for a Cheap semi new (I think under rated Game) you can get Star wars force unleashed anywhere from $12-$30 really good deal IMO. Bioshock and Deadspace are awesome games aswell.
If you want something different and don't like JRPG you could check out Mass effect.

Lord_Doom_1184
06-14-2009, 06:07 AM
Bioshock?

I think the atmosphere and plot things are really great, but as shooter it sucks, the movements, the aiming... they should have worried more in this aspects, it's better for seeing it, not for playing

projectnate
06-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Prototype! i've seen the trailer and it looks awesome ^_^
Left 4 Dead 2 is a really good game too.
i think it hasn't been released though..
Manhunt 1 and 2? hahaha for those boys out there who likes the action and gore
i watch my brother play this all the time disgusting but the storyline is really good.
^_^

hidekipooj
06-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Prototype, Lost Odyssey, Dead Rising, Resident Evil 5, Star Ocean IV, check the top ten lists for 360 and buy what you haven't played yet.

EpsilonX
06-15-2009, 01:02 AM
Bioshock?

I think the atmosphere and plot things are really great, but as shooter it sucks, the movements, the aiming... they should have worried more in this aspects, it's better for seeing it, not for playing

it isn't meant to be a combat heavy game. it's like system shock, the shooting is there just to pose a challenge, the real focus is puzzles and story.

Lord_Doom_1184
06-15-2009, 03:10 PM
yea, but i think they have failed at attempting to do a "not proffesional soldier" shooter, and there are things that should appear in a game of that kind, like the possibility of run and walk, i dont know, i miss some things, call of cthulhu is also focused on puzzles and story, and the engine is far more better

Cervantes
06-15-2009, 05:17 PM
I ended up getting RE5 and fallout 3. I loved RE4 so wouldn't mind tryin the next. Forgot i owned oblivion and was thinking about getting manhunt 1 and 2 but ill save that for later when i get through the first 3.....oblivion will be long enough lol.

Dunno why i said l4d2....prolly had it on my mind lol. Well ty all for the input of games, it really helped with my selection.

Lord_Doom_1184
06-15-2009, 06:54 PM
in RE4, at least in spanish version, it seem for the voices that you are fighting against angry mexicans, not against zombies xd

they have no bloody idea about spain, there are a great amount of epic fails in scenes, music...

LordLameeks
06-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Prototype, Lost Odyssey, Dead Rising, Resident Evil 5, Star Ocean IV, check the top ten lists for 360 and buy what you haven't played yet.

Yup i agree wit him fallout 3 and oblivion are really good you will spend alot of hours on thos

EpsilonX
06-15-2009, 09:54 PM
yea, but i think they have failed at attempting to do a "not proffesional soldier" shooter, and there are things that should appear in a game of that kind, like the possibility of run and walk, i dont know, i miss some things, call of cthulhu is also focused on puzzles and story, and the engine is far more better

well bioshock is the "spiritual successor" to system shock. I've played a lot of system shock, and a bit of bioshock, and bioshock seems like a more action oriented version of SS.

but i hear what you're saying. it seems like it doesn't know if it wants to be an action game or a puzzle game, so it tries to be both. (system shock is a puzzle/survival game, but theres also a lot of action)

edit: to be on topic somewhat, here's some games for 360 that look good to me

exclusives:
lost odyssey
mass effect
tales of vesp

multiplat:
dead space
fallout 3
oblivion
bioshock

future releases:
MGS rising
splinter cell conviction

jakncoke
06-16-2009, 01:34 PM
tales of vesperia is coming the PS3(in jpn anyways :laugh:).