PDA

View Full Version : Activision i lol at you if you go through with it

jakncoke
06-18-2009, 01:25 PM
According to a mysterious survey making the rounds, Activision is considering creating an online service that would bring timed exclusive content, as well as premium extras, to the multiplayer side of the Call of Duty franchise.

The survey -- of which we can’t verify its validity, but certainly felt interesting enough to pass on -- specifically mentions that the supposed service would “enhance the multiplayer experience and provide exclusive access to a group of gameplay enhancements.” This includes early access to expansions and betas, and exclusive access to character skins, enhanced stat tracking, game modes and even “support for competitive play.”

The service may come with a monthly fee attached to it or may come bundled with a copy of Call of Duty for a flat rate. The monthly fee idea is especially interesting: in March, Activision’s Bobby Kotick hinted at the possibility of a Call of Duty MMO.

"...when you think about other properties that we own and control, like Call of Duty, and what would be the natural evolution of a property like Call of Duty into a massively multiplayer environment, and how do you monetize that," Kotick stated at the Morgan Stanley Technical Conference three billion Internet years ago.

Well, this theoretical online shell -- not quite an MMO -- is certainly one way Activision could suck more rabid fan coin.

http://i43.tinypic.com/9k5yfm.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ecnlts.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/1zsmiu.jpg

If this happened it'd be utter BS, I don't play online much but I can see rape when it's rape. and this is rape and milkage if it ever came out to be true.

Exodyus
06-18-2009, 01:44 PM
So -- wait. If people were to pay money, they'd get wild amazing perks over those who wouldn't? Essh...

Sad part is, if that's the case -- people will pay.

LordLameeks
06-18-2009, 06:31 PM
This is a stupid idea....its not fair for lower middle class people....

Samus-Fan
06-18-2009, 06:46 PM
This is a stupid idea....its not fair for lower middle class people....

It's not fair for rich people either.
Even if they have money, they aren't gonna be all like "OMG I AM GONNA SPEND IT ON THIS UPGRADE WHATEVER IT IS"

You're saying that paying money isn't fair for poor people, but it is just fine for rich people.
Just 'cause they are rich doesn't make them wanna spend money.

My view on this is that it's stupid.
I wouldn't pay, and I'd slap anyone that did.
I hate milkage.
Let's make them spend money- on top of money!

EpsilonX
06-18-2009, 08:06 PM
well, this is a dumb idea, but it wouldn't change what you already have. so you don't lose anything if you don't pay

Trunks
06-18-2009, 08:32 PM
LoL?

Sounds pretty stupid to me. As soon as they start making you pay for map packs on the PC I'm going to quit buying there games. It's a little understandable for consoles, but if they do that for PC there will be lots of angry gamers.

Blackleo
06-18-2009, 10:41 PM
MMO !!! Yay ><