PDA

View Full Version : :/

jakncoke
06-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Activision CEO Bobby Kotick has warned that the publisher “might have to stop supporting Sony” platforms.

“I'm getting concerned about Sony; the PlayStation 3 is losing a bit of momentum and they don't make it easy for me to support the platform. It's expensive to develop for the console, and the Wii and the Xbox are just selling better. Games generate a better return on invested capital on the Xbox than on the PlayStation,” he told The Times.

“They have to cut the price, because if they don't, the attach rates are likely to slow,” he added. “If we are being realistic, we might have to stop supporting Sony. When we look at 2010 and 2011, we might want to consider if we support the console — and the PSP too.”

Kotick, who said recently that he was disappointed the platform holders opted not to announce console price cuts at E3, also noted that Activision had paid Sony $500 million in royalties and other goods last year, which “probably still worked out at 400 percent of the profit they made.”

utto it might getting about that time where PS3 gets gamecubed, but I don't see why, sure the console is selling craptastic the games still sell enough where i think if they have 360 on the lead platform and port over to the PS3, I think it's most likely a bluff to get Sony to drop the price though

younging94
06-19-2009, 09:44 AM
I'll be there for you Sony...ill be there for you...

Shixx
06-19-2009, 12:16 PM
I've lost all respect for Activision, before this. they're just retarded.

EpsilonX
06-19-2009, 01:13 PM
so that means no more guitar hero on ps3?

*shrugs*

jakncoke
06-19-2009, 01:32 PM
COD would be the one that killed me, I bet the lesser known or new IP would be left off ala Prototype and the PS3 would still get COD/TH/GH, still sucks if they go through with it.

EpsilonX
06-20-2009, 12:38 AM
yeah. i completely forgot about CoD when i posted that.

and i thought this was on a different forum...so i almost just posted it here.

good thing i didnt lol

Exodyus
06-20-2009, 12:47 AM
360 has become an all around, better console.
And I used to be a Sony fanboy.

360 just has all the games now. Boo.

EpsilonX
06-20-2009, 01:09 PM
And I used to be a Sony fanboy.

well, no. if sony does a price cut, then ps3 will be like wtfpwn.

jakncoke
06-20-2009, 01:14 PM
I dunno about that, but it certainly will makes things interesting. considering the current price points between the 2 and how they are selling one would think that if Sony dropped to 300 and Microsoft stood still that the PS3 would surpass the 360 in month to month sales in America in non-holidays, even if it's by a small margin ala pre 360 price cut in 2008

Trunks
06-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Doesn't matter to me, I just want Gran Turismo 5 lol. Only games that I like/want for any sony product is, Gran Turismo 5, The Resistance series, God of War 3 and that's it I think? Basically just exclusives, I buy everything else for the 360 because most my friends have 360's instead.

and I doubt Activision is even losing money on the PS3.

EpsilonX
06-24-2009, 11:38 AM
Doesn't matter to me, I just want Gran Turismo 5 lol. Only games that I like/want for any sony product is, Gran Turismo 5, The Resistance series, God of War 3 and that's it I think? Basically just exclusives, I buy everything else for the 360 because most my friends have 360's instead.

and I doubt Activision is even losing money on the PS3.

yeah but so many people would stop supporting ps3 if they didn't get their call of duty on it

Jaykub
06-24-2009, 02:45 PM
This is going to be epic news for Xbox

jakncoke
06-24-2009, 03:13 PM
I bet xbots have the kleenex ready for the first fap if the rumor becomes truth. sad consoles warriors

Trunks
06-24-2009, 06:50 PM
I bet xbots have the kleenex ready for the first fap if the rumor becomes truth. sad consoles warriors

Hmmm, that's be a weird thing to fap about.

I still don't see how it's a big deal. CoD is way better for the PC anyway... They have plenty of other great shooters, maybe this will cause another company to jump up and try to make a game to take CoD's place.

jakncoke
06-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Hmmm, that's be a weird thing to fap about.

I still don't see how it's a big deal. CoD is way better for the PC anyway... They have plenty of other great shooters, maybe this will cause another company to jump up and try to make a game to take CoD's place.

bu bu we have enough shooters in gaming, if guns need to be involved make an adventure game ala Uncharted

hidekipooj
06-25-2009, 08:00 AM

With a hardware failure rate 10 times that of the ps3 and no blu-ray...oh yeah.....definitely a better console. for sure.

Oh and infamous/metal gear iv/heavenly sword/gran turismo/uncharted/and killzone all say hi!

I

younging94
06-25-2009, 10:52 AM
With a hardware failure rate 10 times that of the ps3 and no blu-ray...oh yeah.....definitely a better console. for sure.

Oh and infamous/metal gear iv/heavenly sword/gran turismo/uncharted/and killzone all say hi!

I
...applause

=]
:laugh: