PDA

View Full Version : Connecting PS2 to LCD Monitor

wroxtar
06-19-2009, 03:09 PM
I recently purchased an ACER X193HQ 18.5 inch wide lcd monitor having a native resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels.
Now I bought it solely for the use of my playstation 2 on it with the help of component av cable(produces the best quality picture from ps2 compared to the bundled composite av cable or s-video cable sold separately).

I searched the internet over this thing and came to know that I need a vga box to do this.
But then, when I read the specs for all these vga boxes, none of them listed this resolution in their list of compatibility!
They have all the resolutions in the world up to the full HD ones except my monitor's resolution!

I got really frustrated. When I bought the monitor, I saw on the acer's website that it supports HD up to 720p, which was fine for me. But I never knew that buying a monitor half an inch less, would make me repent later. I wanted to buy a 19 inch monitor which has a native resolution of 1440 x 900 and it is listed on all the vga box list of compatible resolutions.

I am just not sure what to do.

I am still looking forward to the XCM Mega Cool VGA box.

Now I don't know whether it's worth it and it costs 80 dollars!

Please advise me on this, whether I should go for it or not.

Thanks in advance.

nitr0s
06-30-2009, 12:46 AM
Could you use a HDMI to DVI cable to hook straight to the monitor? Or maybe HDMI to DVI and the DVI to DB 15 depending on the connection of the monitor.