PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed...

Exodyus
06-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Alright, so lately -- I've been absolutely obsessed with Final Fantasy Tactics: Rift of the Grimore, I believe is the suffix to the title. Anyways, I love it and it's so fascinating and intriguing and yet still so difficult that last night I had to turn the damn game off because it made me so angry.

It's a DS game for those of you who don't know, and it's set around the world of Ivalice. As FF: Tactics and FF XII are.
So you're this kid, who's in his real life and has to clean the library because he gets in trouble, and then he gets sucked into a magic book. BAM! You're in Ivalice. So now -- how do you get out?
There's a magic journal on your person as well, yet whenever you complete some actions, the book fills on it's own; kinda cool concept, really.

So anyways. The game has got me hooked and I'm addicted. I'm only like around level 25~30 with my characters, but I have nearly half the game left, I think. I'm just taking on quests left and right to get my job classes up.

Basically, each weapon has certain abilities for some classes. And those abilities are learned in increments of 30 (30 / 250 - 90 / 250, etc) until you learn the skill.
Then after (X) amount of skills are earned for certain classes, you unlock other classes. And so on. It's addicting.

But last night, I was miffed.

I was in this Clan Trial, which basically means you have a task to complete within the limits given and you MUST abide by the Law placed on that round. (Law being 1 rule you have to follow: No Magic, No Swords, No Ranged Weapons, etc...)

So I'm in this Trial and the Limit is:

Examine the Magic Pot 6 times in 4 rounds.

Here's the deal. WHILE battling 5 enemies.

And the law is: No range weapons.

So - The first round, I move my characters strategically forward in the map, all space by space, and the enemies are Ahrain's. They're flying eyeballs, essentially.
So - these flying eyes have Death Gaze, which confuses you IF YOU'RE FACING THEM.
Round 1 - 3 characters are confused and running around.
Round 2 - I get inches from the pot, 2 spaces away... And an Ahrain casts Roulette.
Round 3 - Unfortunately for me, Roulette kills the person closest to the pot and I've only examined it once, now. -_- Damn thing starts SO far away.
Round 4 - GG.

UGH. I can't beat it at this level, I don't think. It's ridiculously hard, lol.

EpsilonX
06-20-2009, 01:23 PM
go on gamefaqs?

just keep going? get a hackey sack and throw that instead of your DS.

Lucia
07-02-2009, 02:58 AM
I love that game i finished it with 90 hours! no joke. So very addictive i have a level 96 all star team :D. the joke can be a bit harsh at times and the laws are cruel even if you cant help it like not getting stolen from etc. General training III is the hardest i still havent beaten it. its: "defeat an enemy in 3 turns on the last turn 2 more will join there rank" not to hard right BUT u must follow the rules in this case you cant deal over 30 damage -_- pretty hard when you have level 96's and a bunch of lv 30's the monsters like level 46 i was going okay but i got a critical and failed. Hard stuff.

Exodyus
07-02-2009, 03:18 AM
Lolol. I talk on all the Clan Trials at the hardest tier to see how I can beat them. I usually come off scott free with the one's like the Rock, Paper, Scissors trial deal. Lol. An easy win with the best Clan Title.

Right now, I'm about 30 hours into the game and I'm pumped for more.

What exactly does the All Star team do? I'm assuming everyone has maxed out their MVP deal?

Lucia
07-02-2009, 07:33 AM
yea i got all my team max MVP but nothing special happens.I got some skills such as dual wield for Luso and ultimate attacks such as ultimate masher etc i got a few master classes but i need more weapons :( . really im just trying to finish all the post-game quests. what are you up to?

whitewolf3001
07-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Love that game. But lately I play warcraft. I found an awesome site where I can play it free. never any fees. at Nice try... stick to the correct threads.

check it out! :yes: