PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7 reaches 100k dl's

jakncoke
06-24-2009, 11:17 PM
PlayStation Network hits 25 million registered users
Sony's PlayStation Network has hit 25 million registered users worldwide according to latest figures, and over 500 million content downloads.

The PlayStation 3 and PSP Store currently boasts a library of over 200 games, 1900 films and 9000 TV shows as well as demos and trailers.

Recent PSone title Final Fantasy VII re-released though the store for PS3 and PSP alone clocked up over 100,000 downloads in the last two weeks, making it the most downloaded game on the service in North America.

Other classic PSone games that will shortly join the 40-plus already available include Wild Arms 2 and Spec Ops: Stealth Patrol, while Sony will also release new downloadable title Fat Princess later this year.

Following Final Fantasy VII as the most downloaded games in North America last week were Wolfenstein 3D, Bomberman ULTRA, Gunstar Heroes and Trash Panic.

The top five add-ons downloaded include two Call of Duty: World at War map packs, Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island and the LittleBigPlanet ICO costume pack.

a lot of people not wanting to pay the 40 some bucks to get the game on disc, also not that 25 million accounts doesnt= 25 million sold PS3 as many are well aware that early on many created 3 accounts, 1 us/1 eu/1 jpn because Sony had trouble releasing content at the same time amongst the 3 major regions, I mean hell I personally have about 4 us/1 eu/1 jpn

EpsilonX
06-25-2009, 04:49 PM
maybe the massive sales of this will show them how much people love FF7 and that everyone would be willing to buy the game if it was remade

either that, or they figure a download is good enough

hidekipooj
06-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Why would they remake a game that is already selling multiple copies generations over and still making them a profit just as it is.

FFVII is a classsic, I say leave it as it is....and work faster on getting FFXIII and FFXIV released!

EpsilonX
06-27-2009, 10:59 PM
Why would they remake a game that is already selling multiple copies generations over and still making them a profit just as it is.

FFVII is a classsic, I say leave it as it is....and work faster on getting FFXIII and FFXIV released!

when the download loses steam, remake it.

and they've remade 1-4, i'm sure they'll release 5 and 6 and a lot of people would be mad if they stopped there

nitr0s
06-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Final Fantasy is such a mediocre game I don't understand how it is so popular.

EpsilonX
06-30-2009, 11:12 AM

i could (and do) say the same thing about games such as gears and halo. i think both games are pretty stupid, yet they're immensely popular

it's all matter of taste. some people would rather play a longer game that has a focus on story and strategy rather than running around and killing stuff

Exodyus
06-30-2009, 12:52 PM

... mediocre? You mean to tell me that the developers who spent thousands of hours to develop a storyline, a battle system, a world, monsters, and everything else for gameplay of - over 120 ~ 160 hours is mediocre?

But you support retarded games that take a day to beat and involve no real thought process? Only the most basic of motor functions and revolve around a crappy storyline?

You are obviously a poor judge of gaming. Your opinion now equates to null.

i could (and do) say the same thing about games such as gears and halo. i think both games are pretty stupid, yet they're immensely popular

it's all matter of taste. some people would rather play a longer game that has a focus on story and strategy rather than running around and killing stuff

Amen, brother.