PDA

View Full Version : Vent?

El3mentGamer
07-27-2009, 07:36 PM
LiNuX you honestly should switch to ventrilo... More clear, and not much static. plus on TS i sound like a squirrel xD

LiNuX
07-27-2009, 08:20 PM
LiNuX you honestly should switch to ventrilo... More clear, and not much static. plus on TS i sound like a squirrel xD

do you want to buy me a ventrilo license? if yes then sure I'll do it -

I'm trying to provide the best free solutions to our gamers - Ventrilo won't allow me to open a non-demo mode server on my end - which is 4 or 8 slots max I believe. Teamspeak on the other hand allows me to open 10 servers with a max of 100 slots each as a kind of private license - so in my mind TS > Vent :)

El3mentGamer
07-28-2009, 06:08 PM
I dont understand exactly what u mean. But in my old Combat Arms clan (thanks to u for showing me that game) we had teamspeak which NO one liked xD and when we switched to Vent we got more members i could hear everyones REAL voice and it was much clearer and we once had 30 members All logged onto vent. And it was a private server. im still not suire if i understand what u mean.

LiNuX
07-28-2009, 06:34 PM
I dont understand exactly what u mean. But in my old Combat Arms clan (thanks to u for showing me that game) we had teamspeak which NO one liked xD and when we switched to Vent we got more members i could hear everyones REAL voice and it was much clearer and we once had 30 members All logged onto vent. And it was a private server. im still not suire if i understand what u mean.

what I mean is that TS for us is free to use while Vent has to be rented out from a third party company OR I have to get a commercial license from Ventrilo and it's not cheap because they sell by the slot count.

El3mentGamer
07-28-2009, 08:43 PM
o... i didnt know Teamspeak was free... :\ but still i HIGHLY reccomend Ventrilo :)

LiNuX
07-28-2009, 09:12 PM
moved all the posts into its own thread - next time when trying to highly recommend something, do it in its own thread without going off topic with another thread.

and even if you do highly recommend it - I'm not going to spend money on a vent for you - you are free to do what you want.

I've used both and I've owned both kinds of servers and I highly prefer Teamspeak :)

jakncoke
07-29-2009, 12:24 AM
It's like he's getting paid to be a Vent marketer :laugh:

El3mentGamer
07-29-2009, 04:23 PM
whatever. I was just\ making a reccomendation...

Shixx
08-12-2009, 05:16 AM
Any idea on when Teamspeak 3 comes out?

jango
12-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Any idea on when Teamspeak 3 comes out?

well there was an update not too long ago which you can see here (http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=blog) .. so hopefully not too long

krizmn
08-10-2010, 05:20 PM
To vent or not to vent, does that make any sense?

Aizen
10-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Weve got a vent server now. Check out the gf servers section