PDA

View Full Version : Burn Zombie Burn sells 70k

jakncoke
07-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Doublesix's PlayStation Network title Burn Zombie Burn has sold over 70,000 copies, the developer has revealed.

And studio head James Brooksby has called for greater transparency from platform holders to reveal true sales figures for games released via services such as PSN, Xbox Live Arcade and WiiWare.

"I do wish that all the platform owners would make their digital sales figures public. We feel this lack of transparency is hindering the development of these channels," he said.

"As a developer trying to decide which platforms to develop for, as well as what type of games to make, we’re currently in the dark regarding real sales performance for digital platforms and that makes it increasingly difficult to make realistic plans.

"I’d like to see some kind of verified sales charts on all digital systems to encourage more developers to support these channels and to help make sensible investment decisions," he added.

Doublesix expects Burn Zombie Burn to benefit from long tail sales, with the company developing expansion packs and a Home space in the near future.

congrats, looks like it could be a fun game. I need to get it some time

LiNuX
07-31-2009, 09:00 AM
never even heard of this game but I like the title...Burn Zombie Burn...I love zombie games

and then again, since I don't have the ps3, I haven't paid attention to any PSN games - but congrats to the game on 70k sold

jakncoke
07-31-2009, 12:06 PM
YouTube - Burn Zombie Burn! - Graveyard (Freeplay) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Os93-F1Cr8)

Here is some gameplay

LiNuX
07-31-2009, 01:20 PM
looks sweet - reminds me of some other game I used to play - can't put my finger on that one though

looks interesting too and i only watched the first 3 minutes or so of the vid and it looks fun at first but repetitive later on

Shixx
07-31-2009, 03:17 PM
The bat looks awesome.