PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Reality

RaiDae
08-04-2009, 03:33 PM
What are the chances of our being alive when the first virtual reality gaming system comes to town? It's gonna be one hell of a feat to produce a console which can translate the users restricted movements into the (the normaly unrealistic) movements of the character. It's also bound to be ludicrously expensive and take up a rather huge amount of room. It's likely that when and IF it finally appears, the first VR's would be available only in public places.
Also, what type of games would there be? Something like sims would be mental. People could get VR and real life mixed up... Or people really thinkk they could do magic like their char in a fntasy game... that would be majorly screwed up.

Personally I want to experience a VR game. Think it'd just be awesome. Don't think it's very likely though.

Now, your opinions please.

Samus-Fan
08-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Uhm, think about how far we've come in 50 years.
I don't think Virtual Reality is as far as we come to think it is, I'd give it another 80-150 years and it'll be here, and that is it perfected, not beta.

I think a Zombie Shooter Virtual Reality would be beast. L4D: VR anyone?

Trunks
08-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Well, the Xbox protocol which is in the beta right now is the closes thing to VR. You won't need a controller for anything it's all motion sensors and voice activated. It's set to release in 2012. They got vids and stuff you can download off of Xbox live. I'm sure it's on youtube too. Technically it's not VR, but games without controllers is a step to it. I bet within the next 10 years we will get a VR system.

war skunk
10-19-2009, 02:23 PM
I dont know about the whole no controller thing i think its all more about not even needing voice commands

LemonRising
10-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Am I the only person who is pretty content with my controller?

I'm okay with there never being any VR games. >:

Iceskater101
10-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Am I the only person who is pretty content with my controller?

I'm okay with there never being any VR games. >:

Haha I feel exactly the same way