PDA

View Full Version : Know of any lawyers for hosting companys?

greent
05-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Sadly, the new owner of gamers-forum old hosting, "SukanTab"

Has deleted my account/website! and I would like to maybe get it back and get some money out of this in the making.
There is free service by the gov. if you want to sue for under $500 but i was thinking 2,000 or maybe 5.

It is free host, but My site has followed all rules and he never changed them.. Still has'nt and i Think deleteing a webiste giving no back-ups no warns, nothing just cuase he does'nt like me.
Is straight up Bull.

Well hope someone could tell me of somewhere to get a lawyer!
Thank you!

LiNuX
05-01-2007, 07:10 PM
well first - you have to try to get one that deals with online services or contract breaking - near where you live - and you must actually find his laywer and talk through it first - if no settlement is made - then you can sue - otherwise, it can take months to even years for the case to actually get called up to a judge - i speak from experience.

its not always that easy but good luck

FattaT
05-01-2007, 07:30 PM
You said it's a free host right?
99% of the time with free hosts they say in the Terms and Conditions / Terms of Use that they are allowed to disable anyones account at anytime for no reason.

LiNuX
05-01-2007, 07:39 PM
You said it's a free host right?
99% of the time with free hosts they say in the Terms and Conditions / Terms of Use that they are allowed to disable anyones account at anytime for no reason.

oh yea i forgot about that - i think they have one for that - but i doubt he did cancel your account on purpose - he wasnt even on when your site went down - notice that - i have tried to reach him since i have one of my blog's hosted there - i dont want it going down

greent
05-01-2007, 07:45 PM
err.. u sure i cant find the topic chayron made for the rules =/
linux u no where its @?

but you know thats not the problem the main issue is why, Why did he for no reason @ all he has no reason @ all to close my site w/o making backups for me nothing.

He is just stupid senseless and just plain stupid. >:(

LiNuX
05-01-2007, 07:53 PM
err.. u sure i cant find the topic chayron made for the rules =/
linux u no where its @?

but you know thats not the problem the main issue is why, Why did he for no reason @ all he has no reason @ all to close my site w/o making backups for me nothing.

He is just stupid senseless and just plain stupid. >:(

i doubt it was a topic but they are sure to have a TOS i'll look for it and post if i find it - and again i doubt that he did shut down your site - maybe your site was never moved to the new server and a few days ago the new server was shut down - around the time your site went down.

but i say you should at least wait for a response and like i said - its not really that easy to sue anyone and get compensation - you have to prove how he did monetary damages to you.

greent
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Well for the first aprt Labor.. Imangine loosing 1,000+ hours of work on your site including all your posts

That i can sue.

by the way read chayrons post(AUP)

http://www.post4hosting.com/forums/viewtopic1227.html

Hello all

All members please check our AUP it has all the latest additions, please make sure that your website/s meet the policies, any account that is found to violate these rules will be either suspended or immediately terminated depending on the violation.
This also includes all accounts you create under any of our reseller plans.

http://www.post4hosting.com/aup.htm

Thank you.

greent
05-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Whoops found the terms,

http://www.post4hosting.com/termsofservice.html

I'm good I will sue if possible When Sukantab replys and says he will put my site up i'll forgot the lawyer but from now I'm ready to get a lawyers

7- Post4Hosting shall be the sole judge of what violates any of the above policies, post4hosting further more reserves all the rights in amending these policies at any time without any notice.

So at of all the last term says they can change but does'nt say they can jsut remove unelss i brake those terms
If i sue I will most likly win :)

LiNuX
05-01-2007, 08:01 PM
well that link has been down for like 3 years, their AUP link but this is their TOS http://www.post4hosting.com/termsofservice.html

this is their number 5 rule:
5- Post4Hosting.com will and cannot be held responsible for any outages that its service may occur, we will not be held responsible for any financial losses or any kind of injuries.

now that works against you since that has been up for years.

greent
05-01-2007, 08:04 PM
but thats not the case sukantab first put up the suspension page then removed my website from being avialble

I asked chayron if he did move and NSVR told me the downtime was cuased by DNS resolve junk

LiNuX
05-01-2007, 08:13 PM
yeah i know ur angry man - but still it'll be very tough to win a case like that , i still say you try to get into contact with him, get his contact info from maybe chayron since he did sell it and see if u can resolve it without problems.

diablo
05-02-2007, 09:10 AM
wow thats very angry - i was gonna go try that a few months back but never found the time for it - but do tell us how it turns out greent

greent
05-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Well, I'm thinkign about ending the server creation that i weas gonna do and I'm just going to sell my pc and get rid of all thought about computers I realy don't have any thing do to w/ them. I thought when i grew up to have my own home buisness but i guess life is tough when you least expect it boom they shoot you str8 in the head! bah!

I'm not sure. I'l see if i can restore my forums if i cant forget this and i will see all three if my sites rune-nation.net for 250 bari-pizza.com for 100 and susiapart.com for 150

I will also, charger chayron for deleteing my site.
becuase he did it. He told me he put it on reseller for a week and then thinkign sukantab moved it (but sukantab is a stupid duck, so he did'nt move it) and then chayron deleted it.
I'm screwed, I hope something lyk this dose'nt happend to anyone. It's realy realy tough..

rldowling03
05-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh thats horrible. I know exactly how you feel. I had just moved to a new host, all my files were moved over. I had a great forum community with about 2,000 members and coming up to 5,000 posts and it had been up for about 7 months. Now the counter on the site was about 250,000 and it easily got 40-50,000 hits a month. Now I came on one day and what do you know, I have an email from the hosting company saying I am suspended for crashing their servers by using 20% cpu, (this host will suspend you if u use more than 2% cpu) and when I emailed back to the host, being upset and all considering they just accused me of purposely crashing their server, I just asked them what was causing the cpu overload and then they didnt give me a straight answer and I got a bit upset, frustrated, etc.

Now I got a bit sweary, I said the ****** word a few times, just the word, not at the operator, like ******'n hell and stuff like that, not even aimed at the support team, and Boom, they delete my hosting account, with 7-8 months of work (not backed up becasue it was easily over 500 mb with 100mb DB and try backing that up on dialup) and basically they just deleted it becasue I swore indirectly. It pissed me off so much and I just was so down and depressed the whole week becasue I lost it all, so yeah I know where you are coming from. Its unfair treatment and not an honest thing to do from the hosts perspective.