PDA

View Full Version : Vick signs with Eagles, 2 years

jakncoke
08-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Just heard while watching the Steelers/Cards game

Trunks
08-13-2009, 07:55 PM
That's awesome. I'm glad a team picked him up. Can't wait to see him play, he's suspended 6 games though

Samus-Fan
08-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Imo, NFL truly messed up here.
Vick had a chance, ruined it, why should he get another?
He did suck a horrible thing, so he doesn't deserve playing again.

If I was a football team, and I was going up against the Eagles, I'd forfeit. It wouldn't be worth it.

jakncoke
08-13-2009, 08:19 PM
That's awesome. I'm glad a team picked him up. Can't wait to see him play, he's suspended 6 games though

He can play the final 2 preseason games and It's on solid 6 games. It could be up to but Goodell could let him in early.

Trunks
08-13-2009, 08:19 PM
I think he should get another chance. What he did had nothing to do with football. It's completely separate. He already did his punishment, it's over with. Do I like what he did? no, but he's a great player and shouldn't be punished by not being able to play football when we already did his time.

Also if you were a football team you wouldn't play? You mean a player? If you wouldn't play, I'm sure they would fire you or bench you a few games. And if you were the coach, you'd definitely get fired.

He can play the final 2 preseason games and It's on solid 6 games. It could be up to but Goodell could let him in early.

Oh, well I'll be sure to watch the preseason games, need to look up a schedule

Samus-Fan
08-13-2009, 08:51 PM
I think he should get another chance. What he did had nothing to do with football. It's completely separate. He already did his punishment, it's over with. Do I like what he did? no, but he's a great player and shouldn't be punished by not being able to play football when we already did his time.

Do you even know what he did?
Lets put you in a cage, and force you to fight someone to the death. Stronger than you? You stand no chance? Tired? Abused? Hurt? Injured? Eh, aw well, you're gonna die most likely, going up against other people grown to kill you.

But yea, you know, I think we should pay him millions for it. And then let him have fun in a sport, he deserves it.

Trunks
08-13-2009, 08:56 PM
Yea, I do know what he did. I just said I don't like what he did... But What he did has nothing to do with football. So it should be dealt with separately. That's my point, I'm not going to sit here and argue. This is my last post on the matter.

Samus-Fan
08-13-2009, 09:00 PM
But he is still your favorite player and you're looking forward to seeing him play again.
Lol.

Let's look up to bad people, hmm?

jakncoke
08-13-2009, 09:01 PM
It's funny people get up in arms because Vick did what he did and don't want him back. But you don't see them get up in arms for other f'd up things. doubles standards because it's a cutesy dog.

Samus-Fan
08-13-2009, 09:06 PM
It's funny people get up in arms because Vick did what he did and don't want him back. But you don't see them get up in arms for other f'd up things. doubles standards because it's a cutesy dog.

I dunno, I get pretty up in arms about our government, that;s pretty f'd up as well.
I get pretty up in arms about when the crowd cheered when Anderson got carried off in a stretcher because of a concussion.

I get up in arms for things I think are wrong, sorry I have my own opinions Jak.

Trunks
08-13-2009, 09:11 PM
But he is still your favorite player and you're looking forward to seeing him play again.
Lol.

Let's look up to bad people, hmm?

why am I posting again....

I never said he was my favorite player. He use to be, I like Ray Lewis actually, but vik will still be up there. Not for what he did to the dogs, but because what he did when he played football. But I watch football for entertainment, not sure why you watch it. But M. Vik is a great play maker and is was fun to watch him play for Atl. I'd like to see if he still has it and how good he will do. I'm not worried about what e did 2 years ago, It was wrong, everyone knows it. But you can't hold it against him forever. Everyone has done something wrong, maybe not the extent that Vik did, but more or less they did something wrong. I'm not going to whine over someone joining the NFL after they already severed there punishment.

Okay now seriously. This is my last post. I'm done.

jakncoke
08-13-2009, 09:18 PM
I dunno, I get pretty up in arms about our government, that;s pretty f'd up as well.
I get pretty up in arms about when the crowd cheered when Anderson got carried off in a stretcher because of a concussion.

I get up in arms for things I think are wrong, sorry I have my own opinions Jak.

Where were you when Stallworth only got 30 days and got out early, where were you when Goodell gave him a 1 yr suspension, leaving him to being allowed to come back. But I guess killing someone while driving drunk is something not worthy of ranting about.

Samus-Fan
08-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Where were you when Stallworth only got 30 days and got out early, where were you when Goodell gave him a 1 yr suspension, leaving him to being allowed to come back. But I guess killing someone while driving drunk is something not worthy of ranting about.

Actually, I don't agree with that.
I said that he deserved more time in prison for killing someone.

jakncoke
08-13-2009, 10:04 PM
The Eagles will hold a news conference on Friday morning to announce his signing. The first year of the deal is for $1.6 million with an option for the second year at $5.2 million.

So basically a 1 yr deal, no way they pay him 5.2 next year.

Trunks
08-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Unless he's just god after not playing football for like 2 years. But depending how the public reacts to him being on the team, after his first year I'm sure other teams will be more willing to pick him up.

Kujo
08-14-2009, 12:37 PM
From what I heard/read.. he's only allowed to play the final 2 pre-season games, and the LAST 2 or 3 games of the normal season.

Iceskater101
08-17-2009, 11:09 PM
But think about this though..
Would Michael Vick have stopped dog fighting unless he was caught?
No.....
and if it was a lawyer, doctor or a really important person in society they wouldn't be able to return to there career as if nothing happened
and the funny thing isn't Philadelphia the capital of dog fighting?
thats kind of ironic

Jaykub
08-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Wish the panthers had of got em. But glad to see him playing again