PDA

View Full Version : [Exodian Review] {360} Prototype

Exodyus
08-31-2009, 11:21 AM
http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/prototype_360_packfront_cl.jpg

YouTube - Prototype - Trailer (HD) (Game Trailer) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvsUkUaJjYs)

¦» Developer
¦----» Radical Entertainment
¦» System
¦----» XBox 360 / PS3 / PC
¦» Rating
¦----» M (Mature)(Package for some reason says RP, but they carded me when I bought it.)
¦» Game Play - 9.5/10
¦----» I'm only about six to seven hours into the game right now and the handling is phenomenal. The camera angles can tend to be a pain sometimes, which is why it's missing the half point, however everything else is awesome. The buttons aren't too hard to pin down and understand. The inner workings are easily explained and very well done.
¦» Graphics - 10/10
¦----» You can't NOT give this game a 10/10 on graphics. You can climb to the highest point in the map, which I believe is the Empire State Building, and look out over the entire city. You can look down and see the cars driving around, people moving, choppers flying. It's stunning. And the up-close detail when the punches are thrown is gorgeous.
¦» Audio - 8/10
¦----» You don't really hear much music when you're in the heat of the game. Or at least, my brain doesn't register it because you're listening to so much else. People screaming. Explosions. The COM's of the military going back and forth, hunting for you.
¦» Replay Value - (X)/10
¦----» I haven't beaten the game yet, which is why I didn't rate it - but if I had to say anything now, I'd say this game - the graphics. Racing up the buildings. Grappling people. Hurling cars -- It's a major success and I'd play it again and again.

Game's Overall Review: 9/10

Now for the nitty gritty you all want!

http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/prototype4.jpg
This is the guy you play, Alex Mercer. His story revolves around some form of amnesia and you don't know why, when you start off.
After a few missions you discover you're at the center of a big genetic experiment on viral product. Now -- you're hunted as Government Property.

http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2009/04/08/prototype_Cyggt_3858.jpg
You have the ability to CONSUME people. You punch through them, mutilate them, destroy them, and then consume them into yourself. Each person you consume, you can become them - and wear their "skin" (in a programming sense) and wear them as a disguise.
This is the gore I spoke of. Lol.

http://images.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/161535_S/New-Games-This-Week-Prototype.jpg
Finisher moves, call Devastators -- allow you to do ... substantial damage. Lol. To say the least. When you have your claws out, this attack you see above, is him charging and then plunging his hand into the ground. The spikes in the background are the resulting attack. Extremely deadly.

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00068/Prototype_68809a.jpg
This is a power I haven't achieved yet, but you can morph your arms into chain-whips and slice people in half, reach out and tear down helicopters or use your arms like wrecking balls.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/prototype.03.lg.jpg
Using the consume ability, you can take over tank drivers, commanders, pilots, and much more -- and in doing so, you can access and learn their abilities. As seen, you can take over tanks and fire missiles and the main gun.

Knibbler
08-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Awesome review Ex.
Agree with pretty much everything there..
And the replay value, I'd personally give 9/10.
I won't spoil anything for you but it's definately replayable more than once.

Exodyus
08-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Awesome review Ex.
Agree with pretty much everything there..
And the replay value, I'd personally give 9/10.
I won't spoil anything for you but it's definately replayable more than once.

<3

Thank you, sir.

And I'm excited for it.
It's an amazing game, so far.

Street_Soldier69
08-31-2009, 02:57 PM
nice, i wish i was a game reviewer

Samus-Fan
08-31-2009, 04:42 PM
I heard about this game, I'mma gonna ask for it for my birthday, it looks beast.

Can you have Free Play like GTA and just run around killing people and using your powers, or is it straight up missions and missions only?

Knibbler
08-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Completely upto you whether or not you do the missions, though the further through the missions you get the more powers you unlock.

Samus-Fan
08-31-2009, 05:25 PM
So it's like GTA.
Except you're always wanted.
And you're mutant.
And instead of more guns, locations, and people, you get more powers.

Exodyus
08-31-2009, 05:32 PM
So it's like GTA.
Except you're always wanted.
And you're mutant.
And instead of more guns, locations, and people, you get more powers.

With infinitely better graphics.
A storyline that isn't beyond retarded, lol.
Nothing to do with drugs, other than the scientific type.

Lol.

It's like GTA - only not at all.
They're Sandboxes - that's all that's in common.

RaiDae
08-31-2009, 06:42 PM
I agree with you - the game is excellent. I thought at first the graphics were terrible (i couldn't see anything), then i got a new TV and suddenly, everything was awesome.

The challenges are pretty awesome. There's a good few of them, ranging from landing in the right spot using glide after jumping off a very tall building, to killing as many people as you can, using a certain power-up in a time-limit. And once you get gold on all (gonna call 'em) side-quests, it unlocks platinum level aswell. Which could take ages to achieve.

Trunks
08-31-2009, 08:33 PM
A lot of my friends said this was a good game.

Sounds/Looks pretty sweet. If I can find someone to borrow it off of I will. To poor to afford any games atm.

Good Review

Street_Soldier69
08-31-2009, 11:52 PM
i like it but the graffics suck.

Knibbler
09-01-2009, 04:20 AM
i like it but the graffics suck.

Are you playing in SD or HD.

Exodyus
09-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks, Trunks.

And Street - if you think this game has bad graphics, you need to get glasses.
Cause you're outta your mind - lol. Blind or something.

Street_Soldier69
09-01-2009, 03:38 PM
Thanks, Trunks.

And Street - if you think this game has bad graphics, you need to get glasses.
Cause you're outta your mind - lol. Blind or something.

dude im just saying GTA4 has better graffics (my opinion) lol and i already have glasses, thanks anyway. and i play in HD dude

Samus-Fan
09-01-2009, 05:28 PM
dude im just saying GTA4 has better graffics (my opinion) lol and i already have glasses, thanks anyway. and i play in HD dude

Lolwow.
I thought GTA VI's graphics sucked for being 4 years to be made.

And in HD, and you still think this game doesn't have good graphics, you are crazy.

Knibbler
09-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Lolwow.
I thought GTA VI's graphics sucked for being 4 years to be made.

And in HD, and you still think this game doesn't have good graphics, you are crazy.

Now this is a statement I can agree with.
Prototype in 1080p is one sexy ass game :P

Street_Soldier69
09-01-2009, 07:39 PM
still like i just said... "my opinion" everyone has their own.