PDA

View Full Version : What songs make you nostalgic?

Ubernerd
08-31-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm more of a metal and occasional techno sort of guy, but when I was younger the only station that would come in clearly in the car was 97.9 and they only played pop music. I would take a weekly drive into Movie Gallery to grab a new game and some songs were so catchy they still stuck with me.

Like Hips Don't Lie. That song was so popular they played it every ten minutes. I also remember Roses by Outkast. Those songs bring back memories of simpler times, lol.

What about you?

LiNuX
08-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Nobody's Listening - Linkin Park

reminds me of the drive to Canada every time.

there are a few others. not as vivid.

EpsilonX
10-07-2009, 11:22 AM
hips don't lie is from when you were younger? i was like 16, it's not that old lol.

anyways, i'd have to say...november rain - guns n roses, and basically any dance song. (yes even new songs. don't trust me makes me nostalgic) simply because I miss high school and high school dances, and dance music brings back memories

KittyCat72
10-07-2009, 11:57 AM
I have a lot of songs stuck with me from my older brother. He would listen to some really weird songs (names that I don't remember unless I hear them again) and I would be forced to listen because the computer he was on was in the same room as the N64 and Gamecube. When I hear one of those songs, the first thing I think of is Yoshi Story or Windwaker on a rainy day.

Knibbler
10-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Any country track that's played brings back memories of days I use to spend with my grandparents. Although british, everything about them was country.
and a lot of Owl Cities music reminds me of the good times I had with a recently passed friend of mine.

LemonRising
10-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin.
Reminds me of sitting out in the backyard with the parents when I was young, just listening around the fire.
Everyone was silent, nobody moved.
Surreal

LiNuX
10-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Remember the name - Fort minor

I was driving today and that song came up in rotation - reminded me of the drive down to Washington D.C.

good times...

Yuuki
10-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Well, I don't know the specific songs off the top of my head, but some songs by Flyleaf and Hey Monday.
Then there's Over My Head by The Fray, too.

Aizen
10-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Kiss From a Rose by SEAL, is probably the most nostalgic I can get. Watching Batman over and over when I was little really made that song stick in my head. I still remember the words :P

JuveThaGreat
10-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Sisqo - Thong Song Lmao...came out when i was in about the 5th grade n i went to skool sayin it to erry girl possible

Blinded by The Light - it came on the radio alot in my welding class during my senior year

alot of songs by Tupac too.

Quenya
10-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I would say It's my life, Bon Jovi, summons old memories..

EpsilonX
10-08-2009, 08:39 PM
yknow what song's really nostalgic for me for some reason? Third Temptation of Paris - Alesana.

i listened to it during an extremely happy part of my life, and it makes me feel almost as happy as i was then. haha. of course i don't have the same reasons to be happy though