PDA

View Full Version : Future gaming - NEW PS4 / XBOX

TheMutzNutz
09-03-2009, 02:03 AM
Ok i see soooo many threads '' whats better ps3/xbox/wii '' - Your going to go with what ever you have. obvious ! and i know that the ps3 is very powerful and its graphics are awsome - and i also know that xbox live is better than PSN, ( argue all you want but it is ) as it should be as ur paying for it. But the truth is the new XBOX what ever it may be called has an expected release date of 2012 ( will probably be delayd for a year ) where the ps3 is already 10 ahead of its time FACT!. So in a few years we will have this conversation again ( ps3/xbox/wii ) ! ')

Trunks
09-03-2009, 03:04 PM
The new Microsoft console is going to be named "Project Natal" Their isn't a set release date on it yet. But there are various videos on the beta version of the console.

I don't 'think' their has been any information given on Nintendo's or Sony's new consoles.

LemonRising
09-03-2009, 05:12 PM
I thought project natal was more of an extension to the xbox 360?

Trunks
09-03-2009, 05:39 PM
From what I read, I'm not sure if anyone knows for sure. It may be just an add on thing, but I could never find an article from Microsoft about it. Microsoft hasn't really said much about it like I said.

LemonRising
09-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Xbox.com | Project Natal (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/)

for anyone who's wondering.

Knibbler
09-03-2009, 06:19 PM
The new Microsoft console is going to be named "Project Natal" Their isn't a set release date on it yet. But there are various videos on the beta version of the console.

I don't 'think' their has been any information given on Nintendo's or Sony's new consoles.

Project Natal will be an add-on to the Xbox 360 console allowing for a hands free gaming and entertainment experience and it's expected for release late 2010.

Shixx
09-03-2009, 08:21 PM
I just Have to ask whats your guys opinion of Natal, I personally think it will Fail very hard.
I just don't see how it could be fun to play games like that, it would be cool to browse the Menus and use Voice activated Options and tasks but I don't see playing actual games being much fun

Knibbler
09-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I'd have to agree with you Shixx, personally I'd feel far more comfortabel playing a video game with a pad in my hands.
I think during the announcment, we were all blinded with excitement that for the first few weeks we were all like "This is soo totally awesome!!" but now we've had some time to settle down and actually get our heads around the concept of it, it's just going to be another overly expensive toy for Microsoft to tease us with.

I believe that the only way for 'Natal' to be win material, is if Microsoft DON'T rush to get this out and actually take their time to perfect everything there is to it.

Street_Soldier69
09-03-2009, 09:29 PM
I just Have to ask whats your guys opinion of Natal, I personally think it will Fail very hard.
I just don't see how it could be fun to play games like that, it would be cool to browse the Menus and use Voice activated Options and tasks but I don't see playing actual games being much fun

ya i agree with you, good thing i only play playstation. so i dont have to worry about it

TheMutzNutz
09-04-2009, 05:03 AM
Yea it looks like a glorified eye toy !, looks fun navigating through the menu's but i play fifa cause i cant be assed going out to play football etc etc so for me this is a no !, defo just an add on, big hype for what it is i think. :/

Iceskater101
09-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Yea it looks like a glorified eye toy !, looks fun navigating through the menu's but i play fifa cause i cant be assed going out to play football etc etc so for me this is a no !, defo just an add on, big hype for what it is i think. :/

I agree with this
i am not going to get project natal or whatever they are going to call it

Street_Soldier69
09-07-2009, 04:21 PM
project natal sounds like a mid 30s sceme to get people to buy hotdogs in order to lauche a nuclear strike on asia to kill out they internet filters, so george bush can get his XXX websites..... thats what i think about project natal

LemonRising
09-17-2009, 09:44 AM
I think games should be play with a controller.
I don't even like using the wii.

Plus I just can't see it working properly.
I SEE MANY A FAILED GAMES DUE TO FLAWED TECHNOLOGY.

Exodyus
09-17-2009, 11:27 AM
You guys are looking at this all the wrong way!

Maybe this is the first innovative step into curing the nation's obesity issues! Imagine the average, chunky couch-potato thundering in their living room or recreational rooms, dancing, fighting, or other-wise, being active and getting rid of that teacher-fat under their arms. Lol.

However, "Project Natal" or whatever, isn't the official name. It's just the code for what they're talking about.

I'll be interested to see in the future, what is to come of all of this.

LemonRising
09-17-2009, 12:35 PM
You guys are looking at this all the wrong way!

Maybe this is the first innovative step into curing the nation's obesity issues! Imagine the average, chunky couch-potato thundering in their living room or recreational rooms, dancing, fighting, or other-wise, being active and getting rid of that teacher-fat under their arms. Lol.

I had that in mind at first, then I was like "mmmnahhhhhh"
They'll still be sittin there with chips and pizza and pop and candy.

THEY'LL ALWAYs HAVE ROLLS.

Still can't compare with me though <:

Charlotte
03-23-2010, 03:36 AM
play station 4 will be better lol

i really really cannot wait for both ps4 and xbox720 lol

i really can't wait PS4. I can't believe how the graphic will be.....

Kink3bird
04-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Xbox.com | Project Natal (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/)

for anyone who's wondering.

I didn't spend $300 American dollars on a black Xbox just to watch it turn into a... well I can't think of any adjectives that wouldn't be censored but the Wii is a novelty item not a gaming machine...

Kenoi
04-07-2010, 09:10 AM
wow, the first time I saw that 'project natal' looks kinda... awkward....
games are meant to be played with a controller, not yourself as the controller....

LemonRising
04-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah I'm pretty... pro controller.

thedeparted
04-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Why is everyone so giddy to move onto to the next gen. I feels like this one has hardly started

Kink3bird
04-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Why is everyone so giddy to move onto to the next gen. I feels like this one has hardly started

4 years, that's high school right there, hasn't just started that's for sure haha

thedeparted
04-07-2010, 11:23 PM
4 years, that's high school right there, hasn't just started that's for sure haha

I know technically it's been on par of average. And it'll likely be the longest gen ever. But my point was it doesn't seem = to past gens, ya know. Like it still feels like we're the infancy and awesome games aren't been churned out lightning quick like past gens :shrugs: Maybe it's just me.

Jjjet1
04-16-2010, 04:39 PM
I still think that the ps3 and 360 graphics are amazing. There is no need to go out send bring out any new consoles yet. Still amazing games are coming out for the 360 and ps3. I wouldn't mind seeing what the ps4 and the xbox (720 i think it is) will look like. The games better not go up another $10 for new ones or i'll never buy them new. The consoles better look really slick and better not cost a leg either. I still think microsoft needs to redo the 360 a bit, but what ever. Microsoft seems to just put something half thought out there and then throw the next one out there a few years later because the last one was a pile o stuff.

Foto166
04-17-2010, 01:06 AM
I could really care less about PS4's and Project Natal....

But here's a fake picture of the "Xbox 720".

http://images.pcworld.com/news/graphics/162265-xbox_next_original.jpg

To me it looks like the "Omnitrix" from the show Ben 10. Anyway.... I'm content with my Xbox 360+PS3.;-)

LemonRising
04-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Thats... creepy.

It looks like a giant eye.
MICROSOFT IS WATCHING YOU.

Jjjet1
04-19-2010, 01:23 PM
that's be stupid. it looks like a gaming device that the disney channel would make up. it appeals to little kids... If it does look like that, I won't buy one. my 360 looks much much better.

Foto166
04-19-2010, 10:36 PM
I know, right? I agree with Lemon, it could be the all-powerful Microsoft Eye.... Hey, Playstation has PS3 Eyes too! :laugh:

Anyway.... Yes, jjjet, that could be something Disney coughed up. Maybe I should send it to them as a marketing idea. O_o

Muffincat
04-20-2010, 01:41 AM
I dunno... it reminds me of GLADOS. o.o

Foto166
04-20-2010, 10:51 AM
I dunno... it reminds me of GLADOS. o.o

What's GLADOS? Isn't that from Portal or something?

Muffincat
04-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Yes, from Portal.

http://www.elistmania.com/images/articles/133/Original/GlaDos_Portal.jpg

Foto166
04-22-2010, 12:03 AM
GLADOS freaked me out the first time I played Portal, but I actually played Portal: Still Alive for the Xbox 360. Still, they have a family resemblance! :laugh: