PDA

View Full Version : PC - Primary Console?

LiNuX
05-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Recently I have noticed that my PC has become my primary console for gaming. Anyone else like that? I bought a PSP about a month or two ago and I havent played it in a month lol. On PC i ocassionally play CS with friends to let of some steam (pressure in body not the program to launch cs lol) and thats it.

I havent played my PS2 in at least a year now lol. My PS1 havent played since i got my PS2 like 6 yrs ago. Sega havent played since i got PS1 like 8 yrs ago lol. GameBoy - I dont know what happened with this.

So how many other people's primary console is the PC?

souljaa
05-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Yeah, same here, I don't have my Xbox either atm, my bro took it to his place. So basically comp all day, but I don't really even play a lot.

KittyCat72
05-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Well when it comes to gaming it is a primary console, but I use it all the time for other things. I'm just going to keep the gaming part to the Wii, he he.

FattaT
05-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Yea, my primary consol is my computer aswell. I got a Wii about a month ago, but hardly play it.

KittyCat72
05-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Great, more Wii fans. Which games did you get (just curious)? You know what?! After you answer that we'll have to stop talking about it. Wouldn't want to get off topic, he he....

FattaT
05-08-2007, 04:22 PM
All i have so far is just Wii sports and the Zelda game, i think its Twilight Princess.
But I want to get my Wii chipped so i can get more games. What games do u have? (then back on topic)

KittyCat72
05-09-2007, 06:16 PM
I have Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Zelda. The next Zelda coming out for the Wii will be even better. It won't have Gamecube graphics. I can't wait! Ok, now back to topic...

-mihkel-
07-07-2007, 10:39 AM
PC is my main (and only) 'console' too. It just feels wierd when I play games on consoles.... :/

LiNuX
07-07-2007, 10:42 AM
PC is my main (and only) 'console' too. It just feels wierd when I play games on consoles.... :/

feels weird when you play all types or games? or just some? its some for me, like certain rpg, but racing games i love on consoles, same with fighting :)

-mihkel-
07-07-2007, 10:50 AM
feels weird when you play all types or games? or just some? its some for me, like certain rpg, but racing games i love on consoles, same with fighting :)most of them, but I haven't played very many of them, just about 20-25 at my friends' houses

LiNuX
07-07-2007, 10:53 AM
well im balanced with types of games for pc and for other consoles, like fps and shooters, i dont like on consoles, thats why i quit socom so long ago

Blackleo
07-07-2007, 11:10 PM
PC !!! Like PC

Gerrit
07-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Computer.

Simply because it is everything that you need in one devide. Although you sit on a chair instead of a couch infront of a TV, it offers so many different things.
Imagining posting posts here on a PS 3 lol.

lonewolfxix
07-08-2007, 01:40 AM
My pc is used for everything. can't stand being away from it, i play all my games on it, the only time i'll play a console is if i'm over a friend's house who doesn't have a pc capable of playing games or i want to play something with 2 or more people offline which then consoles reign supreme

Blackleo
07-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Yea I think PC is primary it's just there .... lol

diablo
07-09-2007, 09:29 PM
consoles are slowly dying these days thats why they keep bringing out these next gen games lol, only for consoles

lonewolfxix
07-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Some of those "next-gen games" are pretty crappy. Take CoD3 for instance, all the console gamers LOVED it they thought it was amazing, all the PC gamers were like "wow.. i'm a little bit gutted it didn't come out for pc but then again i wouldn't spend my money on it anyway.." PC's are becoming cheaper and easier to build that now there's only a few standards, amd or intel, windows OS because who cares about the minority ones you can't play games, there's few choices, lower prices, and a vast market of companies you can get to build your pc and a vast amount of forums where they can show you how to build, repair and maintain a healthy PC for that one purpose of gaming or other tasks which normal home PC's can't handle.

There are loads of next gen games coming out for PC, may I refer you to Crysis, Bioshock and Enemy Territory Quake Wars? All of those games have amazing graphics, amazing engines and ETQW is total online warfare! There's positively loads of next gen games for PC ;)

and oh, LiNuX, as possible to an extra feature to the forum I could run like a tech-help thing :P

Yash
07-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Mine primary console is PC too :D
Though i own a XBOX 360 i donot play it as much as i sit on the PC :D

lonewolfxix
07-10-2007, 11:00 AM
What I do is have all my consoles and TV's around me, I might want to buy a bigger desk to put my old CRT TV on, then again I have to start selling everything. all my entertainment devices are in one room and almost all of them are in each of my desk =P

Yash
07-10-2007, 11:19 AM
So i think you might me having a room full of console's and PC games and other stuff ??

Lucky guy,i only have one console and a PC :D

lonewolfxix
07-10-2007, 01:47 PM
my pc, a second pc i use for putting random crap i want to test on and never use besides that, a ps2 and my old sega i'm looking at selling.. rofl. haven't really used the PS2 in awhile but I want to get all the Final Fantasy's again since my brother sold all of mine..

Eric
07-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah, my PS2 was my primary console, until it burned out from too much use (trust me, it was on like 24/7). Yeah, now PC is my primary gaming source :)

lonewolfxix
07-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Yeah, PS2 was probably their first piece of low quality hardware i bought and as far as i'm concerned that was the start of their downfall.

Gamoc
07-12-2007, 03:59 PM
a...ha..

I use my PC more than anything else, closely followed by my PS2, then DS, then Gamecube...then my phone. Then my old phone (Ngage QD). Then Gameboy Colour (for Pokemon Yellow).

diablo
07-13-2007, 08:22 PM
i remember the ngage, was great back then, never played pokemon yellow, played red and gold and blue and silver

lonewolfxix
07-14-2007, 03:08 AM
nGage? that was a sin to all gamers, lol, GamePark is probably my favourite handheld, you can play LOADS of games on it, PC... DOS.. GameBoy.. aslong as you had the right amount of buttons anyway ;) I might buy a GP2X when I get the money. =D

Gamoc
07-14-2007, 05:33 AM
nah, NGage was good, mainly because I needed a phone and didn't have a gameboy - so it killed both birds. And there were some very good ngage games, namely; Pathway to Glory, Pathway to Glory 2, Urban Asphalt, Urban Asphalt 2, there are a few newer which I didn't play because I couldn't be bothered getting them that looked good too.

Pathway to Glory games were especially good.