PDA

View Full Version : Review ************ review

sivik.chen
09-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Hello everyone, I'm a member of http://www.************/, an invitation-only website where you answer a daily question to get PTZ, and accumulate those PTZ to get prizes. So far it’s been a month since I joined, and I want to share my experiences with you:

Pros:
- Relatively easy to earn points (simply logging in and answering a question will earn points)
- Good choice of prizes – including Apple products, console/PC games, even an HDTV. I think the most expensive prize is a motorcycle (yes, you read that right – a motorcycle!)
- Intuitive interface
- Excellent support (an email I sent out was answered within 1 hour)
- Protection from points hackers – they recently banned points hackers just before the prize replenishment
- Was supposedly founded by a former vice-president of Amazon.com
- Able to earn double points for a year by inviting 20 people (which is why I’m doing this ^_^)
- Frequent news updates

Cons:
- Prizes are replenished every once in a while
- Once replenished, certain prizes are out of stock very quickly
- Frequent downtime of the site, due to its beta status - it is scheduled to go live in fall ’09
- Once in a while, may not register points gained – don’t panic! They will eventually be added to your account (Happened to me once - they said they were doing database maintenance - eventually my points were credited)

Although I personally have not redeemed any prizes yet, this Youtube testimonial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3deE9FxBEw) seems to be a legit prize proof, with packaging and everything included. Here are 3 more testimonials from 3 different people on, of all things, a cheating forum (lol :rolleyes:):
******* Prizes (from a month ago) - True Cheaters (http://www.truecheaters.com/showthread.php?t=12939)
Z-List T-Shirt!!! From *******! - True Cheaters (http://truecheaters.com/showthread.php?t=10686)
******* is Legit - True Cheaters (http://truecheaters.com/showthread.php?t=10570)

Here's another YouTube testimonial I found, from a guy who posted lots of other videos. It's in High Definition: YouTube - ******* Unboxing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oizj5F0yJMc)

By the way, there's TONS of these on YouTube, just type in "******* unboxing" in the search and you'll find them.

Here's the ******* Facebook page that I just discovered (this is where they post their most current news updates), in case anyone didn't know about it: http://www.facebook.com/pages/*******/80976158596

If anyone wants a membership invitation (and help me get double points status as well :)), please send an email to me at sivik (dot) chen (at) gmail (dot) com with ******* Invite as the subject (so I know it’s not spam ;)). I’ll be able to send out invitations once daily in the afternoons.

Thanks a bunch,
- Sivik Chen

Street_Soldier69
09-18-2009, 09:53 PM
im not using this fake site.

i went to the "contact" tab on that website and it just takes me to a blank page and says "this page doesnt exist".

no legit website, doesnt have a published contact page.

sivik.chen
09-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Like I said, it's in beta, which means it's unfinished as of this point in time. I do believe that I have seen that support page up before, when I first joined. However, if you click on the "Contact Support" link on that page, you will get a link to "support@************", which is their official support e-mail address (I know, I've actually gotten a human response from that e-mail).

Street_Soldier69
09-18-2009, 10:01 PM
ok, tell me how did you get on that website in the first place if its invitation only? (sorry, i dont trust sites)

sivik.chen
09-18-2009, 10:04 PM
I asked someone else for an invitation, a blog I believe.
And I understand your distrust of websites, that's a good thing to have in these days.

No takers? You guys must be really wary o_o.
If it helps, you don't have to give your physical address until you redeem a prize.

Street_Soldier69
09-19-2009, 02:47 PM
have you got any prizes from this site? or have you just saw others testimonials?

sivik.chen
09-19-2009, 02:59 PM
No, I haven't gotten (or ordered) any prizes, but there are a lot of testimonials floating around on the web :)

Street_Soldier69
09-19-2009, 03:06 PM
yep, im not trying that, there ALOT and i mean ALOT of sites that have alot of testimonials on the web and are complete scams, thoughs are "fake" pictures.

sivik.chen
09-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Well, my way of thinking about it is "Hey, I'm not losing much time on this site...I'll give it a shot"...I've had experience with survey sites that do suck up much of your time, and end up being scams.

Street_Soldier69
09-19-2009, 03:13 PM
give me your own testimonial, and ill join, but if a real live person that doesnt work for the company or watever, doesnt show me a testimonial im not doing it.

sivik.chen
09-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Here are three testimonials with pics from three different people on, of all things, a cheating forum (lol ::)):

******* Prizes (from a month ago) - True Cheaters (http://www.truecheaters.com/showthread.php?t=12939)
Z-List T-Shirt!!! From *******! - True Cheaters (http://truecheaters.com/showthread.php?t=10686)
******* is Legit - True Cheaters (http://truecheaters.com/showthread.php?t=10570)

Street_Soldier69
09-19-2009, 04:10 PM
still.... i wanna see your prizes...

not others....

sivik.chen
09-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Sorry, I don't have any myself :(. I'm saving up for an iPod Touch or something along those lines.

Street_Soldier69
09-19-2009, 04:32 PM
ok, so ill wait then.

cause i dont like wasting time for nothing.

sivik.chen
09-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Suit yourself :p I already have one taker! Yippee! :)

Street_Soldier69
09-20-2009, 06:38 PM
idc, i dont need stupid prizes, when i can just go buy them.

xmtxm
09-20-2009, 08:29 PM
These sites are fishy. You never know if they are a scam or not...

sivik.chen
09-20-2009, 08:31 PM
I did post some testimonials that others put up which seem legitimate to me. You can decide yourself whether they're legit or not.

LiNuX
09-20-2009, 08:33 PM
most testimonials like this are made up any way - not saying anything about you, you clearly don't have anything to do with the site's administration but as others said, 99% of these sites are just out for self profit - once they have the traffic and ads, they pull out or never pay you - that's why we would feel a LOT better if you would give us a testimonial of your own once you've been paid rather than point to a third party site.

Street_Soldier69
09-20-2009, 08:35 PM
see it like this, i can spend a mouth working on stupid surveys (that sometimes dont even pay) for a umm... XM radio... or i could fine a job and work for 1 week and buy 3 XM radios, or watever.

theres only 3 sites that I HAVE got rewards from..

Rewards1
gaminglagoon
neobux

sivik.chen
09-20-2009, 09:09 PM
see it like this, i can spend a mouth working on stupid surveys (that sometimes dont even pay) for a umm... XM radio... or i could fine a job and work for 1 week and buy 3 XM radios, or watever.

theres only 3 sites that I HAVE got rewards from..

Rewards1
gaminglagoon
neobux

This is not a survey site like Rewards1 and GamingLagoon (both of which I am a veteran of). With *******, you can log in for 2 minutes a day and type in a random response every time if you wanted to. What I meant by "answering a question" is like this:

Their Question for 9/20: What can I buy with PTZ?
My Answer: An iPod Touch

Which I don't think qualifies as "working" at all :confused:
Sorry, I just felt I needed to clear up any confusion. ::)

However, I'm rather surprised that people would trust a testimonial from one source (however trustworthy he seems) over multiple testimonials from many sources. Anyone can falsify their identity (and copy+paste pictures) on the Internet, and I've always considered many different testimonials (or reviews...heh heh) from many different locations to be the hallmark of a legitimate website. Would you guys be more comfortable if I found a testimonial from, perhaps, a reputable, longtime poster on a different site? I don't have any personal testimonials to offer to you at the moment, and I certainly don't feel like falsifying one. :p

Street_Soldier69
09-20-2009, 09:17 PM
you see alot of scam even have their on commercial like BigSpot.com that site is a scam cause you just answer question and it never shows how many points you have or any money, it doesn't matter how LEGIT the website seems it could still be a fraud.

sivik.chen
09-20-2009, 10:12 PM
The point I was making in my previous post was that the time you spend is negligible. If you wanted to test their legitimacy, for example, you could sign up, play the one time only game where you catch points the first time you log in, and quite possibly earn 35 points in about a minute. You could then go ahead and redeem the cheapest prize, an ipod touch skin (which no one seems to want), which costs 35 points. Not bad for I dunno, the five minutes it takes to sign up, eh?

BTW, ******* does show your current point balance in the bottom left corner of the screen at all times, as well as the points required to redeem all the prizes.

sivik.chen
09-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Well, an update for today: I've sent out 3 invitations, 17 left to go...A slow but steady stream I guess.
Any reason why some of you guys aren't interested? I think the many testimonials on youtube show the site to be legitimate. :confused:
I've even looked at some of their profiles, and they started putting up videos long before ******* even started up.

xsjado
09-24-2009, 07:44 PM
sivik, they have already told you why they arent interested, they want you to show up when you get one of the prizes, its not that they are having a go at you, and i agree with them, i for one would sign up as soon as you showed proof of getting a prize, its just too easy to fake getting something or faking a review on the site, i might now know you but im more likely to sign up when you say i just received my prize ect. as we are members on the same website, just come back when you have gotten a prize here and let us know mate :)

sivik.chen
09-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Ok guys, just wanted to let you know I have a t-shirt coming in, will post with pics when it arrives (within 2 weeks)! ;D

Also added the ******* facebook page in case anyone didn't know about it.

-Sivik Chen

mphilip876
10-14-2009, 06:51 AM
I wonder if people are paying10$ for skins of the character like this..
Its completely their stupidity i should say...
Infact there are many online sites which offer free theme/skin..Then why people are wasting money on ebay??
Its really strange...

I CAN'T READ RULES