PDA

View Full Version : Diablo II Expantion pack

MsMyMind
09-25-2009, 09:23 AM
:eek1:Has anyone here played Diablo Two? Perhaps on Battle Net, I love these games and I have been trying to get back on for ever now, but my computer crashed. I can't get it back up. I have to resort to playing Runescape at the local library, and that is fun and all, but in comparison to Diablo it is like comparing a junker to a new Mercedies just can't do it...lol
Any tips on other MMORPG games that are non downloadable, and do NOT cause viruses?:eek1:

LemonRising
09-25-2009, 10:37 AM
I've played diablo II, not much, but I go on every now and then. (:
My boyfriend plays the **** out of it. We both agree that it's one of the best rpgs out there.

As for mmorpgs that don't require a download? I'm trying to jog my memory but there aren't any answers coming up.

Here are some links though, haven't played any but runescape (what rpg lover HASN'T played runescape before?)
Best Free Browser Based MMORPG (http://www.freebrowsergamer.com/2008/12/best-browser-based-mmorpg.html)

Browser Games - MMORPG Top List (http://browsermmorpg.com/)

MsMyMind
09-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Hey thanks! You are great. I will hop onto runescape here in a while

LemonRising
10-02-2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks maaaaaan

You're pretty cool too

MsMyMind
10-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Haha! I am a girl, not a man.. lolol... There is nothing like just sitting here playing runescaape and eating doritos and drinking pepsi...this is the life.. LOL

LemonRising
10-02-2009, 09:04 AM
I KNOW THIS.

I just use a lot of what they call 'gender irrelevant slang'
It's what all the hip kids are doing these days.

REMEMBER TO HAVE A SALAD FOR DINNER.
We need to beat the "fat gamer chick" stereotypes.

I KEEP BUFF BY EATING THIRTY CAKES.
THEN PLAYING DIABLOOO.

MsMyMind
10-23-2009, 09:17 AM
Hey, I am buff! I think so anyway, I can over power most of the dudes at my school XD...I can eat anything and not gain weight...lol

NitZ83
10-23-2009, 03:33 PM
What is the secret?? I just look over a doritos commercial and gain 1 pound!! (joke)

MsMyMind
10-29-2009, 08:44 AM
eat in balance. exersize, you know all the things your doctor tell you

Aizen
10-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Im in the process of losing weight :P An hour run everyday and such. But until I stop gaining muscle, I wont lose any weight (fat but not weight). Im not obese or anything, just want to get into shape :P

Diablo is the best damn RPG out there. Look up Earth Eternal when you get the chance. Its kinda cool. Browser based.

MsMyMind
10-30-2009, 10:49 AM
I did a fan Flick some things are different but oh well still damn cool, and yes I know you don't see Baal till MUCH later but I dont care, i just wrote this for a class lol tell me what you think
SISTERHOOD OF THE SIGHTLESS EYE
We are the Sisterhood Of The Sightless Eye, a collection of renegade warriors who swear to our own knight hood, joining one of the six Grades Of Caliber, they are First the Sorceresses, the Masters of Magik and the Holders of Time, Next are the Necromancers, Raisers of the Dead, and the Earth, Furthermore are the Druids and their Mastery over the Animals and Shape Shifting, Following them are the Agile Assassins who's strike in the night can take down any beast, After those The Rouges, the Wielder of the Bow, or Spear, And last, are the Barbarians, the Fighters, the Club holders. In our class system, we are drawn into our caste at birth, not by what our parents are, but by what the Sightless Eye chooses. Our Queen, Sera Armrada , Who is the Profit of the Sisters of the Sightless Eye, is the only one who can see the future, see what one is to become, for she holds the ancient blood line that trails down from the First Sister, Allora Brynth, the Sister, who IS the Sightless Eye.
My story is a hard one to tell, it takes me back years into my past, when I was still a fledgling, learning my powers, and what I truly was. When I was twelve, a woman came running into my room one night, and took me from my bed, we ran outside, past the gate and into the wilderness, I look up into the face of our queen, cloaked in a dark hood. I saw a look in her eye, that I had never seen, not fear, but a fiendish blood lust, and I realized, she had been corrupt by The Dark One, Baal. I began to weep in fear and sorrow as we approached an abandoned castle, one that I had known as the Forsaken Fortress. In the belly of this hell hole, lays the King Of Darkness, and she meant to sacrifice me to this beast.
I had been trained well, I had more than one talent, in more than one class, which was more than unheard of, Queen Sera had believed she was mistaken when she first saw my future, for she was the only other one in our kingdom who had been in two classes, which meant, that She will be my predecessor, and I will be the new profit. I had no idea what was to come but I knew I had power, far more than any demon, therefore, it was my quest, at twelve years old, to defeat Baal, King Of Darkness, But first, I had to defeat the woman who trained me, Queen Sera.
I broke free from her grasp, and ran until I found a room, it was filled with armor and weapons, for this castle used to be one of our own, I grabbed my armor, and a two handed staff. I summoned wind and fire, the two elements usually associated with the staff, and put up a wall of flames over the door, Queen Sera, who had began to morph, into a hideous monster, one with scales, and bright red eyes, thrust her arms into the flames, trying to claw her way through. I realized not only had I kept her out, but I had sealed myself in. I break open several barrels that are scattered about the room, and find a rejuvenation potion, and sip some of it, to replenish life and power. I was searching for another door, when suddenly I hear a rumbling, and I turn to see that there are two giant beasts behind me, they came out of a trap door that I had failed to see. I raise my staff and my hair whips around me, and I shoot an inferno of twisting lava and flames from my fingertips scalding the screaming demons. They look at me, and then I realize they are not screaming, they are laughing. They look down at me, and in a dialect I barely understood, "Fire? We are Born of this?!" and they continue laughing. I raise my hands again, this time drawing air, and water, and breath in a deep breath, then out, and with my breath a storm of ice and wind pick the beasts up and slam them into the wall, where they fall to the ground and perish. I rummage through the corpses, to find they have a rejuvenation potion.

I continue down the trap door down stairs, when suddenly I realize the air is getting arid, and painfully hot, so I have the wind pick up, and blow an icy breeze around me, as well as a protective shield. I focus on the ring on my hand, and it casts a ring of poisonous quills around me to shoot at any beast that approaches. I step out into a cavern, larger than our castle, and I look around to see this is a torture chamber, for our sisters, I almost crumble to my knees, as I view our sisters, disemboweled on tables, or hung to burn on stakes. I feel weak, but I know this sight must make me strong, so I may defeat Baal, and take his head back to our town, so I may take place as Queen, in a safe kingdom.
I walk through a large door, with shards of stained glass and demonic language scratched into it. I open the door, and feel stinging on my face, and I hear thunderous laughter, from in front of me, as the door slams shut. " I had you kidnapped, you escaped, just to come right back to my chamber!" another roar of laughter chases the cruel jest as I realize I am trapped, with the King Of Darkness, either I kill him, or he kills me.
I thrust myself into the air, the wind carrying me up higher, looking around, suddenly I am knocked from the sky by burning rock I fall from the height of the cavern toward the ground below, I search the room, and my eyes fall upon a throne made of bones, and fountains of blood on either side.
“You will never escape!” Rumbles a voice from Baal, the king of darkness I run building up ice in my finger tips, I thrust them forward and lunge, my claws of ice breaking in his chest, as he throws me from him, he screams in pain as I crash into the wall. I run and hide behind a large rock, and he has lost sight of me Next to me is a corpse of one of our sisters with it lie, a spear of good quality. I snatch it, and climb atop the rock, the King sniffs the air. I leap from the rock and with a downward thrust, as well as an icy blast, the spear head crushes into his back, leaving a gaping hole, and he bursts into flames and screams, and is sucked into the Soul Stone that fell from his forehead, where he will be kept for eternity.
I climb back up the stairs, to find my Queen laying on the ground, I stir her, and when she awakes she hugs me, and prays for forgiveness, and I do, because she had been possessed. We go home and tell the town of our adventure, and how we are now safe.

FIN

koo
10-31-2009, 12:37 PM
get d2pk3 its a pvp diablo2 mod. Online and u get all the GG items and duel pretty fun. d2pk3.com

dume200
11-01-2009, 08:52 AM
How is diablo? To what game can you link it?

MsMyMind
11-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Diablo is a hundred times better than Runescape and ..hmm...well...darn it...It is all its own.... It is wonderful!

LemonRising
11-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Diablo is all about strategy and building your character.
It's fun and there are so many ways to build your character, not to mention there are seven classes to begin with.
Lots of cool unique quests, nice cinematics.
Good all around game.

What can I link it too...
uhhhhhh
Mindblank Iamuseless. Sorry.

jango
11-24-2009, 12:54 PM
I loved D2 .. but I just can't bring myself to replay it thesed days for two reasons:

1. It doesn't look as good as something like Titan Quest, which frustrates me
2. It makes me get way too moist about D3

:eek1:

Kenoi
11-24-2009, 01:49 PM
I've played diablo 2 for like a month, and then my computer crashed on me when I started playing again. Anyway, I also played runescape for a bit... then I got stuck in the tutorial level for 2 months then gave up... the online community wasn't as friendly back then..

jango
11-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Wow .. runescape .. now there's a game I've not played in ages, used to rly enjoy it. I know what you mean about the coumminities at times, not sure why people get like that.

Now, I must go and dig out runescape and take a sip of nostalgia .. if I can drag myself away from Dragon Age for more than 5 minutes hehe

MsMyMind
11-24-2009, 03:17 PM
the tutorial took me all of 20 minutes XD haaha

Kenoi
11-24-2009, 03:54 PM
see? All of you got those skills. haha.

and Jango, people like to be bullies on the net sometimes, just because they're anonymous means that they can rule all... its not right, yet stupid. So yeah, I had a hard time with the tutorial thing in that browser MMO. And Dragon Age? Is that game new? On PC?

jango
11-24-2009, 10:42 PM
and Jango, people like to be bullies on the net sometimes, just because they're anonymous means that they can rule all... its not right, yet stupid. So yeah, I had a hard time with the tutorial thing in that browser MMO. And Dragon Age? Is that game new? On PC?

Aye, I agree .. bullies or total ass-monkeys are best avoided as often as possible hehe. As for Dragon Age - well, it's fairly new mate for the PC .. I meant Dragon Age Origins ofc. If you haven't tried it and liked NWN 1 or 2, Baldur's Gate and all that stuff, then it's simply as must have. Really cool game.

Kenoi
11-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Oh so its like an RPG?

jango
11-25-2009, 01:13 PM
aye, here's the official site, see what you think .. Dragon Age Origins (http://dragonage.bioware.com/)

Kenoi
11-25-2009, 05:39 PM
wow, I like it, its pretty interesting. I wish I could play it.. the only thing holding me back is the graphics.... this computer cant play a game like that because I got stock graphics... one of the old GeForce2 Nvidia graphics cards.... (sigh). And I dont have any of the new consoles. So yeah, quite sad.

jango
11-25-2009, 05:44 PM
That sucks .. then again I'm able to run it on a pc slightly below recommended specs without any issues, so you never know. From what I've seen you can run it with a below par processor anyways (mine is only 1.88, recommended is 2.4 iirc), and so long as you have 2gb+ ram and a gfx card of 512 or above then you should be ok. That's what I have at least on my basic pc, and it runs just fine.

Kenoi
11-25-2009, 10:01 PM
OH wow you got a good point there. I should try it out then. Question, is online play free? Or a monthly fee?

jango
11-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Right now it's like nwn1 was back in the day .. i.e. strictly single player, although it wouldn't surprise me if that changed one day to something like co-op. The only additional things to pay for are the DLCs which are totally optional and don't affect your enjoyment of the main game - in fact you can get some special items and DLCs free when you buy the game, so shop around.

Kenoi
11-27-2009, 12:48 PM
alright that's good advice, thanks Jango

cr4ftm4ch1ne
03-02-2010, 05:01 AM
That game rocks! I hate the feeling there won't be necromancers in the 3rd one;(

3AM00R
03-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Im buying that if anyone selling please tell me
or send me a private message

BobTD
03-11-2010, 03:35 PM
That game rocks! I hate the feeling there won't be necromancers in the 3rd one;(

There will be, in the form of the witch doctor:

"As if these assaults were not enough, the witch doctor also had at his command the ability to summon undead creatures from the netherworld to rend the flesh from his enemy's body."

Voodoo in other cultures isn't that far from the iconic necromancer to start with.

On the topic of DiabloIII, it seems to me that they went for a very guild wars style. Probably in an effort to keep it able to run on the majority of computers while having the same intense visual effects guild wars could pull off for skills.

I wonder if Guild Wars2 and Diablo3 will launch at the same time and who would come out on top if they did.

LemonRising
03-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Not too impressed with the classes so far ):
Hopefully the last one revealed will be awesome.

BobTD
03-18-2010, 09:18 PM
you just know they will release a few more classes later on down the road as well. Its their style.

LemonRising
03-19-2010, 04:07 PM
Indeed it is.
They love to lead us on ) :