PDA

View Full Version : My xbox is doing something strange

MissLEGENDARY
10-10-2009, 10:43 AM
It seems to be having trouble reading discs. When I put in any game it says open tray...I have to open and close it like 15 times before it will finally read the game. Other than that the console works fine...as far as everything on xbl. Anyone know what I can do to fix this or would it be better to just go get a new one?

Aizen
10-10-2009, 11:56 AM
SOULUTION : Buy a PS3 ;D

On to the real answer. Send it in to Microsoft. They should fix that for you. Or, you can go get a new drive. Or, if you want to pay the new 300, just get a new one all together. It might be better then the one you already have.

Street_Soldier69
10-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Is it not reading the disc at all??

Cause my PS3 has the same problem, when i put the disc in it just sits there and loads but it never will start the game.

If that is what your xbox is doing than your "eye lens" that reads the disc is broke and/or fried. Thats exactly what my PS3 did.

The only way to fix it is to either buy a new 360 or buy a new lens and install it yourself which is hard.

Hope this helped, btw this is a common problem with the xbox and PS3

LiNuX
10-10-2009, 01:29 PM
contact microsoft first and see what they say - the laser or some other part of the drive could be damaged or have become defective

I'm no expert of the box, so you should consult with someone with exp.

Ubernerd
10-11-2009, 10:05 AM
My friend's Xbox has the same problem. It can take him 10 minutes to start up a game.

It's not a debilitating error though, more of a nuisance. Like the other said, call up Microsoft and see what they say. They might be able to fix it but it'll cost you unless you're still under warranty.

luis7k9
10-11-2009, 11:54 AM
I had the same problem. I send it to microsoft without a guarantee and they search for me as a customer and in less than a week I had a new xbox in front of my door =P