PDA

View Full Version : no one cares that u hav to pay for xbox live!

xbox36ter
10-11-2009, 12:22 PM
ughhhhh....... i hate when ps3 fans say the xbox live section is'nt worth it because u hav 2 pay.... yeah right and my name is God......... and then they say the player to player interaction is better....... i was just on my friends ps3 yesterday and he was playing online and from wat i could see it was absolute crap! the xbox can talk to 6 other players while ur playing say halo in ps3 you can onby join together in a little room, if i was playing i would hate to be dragged away out of it to talk to ur friends u c every day

EpsilonX
10-11-2009, 12:25 PM
well for those of us that don't like online enough to pay for it, PSN is way better. I would never go online on a 360 if i had one. I hardly ever use online so why would i pay for it? but when i do, if i'm on ps3 it's there waiting for me.

xbox36ter
10-11-2009, 12:27 PM
yeah if u dont use online that much then this rant is'nt much to u

GF Eric
10-11-2009, 01:35 PM
I keep getting told to switch over to PS3 its free online and better games. I say Bull Crap!!!! First off 360 offers way way more then PSN. Secondly 360 has way better graphics and for the most part games. If you take a look at Lost Planet on the 360 and compare it to the PS3, graphics are way better. Same goes for GRAW2 on the 360 and the PS3. 360 owns the graphics and online aspect of the next gen consoles. Sure PS3 has its perks but its just a bigger version of a PSP if you look at it. Epic fail in my book lol. Hands down for me, 360 online is WAY better then PS3 online. But then again that is my opinion. So don't bash me about my choice but go ahead and try to prove to me that a PS3 is better then 360 online. I am always willing to pay cause i do for the most part get more bang for my buck.

Aizen
10-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Secondly 360 has way better graphics

Im sorry, I must be delusional. Did I just read that right? :D

The PS3 uses Blue Ray DVD's for their games, the Xbox 360 does not. Thus, you cant get the same color out of it.

The games argument is just opinion. Id rather play Killzone 2 then Halo 3 anyday.

The PSN and the Marketplace both have the same options. Buy and download games, map packs and other things. Both of them have points you have to buy to buy things (Ridiculous by the way, I just want to use my dang money :D).

Here is one thing that trumps the marketplace in all ways. The PS3 allows you to give your purchased downloads to 4 other people, for free..... Now, Id like to see Microsoft do that.... Oh wait, they cant, they are to money hungry :P

I dunno, Im very biased towards the PS3. I had an Xbox 360 and when I switched, I had more money in my pocket, and I had a blast playing with my friends online.

EpsilonX
10-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Im sorry, I must be delusional. Did I just read that right? :D

The PS3 uses Blue Ray DVD's for their games, the Xbox 360 does not. Thus, you cant get the same color out of it.

blu ray discs are only better than dvd in the fact that they can hold MUCH more data...360 uses dvd-9 discs which holds 9 GB. Blu ray dual layer holds 50. The only difference between HD and SD is the fact that the video is less compressed, and there are more pixels, which allows for a much more clean picture and increased detail. if you watch a blu ray on a regular tv, the difference between it and dvd is almost nothing.

also, it's blu ray. not blue ray.

The PSN and the Marketplace both have the same options. Buy and download games, map packs and other things. Both of them have points you have to buy to buy things

have you used PSN before? you use actual money. Unless they changed that in the most recent update.

now that i'm done ripping apart that post...onto the actual topic.

sure xbox live may be better, but PSN is no slouch. That extra money you spend on live, i spend on more games, since I prefer single player games. So I guess it balances out.

Secondly 360 has way better graphics and for the most part games. If you take a look at Lost Planet on the 360 and compare it to the PS3, graphics are way better. Same goes for GRAW2 on the 360 and the PS3

Way to choose the most extreme examples. they did an extremely rushed job on lost planet for the PS3. Most of the time they design the game with the easier system to code for (360) in mind, and simply slap it onto the other system. So of course PS3 ports are gonna be worse. Play the Lost Planet 2 demo, it looks fantastic. Both systems are about equal in graphics.

RaiDae
10-12-2009, 04:38 PM
In my opinion and experience, the graphics on the ps3 are, in general, better than those of the x-box. BUT that has nothing to do with the debate on which has the better online system.
I find it very easy to navigate the online system on the ps3 (aka, the web browser, the downlad page, BBC i-player etc). I haven't used much of the x-box's online features but I've seen them in use and they appear a bit un-necessarily complicated.
I don't play games online, or for that matter, buy games through the system so no comment there.

It doesn't matter if people say that one's crap and the other is God's invention, because it's all down to personal choice. Each to their own, Whatever floats your boat - I have my preference. You have your preference.
It's okay when people state their opinions, but when you have fanatics pressuring you into switching consoles or telling you that you've wasted your money and all that BS, that's the point where physical violence is acceptable. Most people here don't do that which is good.

Aizen
10-12-2009, 05:31 PM
The point where physical violence is acceptable? Imma stay away from you from now on haha.

I don't really care either way, I'll use both. But I really don't want to pay for online so I'll stick with ps3 for that.

Iceskater101
10-12-2009, 06:14 PM
I love my 360
I love the games
Gears of War
the halo series
bioshock
Orange box
Army of two
etc
now i know some of these are on the ps3 as well
but i also love xbox live
its great, I can talk to six people in a party while I am playing the game without interuptions from the other people who are in the lobby
I feel like I got a lot for my money when I bought a 360