PDA

View Full Version : Review Battlefield 1943

Aizen
10-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Battlefield 1943 :

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/resources/images/983834/?type=display

Remember back in the old days, when the Battlefield series was one of the only good FPS games we had besides Quake? Well, Battlefield 1942 is back, but this time it is know as Battlefield 1943 and with it comes a whole new world in the Battlefield series, but with the same feel. While 1943 comes to us on two new platforms it still plays like a Battlefield game, just like you were playing it a long time ago.

There isn't much to 1943 yet, but they have done a very good job of making that little amount a lot. The number of players playing 1943 has grown tremendously. Three maps can be played and havoc can be reeked all over. Utilizing planes, tanks, jeeps, and even air strikes to cause the most damage possible. None of the weapons seem to overpowered, but one problem we did run into was the fact that sniping is very hard. It takes multiple shots to bring someone down which can get very annoying, but one well placed head shot does the job.

Using an air strike would have to be one of the best ways to put a dent in the enemies reinforcements. Three bombers pack a lot of explosive power, and if used right could push the odds to another team. Don't expect to get an air strike whenever you want. Along with the cool down attached to it, many of the plays live to find the control center and use the air strike every time it is available. The best strategy if you only wanted to use air strike would be to camp the entrance. Be warned, once you are in there you cant get out tell you have used the air strike, this could be a problem because enemies can sit outside the door and wait for you to come out and kill you.

Airplanes come back into play in 1943. Once again it takes a special person to be able to fly those planes, I am not one of them. The controls are not inverted, this means that up is up and down is down. This can be changed through an option in the controls menu. Once you get your bearings it can be very fun to shoot down other planes and dive bomb enemies while they are trying to capture a point. With the new map that was brought out for reaching 42 million across console kills, flying is put into a whole new light. The hardcore flyer's can have a lot more fun flying airplanes since the entire map is all in the air. This could also be fun for the learners, but it is sometimes very hard to stay alive long enough. One tip of advice, don't fly in third person, always fly in first person. It makes shooting down other planes a lot easier in the long run.

Since this is only a multiplayer game, there is no campaign, but you cant really expect that from a $15 Playstation Network and Xbox Marketplace game. Just because this game is only $15 doesn't mean it isn't any good. It has surprised us in every way and has really brought the Battlefield series into the light for people that have never really played it before.

This game is recommended to anyone who enjoys FPS games, this includes the casual gamer and the hardcore gamer. If you want to have the old feeling back while you are playing a new game, Battlefield 1943 is the best game to do it with.

Street_Soldier69
10-11-2009, 03:07 PM
I love this game.

Btw you win the 2,000

Aizen
10-11-2009, 03:09 PM
This game is amazing :D

Thanks man, hope your feeling better.

LiNuX
10-11-2009, 10:20 PM
good review - would be nice to get some ratings in there to show how you would rate the game in different categories

the last battlefield game I played was BF2 - I've yet to try out any of the others and it seems like I'm missing out

Aizen
10-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Ii was just thinking about the rating thing while I read your post. I had them in there at one point, but now I cant remember why I took them out. I will update them as soon as I get home. Im waiting for my bread to rise for a cooking project.

Shixx
10-13-2009, 11:54 AM
I played the Demo on my 360. But I'll be waiting for it to come out on the PC before I get it.

PC version they raise the amount of people in each game, Increase the graphics and the maps and DLC's will come with it for free. Only bad thing is it comes out in February of 2010.

Edaps
10-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah, and I hope to dear god they get rid of unlimited ammo, I mean that was one of the great things about bf series is the scramble to find another pack so that you can continue the mayhem. That and the fact that Coral Sea is only flying... I miss hiding on mountian tops and shooting planes with a bazooka. Not to mention you cant sink ships either. But I hear the PC version is going to be a whole lot better. Have about 20 ppl so far who want to group up for play.