PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed 2

Zeroh
11-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Ok ive been playin this game for a few weeks now...
i like it, but i dont really understand the story...completley.
i understand etsios story, but the other story i dont get...at all

iVE NEVER PLAYED THE FIRST ONE..MAYBE THATS WHY, BUT I USUALLY CATCH ON REALLY QUICKLY.

THE GAME IS FINE, JUST...man
im so confused.. :mad1:

Shixx
11-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Play the first one. or Read the Wiki.
Otherwise you will continue to be confused.

jango
11-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah it helps to have some experience of the first game to help frame the second one. Having said that I've not played a great deal of the 2nd one - what's it like?

Zeroh
11-25-2009, 12:53 PM
well the game is great, very "realistic" and
does not glitch alot..

its pretty intense..
the strory line and cut scenes just draw u in.
gameplay is great.

but the ending sucks..i beat it yesterday, and i was just...very dissapointed

hidekipooj
11-25-2009, 02:29 PM
but the ending sucks..i beat it yesterday, and i was just...very dissapointed

welcome to the crowd. That's how everyone felt with the first one. They plan on a trilogy to wrap everything up. Go read the wiki on the first one. Skip the game itself though....it's waaaay~~~~~ too repetitive.

HamadaLFC8
11-25-2009, 03:08 PM
Yeah the first one great god! I never finished it and you know why? I GOT BOOOOOREEEDDD!!! Everytime it was just the same thing over and over again -.-

hidekipooj
11-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Yeah the first one great god! I never finished it and you know why? I GOT BOOOOOREEEDDD!!! Everytime it was just the same thing over and over again -.-

enter town, save citizen, climb eagle spot, save citizen, climb eagle spot, get info, kill target

ride horse to next town

save citizen, climb eagle spot, climb eagle spot, save citizen, climb eagle spot, get info, kill target

move to next town....and repeat.

STORY is amazing....gameplay made me rage-quit

ShadowMantis
11-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Ok play AC 1 and AC2 makes sense...well its a different time so playing the first part isnt really needed.

Oh and the whole repetitive thing.. GET OVER IT! Almost evert freakin game is repetitive!

For example Gears of War.

Kill locusts and travel underground and etc.

Zeroh
11-25-2009, 10:04 PM
welcome to the crowd. That's how everyone felt with the first one. They plan on a trilogy to wrap everything up. Go read the wiki on the first one. Skip the game itself though....it's waaaay~~~~~ too repetitive.

Gud thing i ddnt buy or paly the first one...
whats the "wiki btw?

o.0

PureAussieGamer
11-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Ok play AC 1 and AC2 makes sense...well its a different time so playing the first part isnt really needed.

Oh and the whole repetitive thing.. GET OVER IT! Almost evert freakin game is repetitive!

For example Gears of War.

Kill locusts and travel underground and etc.

i disagree. So many of the games i have may be repetitive but u dont relise it. Where as assassins creed 1 you could tell which took its overall rating down.

Assassins creed 2 on the other hand is still a tad repetitive but its no where near enough to make you stop playing.

And the guy who made this thread said there isnt many glitches. Well you probably havent played it enough because ive found a heap of them in the last few days after re doing the story.

Like i got stuck in a wall and in a row boat. Plus a few more. All very noticeable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W80WbQSggY

My review.

Cleril
11-26-2009, 08:07 PM
It's one of those games where you do need to be somewhat familiar with the previous game to understand any of it.

hidekipooj
11-29-2009, 12:51 AM

It's all about balance. You're right. Every game is repetitive, but if the game developers balance out the story with the gameplay evenly, then it won't be a problem. AC1 is a horrible example.....uncharted 2....perfect.

suesam21
12-02-2009, 01:06 AM
I still didn't got my hands on the game. how is it ? worth to pick up ?

jango
12-03-2009, 11:16 AM
from what I know Zero Punctuation pretty much summed it up .. linky (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1148-Assassins-Creed-2)

Frank-the-Rabbit
12-24-2009, 05:00 AM
This game is in my top 5 of 2009.

They really fixed the major issues with the first game and added some great new ideas in this one. I really liked the story of the first game and this one picks up very well. That being said, make sure you at least read up on the story from the first if you didn't complete it. They kind of made this one more like a GTA as far as you have a main story ark that is required and then added a bunch of side missions if you are interested. This game is long I skipped most side missions and it took me just over 20 hours to complete the main story. The combat system is leaps and bounds better then in the first game and you have a good amount of options as you work your way across Italy. The setting is just breathtaking and one of the best parts to me was the option to read little history lessons along the way about the buildings and time period. The addition of the glyph puzzles was very entertaining to me and even creepy at times. I liked the ending because it makes me very excited for what they have up their sleeves for the 3rd part of the stoy.

There were only a couple of things I didn't like. The money system works well at the begining but as you progress it becomes pointless since you have more money then you could ever spend. There are a couple of points where the camera angle gets off and it can make it hard to complete the timed tomb runs.

Overall I highly recommend this game.

Raoul
11-10-2010, 04:00 AM
The only thing that I always do in this game is kill the people and collect things. I must still actually like find the story in this game, but the graphics looks very good.