PDA

View Full Version : quick question

jango
11-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Is this TS service still up? And also, do people tend to go on there for a specific game, or just to hang out?

p.s. sry if this is the wrong place to ask this!

LiNuX
11-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Server is still up the last time I checked and people can go in for anything - you're free to bring your friends and just hang out or use it for gaming needs. It's not used as much as it used to be.

jango
11-24-2009, 11:37 PM
OK, thanks for the reply. I was actually hoping to get to know some of the people here on TS, and not just on the forums :)

Thanks again.

RaiDae
11-26-2009, 04:52 PM
I downloaded that thing... and it was always abandoned so i kinda forgot about it... we should organise a ts par-tay... if that'd work

LiNuX
11-26-2009, 06:12 PM
generally people arrange to meet on TS. The only times I've used it was to speak in game with friends. I never really "hang out" in there for no reason. But I have seen some others do.

And activity to the server dropped after the last IP change a few months ago.

LemonRising
11-26-2009, 07:19 PM
I would join but I'd need a mic that doesn't sound like satan. ) :

LiNuX
11-26-2009, 07:44 PM
I recently got a new mic (well it's my old logitech) - my new logitech starting to sound like I had demons trying to talk to you while I'm talking to you - like someone was blowing into the mic. But I hadn't noticed until someone told me cuz I can't hear myself in TS or in game (I have voice loopback turned off)

LemonRising
11-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Mine makes noise even when I'm not. So everyone who's heard it just says that satan is living in my laptop. Apparently sometimes you hear it more than other times, and sometimes you can just barely hear me over it, or not at all. lol
I really should just bring it in because I have a warranty for my laptop, but I'm good for another two years so I don't have to rush anyways.

microphones: a demons passageway?

LiNuX
11-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Actually mine makes the noise when I'm not talking either but I have all my stuff set up so that I have to click a button for the mic to activate. I don't like people hearing me when I don't want them to.

And it might as well be a demon's passageway. You should offer your soul one day and see if you hear happy laughter.

jango
11-27-2009, 10:17 AM
lol, ok, now I'm scared to even try it :P

LiNuX
11-27-2009, 10:34 AM
We weren't talking about teamspeak in general - you should be fine :)

jango
11-27-2009, 10:37 AM
hehe

I might pop on there later tonight to see if anyone's around .. if any of you DO sound like Satan though I reserve the right to poop myself, then DC :P

LemonRising
11-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Now I just have to decide what I want to sell my soul for.

If you poop yourself perhaps you would do so after you d/c ) :

jango
11-27-2009, 11:25 AM
I'll try Mr Lemon, but you know how these things can be .. I might not have much choice :(

LemonRising
11-27-2009, 01:35 PM
This is very true.

Wear depends.

<:

jango
11-27-2009, 02:10 PM
As an aside, have you guys considered using something like TSViewer (http://www.tsviewer.com/) on the site, so people can see when others are on?

p.s. forgive me if you fellas don't use TS quite like this or perhaps don't intend to as a community-builder etc, it just popped into my head

LiNuX
11-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Never used it. Don't think I will either - I've heard of it though, plenty of times. It doesn't take too long to connect to TS as it does to certain game servers and Like I said, people generally schedule the online meet so I'm not sure how much this will help anyway.