PDA

View Full Version : How far have you gone for a game?

HyperShadow5592
07-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Just wondering how far some people have gone for a paticular game or game system.........

The farthest I have currently gone is: I spent the night at the local Wal-Mart for a Nintendo Wii, and it was an 18 hour wait.......

Maybe somebody has gone longer, or spent a ton of money trying to get a game from another country before it came out in the US..........

lonewolfxix
07-03-2007, 04:10 AM
I done household chores for like a month and a half to get a certain game for PS2 years back if that counts. I mainly order hardware from other countries, looking at ordering roughly $800 from USA end of this year. Still not certain I can trust my sources, though.. I guess I should test the water first with something like.. a mouse.. lol and a few cases of bawls. XD

KittyCat72
07-03-2007, 07:41 AM
My family doesn't normally go that over a game... but we did travel around city to city and store to store looking for a Wii.

lonewolfxix
07-03-2007, 07:09 PM
I got a playstation 2 on release, dad stumbled in drunk on 25th november 2000 with the order form at midnight and got it for me then hid it till Christmas. that's probably the furthest we've gone. Never understood why people would camp for their consoles, then again I have a good pc so i just wait a few days and THEN get it.

Eric
07-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Hmm, got my PS2 (broken now) 2 hours away + the games. So yeah, 2 hours away, 90 some miles

lonewolfxix
07-05-2007, 12:10 AM
90miles? daaamn. I just stay in happily on my old console or on my pc till it's available near me, my ps2 broke for awhile, took it off the shelf today and it boots up every game I still have that my brother hasn't stole off me fine so I'm sort of happy about that now ^^

Gerrit
07-10-2007, 04:04 AM
90 miles! That's a lot. I barely walked 300 meters. There is a Computer shop right next to my neightborhood. If I need to get more high quality one I'd have to take a 45 minute bus ride to another shopping center. Bus ride would cost around USD 1. That is about the furthest I went and also would go!

Yash
07-10-2007, 04:59 AM
My dad owns a game shop so i donnot need to run after games and console system.
My dad brings them for me as soon as it gets released.

lonewolfxix
07-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Daaamn that's lucky.. But the thing with that.. is you don't really get the feeling of being a hardcore gamer as some people will take vacations from work just to sit and wait for a game, personally, I don't have that amount of dedication even for my favourite series : Final Fantasy. Ordering online is a lot easier. =P

Yash
07-10-2007, 10:18 AM
I too wait for the latest releases,its not that if i own a game shop i get the games easily :P
So i too have a gamers spirit :D

lonewolfxix
07-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Judging by how many games you have you get them easily lol, I have to decide which games I want badly generally, right now a lot of games I want are coming out.. Hard to choose which ones to get first. :X

S70N3DG4M3R
08-06-2007, 03:03 AM
I've actaully gone to Japan for a particular game. It doesnt work on my ps2...........................