PDA

View Full Version : goddam frikkin updates

BIGDUDEJOE
11-29-2009, 11:16 AM
why in the hell did they start updates for the ps3 and why does it connect to the net.

consoles where doing fine before updates and the net.

sega mastersystem , mega drive, dreamcast, saturn, ps1 ,ps2, nes, snes ,64, gamecube, no updates and not net required.

why the hell did they start all the ****????

Cleril
11-29-2009, 11:25 AM
They can so they will, nothing you can do about it or so it seems.

LiNuX
11-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Why are you mad about the updates? The time it takes to download and install?

I agree that the time and wait can be annoying, but sometimes updates are necessary to fix bugs with online games and even for the offline system. But as Cleril said, they can so they will. If you don't want the updates, just unplug it from the net.

hidekipooj
11-29-2009, 12:08 PM
I would rather have a console fix itself in less than a half an hour than have to wait and buy a completely new console/game because of one bug that wasn't quite fixed right in development. *points to cal of duty MW2 1.4 patch*

Aizen
11-29-2009, 03:58 PM
The PS3 is an amazing little piece of work. Updates allow the console to understand how to fix itself. One of my friends had an error that locked up his system, he turned it off and turned it back on, the PS3 realized he had an error and it corrected itself right there on the spot.

I love updates, the wait, not so much.

BIGDUDEJOE
11-29-2009, 08:50 PM
i can remember all the old consoles and i never had bugs on them.

also some people dont like online games and soon everygame is going to be online.

LiNuX
11-29-2009, 09:08 PM

also some people dont like online games and soon everygame is going to be online.

That's because most of their content weren't as dynamic as the current gen consoles - the technology is constantly improving and to keep up, they update your console instead of saving all the new features and fixes for the next gen console.

And you're right that some people don't like online games but most console games have offline modes and the connect to the network is optional. And In the future, every game will probably have an online mode, doesn't mean they'll strictly be online.

Cleril
11-29-2009, 09:22 PM

That's quite an assumption. Not every game would survive in the online world.

Harvest Moon - Maybe a trading feature, perhaps co-op play but it should stay a single player game.

Indigo Prophecy - Impossible to make this story based game have any online...unless you want to have a simon says battles.

Heavy Rain - Same as before.

Banjo-Kazooie - This would always be a single player game but it can have multiplayer uses as well.

To make every game be online only would be nigh impossible and improvable. There would be no such thing as a horror genre, original games, and the industry would make you pay more for games as servers would be needed for everything. A lot of people wouldn't play games if all of that happened.

DancyDarkGamer
01-03-2010, 08:51 AM
Updates shouldn't make you mad they should make you glad the the company is dedicated to there console and gamers and games! I don't know why people say "oh not another update god...." when it gives you better entertainment and gaming experience so be happy about updates!

Freemymind93
01-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Updates shouldn't make you mad they should make you glad the the company is dedicated to there console and gamers and games! I don't know why people say "oh not another update god...." when it gives you better entertainment and gaming experience so be happy about updates!

I agree I love that the ps3 updates itself, it makes me feel up to date with all the current video game happenings. It does take awhile though. The only thing i don't like about it is that it makes you update to the newer software before you can play some games, and I'm like come on i just got this game i wanna play RIGHT NOW!

Frank-the-Rabbit
01-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Updates are a very good thing and sorry to tell you but they are not going anywhere. Most of the time they are very short downloads and don't take to much time. What are you going to do when everything switches to downloads. I really think that the way things are going within like 5 years or so we won't be buying games at stores just downloading them all.

thedeparted
01-04-2010, 01:23 AM
why in the hell did they start updates for the ps3 and why does it connect to the net.

consoles where doing fine before updates and the net.

sega mastersystem , mega drive, dreamcast, saturn, ps1 ,ps2, nes, snes ,64, gamecube, no updates and not net required.

why the hell did they start all the ****????

Dude many of the things you see today were through updates. I laugh at people that complain when Sony is making the system better.

Dark Shadow666
02-28-2010, 06:05 PM
I no i hate updates, i go to ma mates and we go to play 2 player game, and hello an update

BobTD
02-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Updates are a very good thing and sorry to tell you but they are not going anywhere. Most of the time they are very short downloads and don't take to much time. What are you going to do when everything switches to downloads. I really think that the way things are going within like 5 years or so we won't be buying games at stores just downloading them all.

I can see a light downside from updates. I think some developers have released games with way to many bugs when they should have pushed back the launch. Like FableII, for example. Quality is something that should be tested before you ship out.

Me and my brother both lost our save games to completely unrelated glitches. Close to 50 hours of gameplay to.

Updated are necessary to fix those problems, but some standard or quality should still be demanded.

Iceskater101
02-28-2010, 09:16 PM
I don't mind updates I usually just text some friends and by the time i finish with my text the updates are done
but I don't have a ps3 so I wouldn't know but I do have a 360 and I do have a lot of updates

Frank-the-Rabbit
02-28-2010, 09:31 PM
I can see a light downside from updates. I think some developers have released games with way to many bugs when they should have pushed back the launch. Like FableII, for example. Quality is something that should be tested before you ship out.

Me and my brother both lost our save games to completely unrelated glitches. Close to 50 hours of gameplay to.

Updated are necessary to fix those problems, but some standard or quality should still be demanded.

Don't you think this more has to do with the quality control of the company more so then the fact that they can update things? I am glad they are able to patch issues that come up but I hold the developer responsible for making sure they release games with as few of these issues as possible. I guess it sounds like to me your beef is more with developers then with the fact that games can be updated. Updates are not always bug fixes an example of this is there was an Uncharted 2 update that added clan tags to the multiplayer.