PDA

View Full Version : In this forum...

Kenoi
11-30-2009, 12:06 PM
have a Dreamcast?
Its sad that a short-lived system died so fast.... why is that? Can someone explain?
I still have one up to now, and the only games I got for it is NBA 2k, Jet Grind Radio, Shenmue, Powerstone 1 & 2. That's it... oh and Crazy Taxi. haha.
I heard there's a way you can mod it to play burned games... or something like that, I just dont know how to.

LiNuX
11-30-2009, 12:14 PM
Played plenty of it at friends house when it first came out. But my last sega console was the Genesis.

Shixx
11-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Dreamcast was ahead of it's time, Though with it's death came the PS2.
I'm sure if Sega Waited it would've lasted a lot longer and done a lot better.

Kenoi
12-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Oh I see... the ps2 was really popular back then... I really forgot what were the big games for this system... haha.

LiNuX
12-03-2009, 06:00 PM
was it the PS2? Or the PS1? Because if I remember correctly, the original Playstation came out a year or two after the Dreamcast and just took over in the gaming market. I still have my PS1.

HamadaLFC8
12-04-2009, 04:25 AM
I used to have a Dreamcast but unfortunately, like most others it passed away :'( R.I.P
My absolute fav. game I had for it was Echo (that Dolphin game :P) then of course Crazy Taxi and this weird Japanese bus game where you had to follow the street rules :S hahahaha

Kenoi
12-04-2009, 08:42 AM
that sounds very familiar...the japanese bus game where you had to obey all rules.
And Linux, I think it was the ps2 because when I left Guam in 2000, (where I used to live) the ps2 release was near and then the dreamcast started to die in stores. Meaning there were many stocks of the system, but no one didn't bought them because they were making reservations for the ps2. And the ps1 had many good games so I suppose you're right most definitely. Any new release from Sony is known to have some attraction to gamers.

Charlotte
03-23-2010, 03:33 AM
unfortunately i dont have dreamcast but as all you all know dreamcast is just like nintendo wii in modern day now.