PDA

View Full Version : Convert to vBulletin - 75% successful

LiNuX
07-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Ok today was the first trial of converting this forum to vBulletin. Sorry to say that not everything went as planned.

We were successful in converting all members, posts, threads, private messages, profile settings, avatars, and sigs. But there were a few complications.

First complication - when you try to login - it would say you are banned. I can fix this but I have to do each member manually and it'll take hours.

Second complication - You cannot see threads opened more than 30 days ago. I can fix that too manually, but again, this will take MORE hours.

Third complication - signature images only work for administrators and I have not found a way to fix that, the only problem I cant fix yet. So I am waiting for vb support.

Final complication - I cannot change everyones settings at the same time, I have to do it manually once again and can take me hours. Also it keeps saying I dont have authority to run sql queries so I am looking into that now.

This conversion will be delayed for sometime but we WILL convert to vbulletin soon enough. Forum maybe down tomorrow for same reason.

Thank you!

chaoscauser
07-04-2007, 03:04 PM
yay better security ;D my avatar didn't go over.....

souljaa
07-04-2007, 03:10 PM
Not everything got over, he's working on it, trust me :)..He's doing his best.

chaoscauser
07-04-2007, 03:12 PM
Not everything got over, he's working on it, trust me :)..He's doing his best.

he said that avatars went over........

souljaa
07-04-2007, 04:17 PM
Oh yeah, true, but we did loose 2 months of data.

chaoscauser
07-04-2007, 04:19 PM
what you lost the avatars during those 2 months ?

souljaa
07-04-2007, 04:29 PM
No, but it could've been that you added the Avatar during the 2 months that we lost? So it doesn't show up?

LiNuX
07-04-2007, 04:45 PM
sorry chao - avatars were converted on yesterday's session, i couldnt do it this time because it ate up too much resources :(

but please from now on comment in this following thread, this thread is being closed:

http://www.gamers-forum.com/showthread.php?t=1291

thanks!