i going to buy a new console

and confused to buying xbox or ps3

mmm

but iwant to ask

live or home???

and which hand is better?:-(

LiNuX
12-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Look at which console has more exclusive games that YOU like then go with that. You'd have a lot more benefits that way.

But I believe PSN is free? Their net has always been free as long as I've used it. I don't have a PS3 though. This could be a benefactor too in your decision.

Shixx
12-12-2009, 05:33 AM
Like Linux said look at the Games For each console.
and Which ever console has the most games you want to play get it.

Might want to look at Future Releases also.

Samus-Fan
12-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Look at the games, each one has exclusives you might be interested in.
As for Home or Live...
Live you have to pay for, but it's like 6 cents a day. The actual online is far better than home. If it goes down, it can be put right back up because the serves are owned by Microsoft.
Home is ok, but it isn't as good quality. It is free, however. The servers are not owned by Sony though, so say the online goes down- it's down until the owner of those servers feels like putting them back online.

KoF Ripsaw
12-22-2009, 07:32 PM
I agree from what I hear the consoles are about the same. PS3 has more ports but i personally don't see the point of having them. I think you should have a computer for those things. And for the games you do need to look at. And as far as internet goes PS3 has a web browser i hear but again you should already have a computer for that. As mentioned the xbox has better online support. Because you pay Microsoft has a larger budget towards online sony its free it comes for there profits which they arnt willing to give away to much.

Iceskater101
12-22-2009, 08:37 PM
I wouldn't base buying a console on the online play
unless thats all you do on a console

stresss
12-23-2009, 10:40 AM
try a computer, .....or mb ps3 dunno rly

Frank-the-Rabbit
12-24-2009, 02:17 AM
I have all 3 of the systems in my home. As they said above check out the games available for each and the games coming as this should hold the biggest sway on what system you get.

Xbox 360
Pro: The online community is much better and there seem to be a ton of people playing. The servers are better as they stated above.
Con: You have to pay for online play. You have to buy a separate item to connect to wifi.

PS3
Pro: Playing online is free. Built in wifi. Blueray player! The graphics are amazing.
Con: There doesn't seem to be as many people playing online. The servers can be down for a while. No cross game chatting. You have to buy/have a bluetooth headset.

Some other things to note are: The Xbox controler is bigger then the PS3 and uses regular batteries where the PS3 has built in chargable batteries. You can buy chargeable batteries for the 360's controller if you want.

I like the PS3 over the 360 but I tend to like more singleplayer games and don't play online enough to justify the price of live. The blueray and power of the PS3 really have sold me as well.

trublood
12-31-2009, 03:53 PM
go for Xbox 360

suesam21
01-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Well if you're into FPS games then both consoles are good. PS3 is good as it has blueray support.

Freemymind93
01-22-2010, 09:51 AM
I really don't like ps3 home, but i do love the ps3. I got it for the games that are coming out on it exclusively

youthism_is_me
01-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Playstation Network is a better becuase it is FREE and the only stuff you pay for is not needed its just so its you can talk easy but if you get xbox live you pay for that stuff plus a fee that has i think 3 levels of memberships its so exspensive i admit it has a little better quality but sometimes free is the best quality and thats the ps3 plus mag is coming onto just the ps3 and its just online so i am sure that it will be good service sony does well its just the games for all systems that suck sometimes.:rolleyes1:

Kenoi
01-22-2010, 10:50 AM
yeah I'd have to go with Linux on this one, look at what games you're into. like RPG's, Fighters, action/adventure, etc. stuff like that you know

AgileZombie
01-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Xbox360 way better, not to be a fan boy i have both console but everyone on ps3 is bad, but xbox has alot of campers

addam
01-22-2010, 07:00 PM
isn't xbox coming out with a new console soon? is it even a great idea to buy a new one right now?

microp
01-26-2010, 01:29 PM
today, emulator exist, so you can play ps2 games on you computer...
but you need a good gaming computer to play it

youthism_is_me
01-27-2010, 12:14 PM
ps3 all the way there is no good reason for the xbox that the ps3 does not have

EpsilonX
01-28-2010, 01:13 PM
xbox live is an online service.

playstation home is like a game.

handsome22
03-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Xbox better..people say that ps3 internet sux...so i prefer xbox...and if xbox..pick elite :D

CasuallySmart
11-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Xbox Live
Simply because its less likely to be hacked as your money is going some way to making sure its a secure environment!

TheBryanFury16
11-23-2011, 12:53 PM
umm i say ps3 home is better! why? first it has psn which have alot of good games 2nd ps3 home is free 3rd you wont need to pay monthly to play online like live! u got my idea right ;)