PDA

View Full Version : ff13 helped ps3 a lot in japan

thedeparted
12-23-2009, 12:40 PM
was skimming the media create thread on neogaf and word is that this weeks sales for ps3 in japan will be 245k, which is amazing considering it's sales has been lackluster and the fact that from this gen and last gen a 200k+ week has only happened like 8 times, even less if you don't include launch weeks

EpsilonX
12-23-2009, 02:58 PM
i'm tempted to order a japanese copy of that game...haha

Shixx
12-24-2009, 01:25 PM
i'm tempted to order a japanese copy of that game...haha

So was I, I almost did until I found out it has no subs of any kind.
and I can barely understand Japanese at least not well enough to play a whole game in it.

I've also been hearing it's been getting only Good Reviews not GREAT like we expected, then again they did give FF12 near perfect, not so sure I can trust their reviews seeing as that game was horrible.

EpsilonX
12-24-2009, 10:24 PM
So was I, I almost did until I found out it has no subs of any kind.
and I can barely understand Japanese at least not well enough to play a whole game in it.

I've also been hearing it's been getting only Good Reviews not GREAT like we expected, then again they did give FF12 near perfect, not so sure I can trust their reviews seeing as that game was horrible.

no subs? square enix is a cruel, cruel company.

and i loved FF12. I never did finish it though

Kenoi
12-25-2009, 11:59 AM
If I learned japanese, I'd probably play this game.... sadly, I dont... haha.
but that's cool though, Final Fantasy's a hit in Japan

thedeparted
12-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Yup. MGS4 was the biggest selling PS3 game in Japan with like 775k, FF13 sold 1.5 in the first week alone lol. So It might even triple what used to be the record...lol kinda crazy to think about