PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Mantazmad
12-31-2009, 01:15 PM
I recently purchased Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox 360 and realised it was an extremely good game with graphics and story-line both completely entertaining and thrilling, the only bad-point I would comment on is that there is only three modes to access:
Special op,
Campaign,
and Multiplayer...

All three are brilliant but I thought there might have been more varied gameplay modes.

But it lives up to and surpasses it's predecessor 100% and I would Recomend it to any hardcore gamer.

Trunks
12-31-2009, 01:21 PM
Not much more to add in a FPS lol. Most FPS only have 2 game modes, multiplayer and campaign.

MW2 is definitely my favorite game ever now, as you said, the story line in campaign is very good, the multiplayer is even more amazing. I already have 5+ days in multiplayer, on my 2nd prestige already = )

Mantazmad
12-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Yeh, I do understand your point when you say that there is not much to add to a FPS.

And well done on your prestige mate ;)...

LiNuX
12-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Haven't played this one yet, might play from blackleo's account later. I don't even buy games for campaign modes anymore, 99% of my gaming nowadays are all online multiplayer. And even though there isn't much to add in FPS games, the little changes in details can make the game all worth it.

That's why I like playing both KF and L4D/2

Mantazmad
12-31-2009, 02:54 PM
Extremely good comment LiNuX...
and yes, it's just those little tweaks that makes the game extra special.

Frank-the-Rabbit
01-01-2010, 06:44 AM
This is a good game but I really feel like it was way over hyped. My roommate bought this one as he is much more of an online multiplayer then me. The campaign is good but short so if you’re not into online multiplayer I recommend you rent or borrow the game. The campaign reminded me of a blockbuster action movie and I really did like it but I have a hard time playing the Call of Duty games online for some reason.

Diligence109
01-06-2010, 11:13 AM
I've been on the fence about getting this game for PC. I guess what I want to ask "is it worth it? Should I go for it?" But more importantly, as LiNuX pointed out, what makes an FPS are the tiny little details in the way it plays; and those are hard to see at a glance without really getting into the nuts and bolts of the game.

Can someone with experience with the game articulate for me what the little silver lining is that makes this game awesome?

Trunks
01-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Well for me, being able to pick your kill streaks makes it way better. In CoD 4 you could get a UAV, Airstrike and a helicopter. In MW2 you pick 3 kill streaks out of a list of 20 or so. remote control missile, auto-turrets, controlling the gun on the chopper all the way to a nuke. The gun attachments are way better, heart beat monitors are my favorite, there are also thermal scopes, new perks and great maps. It's just everything that makes it awesome.

If you play offline, it has a really good story if you you listen to it all, the best story in a Call of Duty game by far.

Frank-the-Rabbit
01-10-2010, 10:55 PM
I got to say I am very upset with infinity ward and MW2 right now. We like to have a bunch of people over and connect a few 360's then play Halo ect over system link with a couple people per TV. We decided to try MW2 and were blown away to find out that you cannot play split screen on system link with MW2. You can play split screen up to 4 people on one TV but if you do system link you can only play one person per TV. At first we thought we just missed something but after looking it up online there is a petition to get this added. Its just sad they didn't include this.

We played Halo 3 and Left 4 Dead 2 instead.

Diligence109
01-11-2010, 12:52 AM
We played Halo 3 and Left 4 Dead 2 instead.

at least there's a happy ending to the story ;)

Raoul
11-15-2010, 03:06 AM
This games graphics looks really very beautiful and I enjoy playing this game and the weapons they are awesome there are many weapon attachments in Modern Warfare 2. The only sad part of this game is that the game feels short for me I was so enjoying this game and then when I look again I finished the game, but still this game is really awesome I love LANING this game it's really fun.