PDA

View Full Version : Which game should I buy?

Iceskater101
12-31-2009, 05:16 PM
I have 25 dollars and I really want a new video game
I have a few games that I can afford and I want to know what game you think I should buy

Grand theft auto 4
Saints row 2
Call of duty 2
Call of duty 3
Rainbow six vegas
Rainbow six vegas 2
Left 4 dead
(these games are the games under 25 dollars)

which one should I get?
I am sorta leaning towards Left 4 dead but idk

LiNuX
12-31-2009, 07:34 PM
I haven't played L4D on the xbox but it's awesome on the PC. I'd recommend it if you like zombie shooters but I don't know how the game play feels there, I doubt it's as fast paced as the PC version.

Rainbow Six is a good series along with GTA. I started liking COD at COD4. But I've played that on the PC as well.

Iceskater101
01-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I haven't played L4D on the xbox but it's awesome on the PC. I'd recommend it if you like zombie shooters but I don't know how the game play feels there, I doubt it's as fast paced as the PC version.

Rainbow Six is a good series along with GTA. I started liking COD at COD4. But I've played that on the PC as well.

yeah the thing about L4D is is all my 25 dollars
but I am probably leaning towards Rainbow Six or GTA
what is Rainbow Six Vegas about?

Frank-the-Rabbit
01-03-2010, 07:40 PM
I would say get GTA since you will get a ton out of that game for your money. When you get through the main game there are 2 very good DLC sets you can get.

If you don't like the GTA games then L4D is fun esp if you have friends that have it and you can play with.

HamadaLFC8
01-04-2010, 06:35 AM
I'm not so sure about L4D, I'm scared that many many people who have played it online moved on to L4D2... so you won't have many people to play online! I'm not sure though since I haven't played L4D in ages!
Saints Row 2 is great and online is pretty cool as well but it will keep you occupied for like 2 weeks MAX! (the campaign)

I'd get GTA IV! Great long story, multiplayer is fun and competitve! AND the best thing is, I have it :D so we can play online together! YEY! haha xD
Hope I helped :)

LiNuX
01-04-2010, 06:39 AM
I'm not so sure about L4D, I'm scared that many many people who have played it online moved on to L4D2... so you won't have many people to play online! I'm not sure though since I haven't played L4D in ages!

I played a full game a few days ago. There's not as much people but I found on the weekend you have a lot more lobbies popping up.

But it does look like a majority moved onto L4D2. And I believe it's $37 on steam if you can find $12 more to add to that budget.

EpsilonX
01-04-2010, 08:29 PM
definitely get grand theft auto. it's amazing. plus, out of all of those games you'll get the most value for your dollar.

Exodyus
01-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Saints Row 2 is great and online is pretty cool as well but it will keep you occupied for like 2 weeks MAX! (the campaign)

I'd get GTA IV! Great long story, multiplayer is fun and competitve! AND the best thing is, I have it :D so we can play online together! YEY! haha xD
Hope I helped :)

I played a full game a few days ago. There's not as much people but I found on the weekend you have a lot more lobbies popping up.

But it does look like a majority moved onto L4D2. And I believe it's $37 on steam if you can find $12 more to add to that budget.

There are plenty of people who still play on the simple fact that they don't like a lot of the nerfed parts of L4D2.

LiNuX
01-04-2010, 11:27 PM
There are plenty of people who still play on the simple fact that they don't like a lot of the nerfed parts of L4D2.

Yeah, I don't like lot of those parts myself. Especially the boomer and hunter registrations. You have to be precise with your pounces and you literally have to be at their faces to get a boom which is pretty hard. But I've played enough to get used to the hunter but boomer still annoys me. They made it much harder to kill the survivors.

Another thing I don't like is that they took away health bonus. I don't use my medpac as much as others because I know how to avoid being jumped. But at the end you could end up getting the same score as a team that has no medpacks with less than 10 hp each while your team is in green health with 4 medpacs. I would have won so many more vs games. If you look at my win:loss ratio between l4d and l4d2, it looks like I suck at l4d2 because my winning rage is just over 50% while in l4d it's nearly 90% only because of the health bonuses.

</rant>

HamadaLFC8
01-05-2010, 06:59 AM
Yeah I found the med-pack issue really annoying as well. Basically your team can get incapacitated 10 times, as long as everyone makes it you'll end up getting full score. That's messed up!

nolifegamer92
02-28-2012, 09:58 PM
rainbow six games are great, get them if you like tactical shooters.

don't get cod3 at all. treyarc's first cod game really did show. it was unpolished, felt unfinished, played choppy, and was downright boring. i would suggest you get cod4. cod games are a bit of one man army type shooters, i don't know if that is what you like.

gta iv is a different game, and if you like crime thrillers then it is for you. i personally loved the dark storyline, it engages you into the story, with several difficult choices to make that impacts the storyline and even the ending. get the complete edition of gta, it includes iv and the dlc expansions.

l4d is an incredibly fun game, but only with co-op. if you do not plan on playing with friends, than don't get it. the single player gets repetitive quickly.

saints row 2 i have not played, so i cannot help you there.

i would personally recommend you get gta iv, as others have said, it is the most game for your money. the storyline is nice and long, full of twists and turns. the multiplayer has free mode, where you and your friends can just get together and do crazy stuff. the game engine is much better than san andreas. if you want to go for 100% completion, the game will keep you playing for months.

Hyper_Reality
02-29-2012, 05:00 AM
Left 4 Dead is one of my all-time favorite games, but I doubt you'll be able to find many people online since Left 4 Dead 2 has been out for a while now. Single player on L4D can get pretty annoying because your AI allies are complete idiots who can't play to save their lives. Call of Duty 2 & 3 are my favorite COD games offline.

Mclovvinn
02-29-2012, 06:13 AM
I would defo get GTA4 so much to playing time on it and well worth $25

KillzyazMadness
03-31-2012, 02:29 PM
GTA 4 because I think it has the longest appeal time of the others.

thedeparted
03-31-2012, 02:45 PM
lol this thread should be locked so no one can post in it in the future.