PDA

View Full Version : connecting my ps3

swambles
01-01-2010, 07:49 PM
i connected my ps3 to an older tv and i cant figure out the input. its an older hitachi tv... its a Hitachi 51s500 and isnt HDMI but im in the process of getting the HDMI to DVI adapter. my only problem is that i cant get the ps3 to show up with any of the inputs. anyone have any ideas?

thanks

LiNuX
01-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Do you have any other TVs in the house? You can try to test the connections there, could be something wrong with the wires themselves.

I don't have a PS3 myself so I'm not familiar with the types of connections it provides, but if you believe an HDMI to DVI adapter will do the trick then that is probably your best bet at the moment.

swambles
01-01-2010, 09:15 PM
oh i was playing it last nite already and then decided to use my brothers old tv and put it in my room... well i cant get the ps3 to show up on the tv now... he played his 360 on it before though but its been soo long that he cant remember what input he used to use and cant figure out how to get it to show up.

LiNuX
01-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Try every possible connection and input combination, Should find out where it belongs assuming the wires are in tact.

RaiDae
01-02-2010, 01:53 PM
I don't think it's problem with the connection (or cable) - it's happened to me too. I tried to connect the ps3 to a non HD tv after i'd had it set up for HD. (i'd had it connected to the old TV maybe.. a month before?)

I think (sorry if this is wrong) that you should go to settings (when the ps3 is connected to HD tv) and change the graphics and set-up for non-HD. Make sure it saves the changes then try plugging it into the old TV again. Leave it for about a minute or 2 (turned on) , some lights may flash. If nothing happens, turn it off (the ps3, not the tv) and try again. I think that's how i got it to work for me.
Good luck

swambles
01-02-2010, 07:15 PM
thanks... ya i ended up calling best buy and found the same thing... cuz i had my hdmi cable plugged in for the other tv and didnt change the settings back to the regular settings for video... i just have to finish changing the settings and then it should work

gamers paradise
01-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Have you tried searching online for n adaptor for your tv?

swambles
01-08-2010, 12:52 PM
i got it to work... i had to change the display settings for the system since i was using an hdmi cable on one tv it was set to those settings... im just waiting on my adapter for my other tv for the hdmi cable now

hidekipooj
01-11-2010, 12:40 PM
a quick way to do it instead of having to re-plug everytime and switch the video settings is to.

1.) turn master switch off (the one in back)
2.) hold finger on the soft power switch (the one on front)
3.) turn master switch back on
4.) keep the finger on the soft power switch for 10 seconds.
5.) basically that makes the ps3 go back to default video settings which enables connection for standard composite cables.