PDA

View Full Version : Classic: Doom vs Duke Nukem

Gerrit
07-06-2007, 11:14 PM
So what's the choice if you could pick one?
For me Duke Nukem 3d was an all time favorite.
I would have to go with that...

what do you guys think?

LiNuX
07-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I've played both and duke nukem wasnt one of my favorites lol, i'd probably pick doom because im weird like that? lol, well i'd pick that since im more used to it i guess

FattaT
07-07-2007, 12:30 AM
I've played both and I must say I like Duke Nukem 3D a little bit more....
Then when Wolfenstein 3D came out that was my favorite =P

Gerrit
07-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Hmm everyone keeps telling Wolfenstein is really good.
Some how it just didn't appeal to me.
Maybe i should install it again lol.. Would be a little weird in the year 2007.

distilarouk
07-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Out of those two I'd pick the Duke. But you forgot Bungies epic Trilogy, Marathon. i actually played this for days. and for you Halo Players alot of Inspiration came from here. In fact if you look at some of the Logs you find in Forerunner Facilities there all about Marathon. just got a little of tangent there sorry

EpsilonX
07-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Gonna go with Doom, since i've never played Duke

Psychotray
07-07-2011, 03:06 AM
Duke Nukem for sure, hahaa, haven't played it in so many years, I remember them Pig zombie things that you have to kill :p

Shooter99
07-07-2011, 04:50 AM
Duke Nukem 3D is one of the best FPS games ever. It was one of the first (if not the first) games that used a mosuelook script. Duke Nukem 3D was also the first game to feature interacting with the environment. It was also funny and offered a lot of entertainment, so in this case, Duke Nukem is definitely the winner.

Hmm everyone keeps telling Wolfenstein is really good.
Some how it just didn't appeal to me.
Maybe i should install it again lol.. Would be a little weird in the year 2007.

Actually, it's 2011 :P Don't install it. If you want to play Wolfenstein 3D or Doom (1 or 2) again, simply google them. They're flash games now :D

Duke Nukem for sure, hahaa, haven't played it in so many years, I remember them Pig zombie things that you have to kill :p

Pig Zombies :D :D :D They're Pig Cops, not Pig Zombies. How did you come up with Pig Zombies? lol :D :D :D

paecmaker
07-07-2011, 09:22 AM
Never played dukenukem 3d, only doom so I ave to go with that.

EpsilonX
07-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Actually, it's 2011 :P Don't install it. If you want to play Wolfenstein 3D or Doom (1 or 2) again, simply google them. They're flash games now :D

this post is from 2007 lol somebody necro'd it

anyways, i played Duke Nukem Forever demo last night and thought it was pretty dumb. It would have been decent though, if Duke's voice was different. Was that the voice he's always had? It made Duke seem lame and not the bad@$$ everyone makes him out to be

Shooter99
07-08-2011, 05:26 AM
this post is from 2007 lol somebody necro'd it

anyways, i played Duke Nukem Forever demo last night and thought it was pretty dumb. It would have been decent though, if Duke's voice was different. Was that the voice he's always had? It made Duke seem lame and not the bad@$$ everyone makes him out to be

Yeah, Duke's voice is kinda weird in DNF. But the game itself is ok - not as solid as Duke Nukem 3D, but still - pretty good.

Psychotray
07-08-2011, 05:45 AM
I'll need to play Doom before I make a decision, but I've played Duke Nukem and it was really good for its time. So I'd say that both Duke and Doom come close together based on what I've heard about both.

Shooter99
07-08-2011, 07:35 AM
I'll need to play Doom before I make a decision, but I've played Duke Nukem and it was really good for its time. So I'd say that both Duke and Doom come close together based on what I've heard about both.

Duke Nukem 3D is far better than Doom. Play Doom and you'll see (Google + Doom online game). :D
I don't even know why do some people prefer Doom over DN,

Psychotray
07-08-2011, 07:58 AM
True, Well, I might go rent it out then I guess. I seen the Doom movie before, it was alright I guess :p