PDA

View Full Version : Darksiders

Exodyus
01-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Anyone else pre-order this?

Looks insanely epic. I'm excited to pick it up tomorrow!

thedeparted
01-04-2010, 10:02 PM
looks to be a games I might like. May pick it up in the future

Shixx
01-05-2010, 06:05 AM
It was sent from gamefly yesterday. Should be here today or tomorrow, I'm pretty excited

RaiDae
01-07-2010, 01:19 PM
For those of you who've got it, what's it like? What game(s) would you compare it to?

Yuuki
01-07-2010, 02:14 PM
I saw the commercial for it the other day, it looks amazingggg!!!
It was released for the Ps3 too, wasn't it?

RaiDae
01-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Yuhu - it's coming out for the ps3. It does look really good. But i might bide my time... wait for it to fall in price first.

Yuuki
01-07-2010, 02:37 PM
o.O I read that it's coming out for the Xbox too.. x.x
Wow, I need to pay attention to commercials more.. >>"
/fail
Either way, my dad sold my Ps3 so bleh.

Shixx
01-07-2010, 07:04 PM
It's actually pretty good. it's like God of war with a bit of Devil may cry mixed in.
has a platformer feel as well.

But it's definitely a Game you should play.

Exodyus
01-07-2010, 10:59 PM
It has the puzzles of God of War, only a little harder -- I think.
-- I just got this weapon called the VoidWalker, and you can shoot a portal, and another portal and hop between the two, or throw bombs or boxes in one and out the other.

This makes timing tricky and this part of the game SOOOOoo Damn Irritating.

But it also has some weird little blips and things from Devil May Cry, like Shixx said. Some of the same sounds, and oddly enough -- it reminds me a lot of DMC, how they come out of the ground and certain actions.

Good game, all in all.

Exodyus
01-19-2010, 12:41 AM
So -- I beat Darksiders and I have to say, that I was very sad that I actually got the game to crash on me -- not once, but twice.
Thank God for Auto-Save, or I would have been severely pissed because I hadn't saved in about two hours -- and past two major bosses. D;

All in all, I'd say the game is a good 7/10. And I still have Achievements to unlock - so, time for round 2!

Subb
01-19-2010, 11:08 AM
i played it for a bit when i was up at the tattoo shop and i loved it, its so sick will be picking it up very soon

Project Blaze
01-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Hey, is this game worth getting? I mean, is it really Devil May Cry-ish? I read that somewhere... but I can't remember where. -_-

Exodyus
01-20-2010, 11:28 AM
I think it is worth getting, because it had a huge turn out for popularity and selling, although it didn't do as well as Bayonetta because of the "same time launch" date.

But it's an excellently done storyline, and there's more to come. Probably 2-3 more games at least, seeing as you play ONE of FOUR horsemen of the Apocalypse -- which means there are 3 others, and the ending reference is for you to find out. <3

Definitely worth buying, I think. It's a challenge, and even some of the same sound-bytes as Devil May Cry. When you kill the Eel things in the water, they scream and die -- and sound like the demon women with the HUGE scythes, from DMC.

Shixx
01-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah it sucks it was over shadowed by Bayonetta The story was much, MUCH better then Bayonetta, both of them had awesome Gameplay, just one had boobs.

Yeah the ending definitely says "Sequels incoming!".

But it Reminds me more of God of war then DMC.

In Short, yes Play it.

Project Blaze
01-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks! Sounds like a good beatdown to dish out. lol I can't put into words how much I love crushing weird looking things. lol (Things that move, that is!) Not to mention I was also pretty into GoW at the same time as DMC, so I traded off between the two a lot. lol So, this game's got another buyer! Thanks for the info 'n stuff! ^^

Diligence109
01-22-2010, 01:42 AM
this makes me need more money... need the semester to start already so I can get a job! XD

Project Blaze
01-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Yeah, money sucks to get. Bleh. But with it I managed to get my hands on Darksiders, and I've gotta say, this is one wicked sweet game!!! Plus War's voice actor, Liam O'brian. He's been in a few anime. (Ergo Proxy to name one. ^^)

EpsilonX
02-01-2010, 08:33 AM
it's god of war meets devil may cry?

that's like saying final fantasy meets star ocean... =X

jango
02-01-2010, 08:44 AM
hmm .. not sure what i think of it really .. but then seeing as it's not out for the pc it doesn't matter much

kinda look fun tho :)

jango
02-08-2010, 05:32 AM
btw, zeropunctuation (one of my favourite reviewers) did a review of darksiders (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1404-Darksiders) .. it's worth watching whether you agree with him or not, purely for the laughs

Shixx
02-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Ahh, Yahtzee. y-you, BULLY! but Naw that review was hilarious.

TheMessenger
03-18-2010, 12:35 AM
looks alright, i guess

jango
03-30-2010, 04:46 PM
this on the official site (http://community.darksiders.com/) for PC users ..

There are some of you who have been holding out on Darksiders because you want it on PC. Well, it's official. Darksiders is coming to PC in June, and it'll be just as awesome as it is on consoles. Take it from General Manager of Vigil, David Adams, "We are really excited to have the opportunity to bring Darksiders to the global PC audience. We feel that the growth of digital distribution and PC online communities creates a great environment for our game. We are working really hard to make sure that key features such as user-defined resolutions, interface and both keyboard and game pad control sets are all up to the standards for today’s discerning PC consumer."

Shixx
03-31-2010, 11:25 AM
I would not get this for PC unless you have a Controller.
Keyboard and mouse seems like it would be painful.

Raoul
11-10-2010, 04:25 AM
This game is really awesome I play this game a lot everyday and the graphics of the game looks very beautiful too. I can't wait to play it again:D