PDA

View Full Version : Oz World

iChelsea
01-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Lately a game I have been playing is Oz World.

A unique thing about oz world is the peace in the game. Most games involve a lot of fighting
and attacking. In Oz, the focus is on friendship and socializing. You can get married,
add friends to your list, and call people. Fish with your friends! If anyone is breaking the
rules, call a fellow Oz Elf who will help solve the problem.

Another aspect of the game is buying a house! You can buy a house and model it with your
own furniture, etc.

A great part of the game is the customizable avatar. There is a huge selection of clothes, hair
shoes, and accessories to choose from. The selection expands as you grow to a higher level.

Another part of the game is mixing. You can obtain objects randomly from selling fish and
mix them together to make different items such as wings, motorcyless, pogo sticks, etc.
Other objects can be mixed to sell to other users for gold.

Overall I think Oz is a very refreshing break from most of the games played today. The game
is free and very easy to sign up for.

Diligence109
01-09-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm assuming, based on the description, that it's an MMO?

In any MMO the thing I look for right away is how the game encourages the players to play together... I always feel like the point of a massively multiplayer game would be to play with a massive number of players, and that idea seems to get lost by so many game designs in mmos today that focus on making room for "solo" gameplay. You hint towards some sort of market system and economy in which users trades items and gold while working to customize their avatar/house/belongings to their own personal liking.

What sort of things do you have to do in game to level up and unlock more things? What sort of things do you unlock? How do you get gold? How active are the players in the economy? How actively do players simply mingle with each other?

Sell this game to me ;)

Doemed
01-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Yo ushould post it somewhere else