PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial Forza 3 Tips

HamadaLFC8
01-11-2010, 04:47 PM
I've decided to create a thread with Forza 3 (Xbox 360) Tips! In the future I will constantly update this thread with info and tricks on how to succeed, I might edit some posts as you never stop learning and if I learn something new, I will definitely let you know!

If you know anything that should be added or have your own tips please feel free to add them, they'd be much appreciated =)

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/09/forza-3-logo-580.jpg

Drifting

A common question asked by people is "What is the best car for drifting?" Now there is no real answer to that question as Forza 3 is all about the driver driving it and not about the car like in some other racing games.
The best cars for me would be the Toyota Supra, Nissan 350z, Nissan Silvia S15 & BMW E42. As I said before those are the cars that suit my driving style and they might not suite yours.

Now drifting in Forza 3 is my absolute favorite multiplayer mode. The cool thing about it is that unlike NFS: Shift, you all race together, yet that has it's disadvantages as well. If you are in a drift and have kept a drift going for about 4 seconds you could possibly add up quiet a sum that could shoot you up the rankings, the frustrating part is that if you did that you gotta know where to stop and make sure there are no stupid freaks behind you that are way too fast and eventually crash into you and completely ruin your drift. -.-

A way to prevent this happening would be at the start of the race, don't go ... wait a couple of seconds and let all the maniacs go ahead and screw each other up. Wait a bit, you will probably see other players waiting as well so make sure you don't go at the same time as then because DRIFTING NEEDS SPACE.

Tip:Once you can go wait a bit and then go in the back.

Drifting in this game heavily differs from drifting in NFS for example. I had a hard time in the beginning to get used to it but I finally go it. The key to success is .... exactly you guessed it! PRACTICE! If you don't practice or just bought the game, expect to finish last for the first couple of races, just make sure you don't annoy the trained ones and ruin their scores.

How to drift:

- Once you get a hold of it, its actually pretty simple to drift, and loads of fun! Many beginners that don't know much about racing games drift in automatic which is a fatal mistake that can cost you many thousand points. So my advice once you get used to the controls, start driving manual. Once you get a hold of that, use manual with clutch if you have that your chances of winning a drift event are way higher!

Approach the right turn as if your taking a normal turn. So if it's a left turn obviously you'd approach from the right and so on. Make sure you are not too fast or you will fly out or do a 180 turn. Once you think that you have the perfect speed, hit the handbrakes and steer into the direction of the turn. Once your in the turn steer to the other side, so if your making a right turn, steer to the left. Gently press the throttle to maintain the drift and use the breaks if you feel that you will spin out! It can easily save you points. If your car is too slow to keep drifting, quickly hit the gas and press the handbrake again. I figured out that the perfect speed for my cars (They are S rated) would be in 2nd and 3rd gear.

Also make sure that you have a fast car but not too fast, as you find out most people drift with S & R vehicles.

NOTE: People tend to create cars that they only use for drifting, some other cars for drag and some others for normal racing. It helps a lot ;)

http://media.techeblog.com/images/forzamotorsport3drifting.jpg

Hope this will help you guys =) I will keep updating this thread with tips for other modes and just general hints.

LiNuX
01-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Toyota Supra

One of my favorite cars. If it's in a game, I'll race with it. Haven't played Forza 3 though. But Drifting does need space, used to do it a ton in older games.

Good post, hope to see more updates.

Knibbler
01-12-2010, 02:40 AM
My favourite car to drift with is thw 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, finely tuned, it's got the speed you need to rack up them points quick and handles them corners no problem.

HamadaLFC8
01-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Yeah many people find that the Subaru's are perfect for drifting, I'm going to give them a try as well.

Also I updated the Drift section as I promised.