PDA

View Full Version : Wii 16-bit games don't work

lionheart83
01-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I've been ghosting around the forum off and on for a while, but this is my first actual post. I have a problem and need some help. I got my Wii a week or so before Christmas and just a few days ago downloaded the original Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong games. But when I go to play them, my tv goes blank and says "no signal," as it does when it is changed to an input channel and nothing is plugged into it or turned on. I assume it's because they're 16-bit games and the resolution doesn't translate on my 1080p lcd tv, but I've searched the internet up and down for any other case of this happening and haven't run into anything. Does anyone have any clue what I can do to make the games work or why it's doing this? I have a 48" Samsung 1080p LCD tv if that helps. The Wii works fine, and all the games I've played, aside from the 16-bit ones, work fine too.

Thank you for any helpful advice you may have.

Subb
01-12-2010, 04:14 PM
I've been ghosting around the forum off and on for a while, but this is my first actual post. I have a problem and need some help. I got my Wii a week or so before Christmas and just a few days ago downloaded the original Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong games. But when I go to play them, my tv goes blank and says "no signal," as it does when it is changed to an input channel and nothing is plugged into it or turned on. I assume it's because they're 16-bit games and the resolution doesn't translate on my 1080p lcd tv, but I've searched the internet up and down for any other case of this happening and haven't run into anything. Does anyone have any clue what I can do to make the games work or why it's doing this? I have a 48" Samsung 1080p LCD tv if that helps. The Wii works fine, and all the games I've played, aside from the 16-bit ones, work fine too.

Thank you for any helpful advice you may have.

i dunno much about the wii so i cant help u there, but u gotta get contra if they have it. thats like the best game ever lol been playin it FOREVER!

Shixx
01-12-2010, 04:20 PM
You could try Turning down your Resolution on your TV to 720.
I don't think that's the problem, but you can try.

Also try calling Nintendo and asking them?

I don't have a Wii so I don't know if this will work but you could re-Download the games and see if they got corrupted somehow.

Soildblue
02-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Try unplugging everything for 30 plus seconds maybe more like 2 minutes. I had a problem with leaving power to the system and not playing for a long time. Wii support said to try that. It worked for me not sure if they are related, but be aware.

EpsilonX
02-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Do you have it hooked up with an SD composite cable (RBW) or component? (5 cables idk the colors of) That could make a difference.

maybe you could also check the book that came with the system? Other than that I don't know what to say. (other than you NEED to pick up monster hunter 3 when it drops in april)

and welcome to the forum, hope this post isn't a one-time deal.