PDA

View Full Version : more Jurassic Park coming(possibly 3 more)

thedeparted
01-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Boxoffice > The Business of Movies > Featured Stories > EXCLUSIVE: 'Captain America' & 'JP4' News (http://boxoffice.com/featured_stories/2010/01/exclusive-captain-america-jp4.php)

Like the wolf man, it's a classic character where you have to find the human element underneath him.

Well, I figure humans buy tickets to go see the movies. We might as well make stories about humans. After all, robots don't buy tickets.

The internet is freaking out that there might be a Jurassic Park IV.

Wow, when did that happen?

November—you mentioned to Ain't It Cool that there might be a good script.

Did I tell him? Was it me?

You said that there was no way to get people back on the island for a fourth time and have it make sense, but that 2001 was the last installment and we're due.

Well, there is going to be a Jurassic Park IV. And it's going to be unlike anything you've seen. It breaks away from the first three—it's essentially the beginning of the second Jurassic Park trilogy. It's going to be done in a completely different way. That's pretty much all I can tell you.

A second trilogy?

If you think of the first three as a trilogy, number four would be the beginning of a second trilogy.

That's big. So not to lock you in, but there's a possibility there might be a total of six films?

Well, you never know. If they keep working—and if audiences keep going to them—there's no reason why there wouldn't be. We just want to make them justified in their own right. We don't want to make sequel after sequel just because there's a market for it. We want to tell different, interesting stories. You don't want to just sell hamburger.

Here's part of the interview. I'm not sure what to think of this news. 1 was epic, never seen 2, and 3 was average. Is there really need for more? Well sure... I guess. It'd be awesome if they could reach at least 50% of the awesomesauce that that 1st produced

LiNuX
01-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Never saw the second one fully and have never seen the third one at all. First one was definitely good.

Frank-the-Rabbit
01-14-2010, 01:15 AM
Bah!!! This is just another example of Hollywood running out of ideas so they recycle the old ones. The first movie was good but the next two were really bad if you ask me. I am a huge fan of Michael Crichton and it saddens me to see them do this. I say if you haven't read the Jurassic Park and Lost World books if you need a Jurassic park fix they are much better then the movies.

LemonRising
01-14-2010, 09:09 AM
I..

Is it bad that I'm really excited for this?

Subb
01-14-2010, 09:14 AM
I..

nah i dont think its bad. we all have are own interests. i always got a kick outta the guy gettin whiped clean in the outhouse. i will watch them

thedeparted
01-15-2010, 03:54 PM
I..

nah, I mean if your into dino movies you really don't get hollywood budget type dino movies often so I can relate. I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

jango
01-15-2010, 05:30 PM
I've seen a few of them, but it was all starting to get quite sketchy in the last one I saw.

suesam21
01-15-2010, 10:49 PM
All 3 of them were good, but what they're going to stretch in 4th or even 5th movie ? that will be drag..

Kenoi
01-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Hey, I saw the 1st one only.. not the 2nd one or 3rd one..... because they dont have it in video stores anymore..... but anyway, that would be cool, Jurassic Park Saga moving on...

thedeparted
01-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Hey, I saw the 1st one only.. not the 2nd one or 3rd one..... because they dont have it in video stores anymore..... but anyway, that would be cool, Jurassic Park Saga moving on...

That's why Netflix is so great. So many options of rentals that don't exist in regular video rental stores anymore.

suesam21
01-17-2010, 04:12 AM
I wish netflix was worldwide service. I don't want it to rent JP movies but other movies i would love to get hands on.

ROfler
01-19-2010, 05:41 PM
pretty decent movie overall, nice twist