PDA

View Full Version : New hands free gaming system- Project Natal

xmtxm
01-15-2010, 09:54 PM
I have not seen this topic already posted.
---
Microsoft is making a free hand gaming system called Project natal. Its coming sometime in 2010. You wont need a controller anymore. I found a video I watched showing the gaming system but not on the same site. But found it on youtube.

The video showing people playing the system.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_txF7iETX0
--

Project Natal Hitting Xbox 360 This Year - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20100107/tc_pcworld/projectnatalhittingxbox360thisyear_1)

CBC News - Technology Science - Hands-free gaming closer to reality (http://www.cbc.ca/technology/story/2010/01/07/ces-xbox-hands-free.html?ref=rss)

New games system - Yahoo! News UK (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100112/ttc-new-games-system-could-teach-golf-e1d36ba.html)

Diligence109
01-15-2010, 10:22 PM
I remember seeing this ad earlier in 09

Looks like it will be even more family-friendly and watered down gaming than the wii, but that's just my skeptical projection; we wont really know until it's been released, I suppose.

Let it also be known that I am a happy and proud wii owner

Shixx
01-15-2010, 10:27 PM
It could be awesome, but I doubt they make it so.

Morticia
01-15-2010, 10:32 PM
I agree with shixx. Good idea, but the inevitable Microsoft execution is going to ruin it.

LiNuX
01-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Saw it already - it was posted here a while back. Definitely interesting. But right now I'm happy with my keyboard and mouse...this may be for the next gen gamers. Or the one after...

Frank-the-Rabbit
01-16-2010, 02:29 AM
I really feel like this along with the Sony motion controllers is a way for these companies to reach the more casual audience like Nintendo has. I don't know that they will come out with too many games that the more hardcore gamer audience like us will be into. I really hope that they don't push it too far and use motion controls were they are not needed. There is potential there but it may be a while before it is truly realized.

Trunks
01-16-2010, 11:39 AM
I think this system will end up being very expensive. I personally rather just keep my controller, it would be neat to try. Just not rally worth the money it's going to cost.

Kenoi
01-16-2010, 01:21 PM
I am.. the controller? Say wha?

jango
01-16-2010, 02:47 PM
This level of technology scares me .. and, makes me want to watch bladerunner ..

Morticia
01-16-2010, 04:54 PM
This level of technology scares me .. and, makes me want to watch bladerunner ..

Hell yes, Jango. Hell freaking yes.

Iceskater101
01-16-2010, 06:29 PM
I think this system will end up being very expensive. I personally rather just keep my controller, it would be neat to try. Just not rally worth the money it's going to cost.

I agree
I mean I am just thinking what it would be life if there was call of duty and you were the controller
lol

thedeparted
01-16-2010, 07:14 PM
I remember watching it unveiled at E3, I still have the same opinion of it. A big joke. I know I'm never going to waste my time with it.

Ubernerd
01-17-2010, 10:17 AM
This seems almost too good to be true...

See that fighting game at the first part?

Can you IMAGINE the future of beat 'em ups if this thing actually works?

I'm not going to get all excited, because I have a very good feeling this is going to be a flop.

But wow.

If it's good, this is gonna be awesome.

Kenoi
01-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Blade runner? its an old movie right?

xmtxm
01-17-2010, 03:00 PM

Yeah it will be weird without a controller or at least something to hold on to.

Subb
01-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Yeah it will be weird without a controller or at least something to hold on to.

thats the exact reason i wouldnt be interest in this, it wouldnt be the same and would feel kinda odd playing it

LiNuX
01-17-2010, 03:24 PM
thats the exact reason i wouldnt be interest in this, it wouldnt be the same and would feel kinda odd playing it

People can adapt. I'm sure if they make it cost effective, it could become the way people game in the future.

Although I'd rather see virtual reality games..you know, like the ones in the old Yu-Gi-Oh episodes. (Haven't seen any episodes in the last half of the decade so I'm not sure what they're doing now).

youthism_is_me
01-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Its a great Idea and it put them up front for a change considering the xbox was a bomber and the 360 had so much costly add ons

Samus-Fan
01-17-2010, 09:20 PM
Its a great Idea and it put them up front for a change considering the xbox was a bomber and the 360 had so much costly add ons

Xbox wasn't a bomb....

And it's not that expensive, really, since you don't need anything other than online really, which goes out to roughly 6 cents a day.

thedeparted
01-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Xbox wasn't a bomb....

And it's not that expensive, really, since you don't need anything other than online really, which goes out to roughly 6 cents a day.

The Xbox was too a bomb, it was owned hand over foot by the PS2 and only finished 2nd last gen because of beyond epic failures like Gamecube and Dreamcast. It cost Microsoft billions.

EpsilonX
01-20-2010, 01:12 AM
hm. i have no interest in this. actually, this is gonna get a lot of talk but it's going to flop. plus, wouldn't it register if u had like an itch u needed to scratch, or if somebody walks by, it could mess up your game. i doubt u could have a bunch of people sittin on a couch usin it. probs only 1 person and they'd need to like stand or somethin.