PDA

View Full Version : Is the Playstation Network free?

Project Blaze
01-17-2010, 03:30 AM
I've heard that it's both free and that it isn't (either way I ended up getting one, thinking the PSN was free. Console still dominates, though. ^_^) I haven't bought an Ethernet cable for fear of being charged something if I set it up. Soooo... Would someone get rid of all that confusion I've got goin' on? :\ It'd be much appreciated! :)

Frank-the-Rabbit
01-17-2010, 09:16 AM
There is no charge to connect to PSN now. Sony has talked about adding in "premium" accounts that would have extra features and they would charge for that but sounds like to play online will stay free. I sure hope it stays this way.

Freemymind93
01-17-2010, 03:19 PM
It better stay free, I'm having so much fun with free online gaming. One of the pluses of having a PS3

Street_Soldier69
01-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Yes its free, but it is funnier to have a credit card to buy DLC's for your favorite games and such but you don't have to.

And the PS3 was wi-fi btw. You don't have to use your ethernet cable :D

(DLC = Downloadable Content)

Project Blaze
01-17-2010, 06:08 PM
YESS!! SWEET!! I've been waqnting to get my DMC 4 achievements stats and take a look at 'em. Or does that not need the network? I never really looked into that part. lol ^^"

youthism_is_me
01-17-2010, 06:10 PM
It is a free network for games you own and all the game features are free but to download things at the playstation STORE cost money think about it when you signed up they did not ask how old you were or for a credit card number so.....yeah

Street_Soldier69
01-17-2010, 06:15 PM
It is a free network for games you own and all the game features are free but to download things at the playstation STORE cost money think about it when you signed up they did not ask how old you were or for a credit card number so.....yeah

They do ask how old you are, when you sign up.

People younger than 13 = Sub Account

Older than 13 = Master Account

---

There are also great demos and trailers for you to download. They also will offer free Full Games sometimes but only like the cheap ones.

Dark Shadow666
02-28-2010, 05:58 PM
The only thing that is not free is downloading games. You can get demos, themes, wallpapers for free but u actually have to pay for your full games. you can play online for free, just as long as you have your own PSN account, without a PSN account you cannot play games like, MAG, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.