PDA

View Full Version : Paranormal State & Ghost Hunters Comparison

Project Blaze
01-17-2010, 05:58 AM
I'm curious as to (those who watch those types of shows, and those shows in particular) which one you think is better at what they do? I like Paranormal State because they spend more than just one night to investigate and whatnot. What about you?

Subb
01-17-2010, 07:29 AM
id have to say paranormal state all the way.

thedeparted
01-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread. But a show that's right up these guys alley called Ghost Adventures on the Travel channel was doing a show a couple weeks ago where they were going to do a show on a place and the guy of the show asked the person that had knowledge of the place " So how many people died here" and the dude replied " thousands" Anyone know the answer to what time period thousands died at that building and where it's located?

Subb
01-18-2010, 11:12 PM
Sorry to hijack your thread. But a show that's right up these guys alley called Ghost Adventures on the Travel channel was doing a show a couple weeks ago where they were going to do a show on a place and the guy of the show asked the person that had knowledge of the place " So how many people died here" and the dude replied " thousands" Anyone know the answer to what time period thousands died at that building and where it's located?

i have no clue but i bet it was a mental hospital maybe from the 50s or 60s

Morticia
01-19-2010, 12:11 AM
i have no clue but i bet it was a mental hospital maybe from the 50s or 60s

I'm thinking from a while before then. More than likely in the 1800's. Stuff like that didn't really happen in America in the 50's - 60's. O_O

Project Blaze
01-19-2010, 01:35 AM
Sorry to hijack your thread.

Meh, that's ok. It's one of my first posts after all. lol But the Travel channel, ya say? For some reason I never expected that channel to have shows like that. :eek1: I should try to catch it... unless it's not that good?

thedeparted
01-19-2010, 01:43 AM
Meh, that's ok. It's one of my first posts after all. lol But the Travel channel, ya say? For some reason I never expected that channel to have shows like that. :eek1: I should try to catch it... unless it's not that good?

I've never actually watched it because when the show was on The Travel Channel was broken for some reason

Project Blaze
01-19-2010, 01:57 AM
Well that sucks. The song "They Know Who You Are" by Powerman 5000 comes to mind though. lol But TV sucks when there's no ghosts and creepy stories to watch. Well... guess that isn't right, but not AS interesting.

Oh yeah, there's a show on the... I think the Discovery channel (it might've been taken off by now, I've been obsessed with my new PS3 games. ^^) had a show called A Haunting... but I'm not sure if that's the name of it. I just know the word Haunting is in it. -_-

thedeparted
01-19-2010, 02:11 AM
I don't believe in ghosts$ but funny coincidence happened recently. The show was called Haunting in Georgia or something like that(probably the show you are talking about actually) and there was this little girl who could apparently see 3 ghosts, 1 was named Mr.Gordy. She would talk to him all the time, make him a plate of food for lunch. Any who fast forwarding, my little cousin like 2 days later was sitting on my uncles bed drinking a Capri Sun turns towards the wall where no one is and says " Do you want some" rather creepy if you ask me :laugh:

Subb
01-19-2010, 10:59 AM
I'm thinking from a while before then. More than likely in the 1800's. Stuff like that didn't really happen in America in the 50's - 60's. O_O

im on my lunch break now but when i get the chance ill show u a link of a place in connecticut where i live that did and has been shut down. we used to go in the building and go thru the tunnels to the morgue awesome place

Project Blaze
01-19-2010, 04:53 PM
I don't believe in ghosts$ but funny coincidence happened recently. The show was called Haunting in Georgia or something like that(probably the show you are talking about actually) and there was this little girl who could apparently see 3 ghosts, 1 was named Mr.Gordy. She would talk to him all the time, make him a plate of food for lunch. Any who fast forwarding, my little cousin like 2 days later was sitting on my uncles bed drinking a Capri Sun turns towards the wall where no one is and says " Do you want some" rather creepy if you ask me :laugh:

Aw man, you're lucky that you don't believe in that stuff. It really creeps me out sometimes. I don't get scared or anything, it just makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, then I get ready to get in a fight with it for some dumb reason. Dumb because it's not like I'd be able to hit it anyway. :laugh:

That story about the girl is pretty high up on my creep-o-meter. How old was she? Was she a kid making plates of food, or a woman actually making food? :eek1:

That definitely sounds creepy, talking to what looks like no one. But it's also kinda cute. lol The asking if .. err... whoever was there, if they wanted some. ^^

LemonRising
01-20-2010, 11:47 PM
Back to the original topic...
GHOST HUNTERS.

Paranormal State is just ... "MY DEMONS HAUNT ME AND FOLLOW ME TO THESE PEOPLE'S HOUSES OH NOOOOOOOOOO DEMONSSS BAD SPIRITSSSSSSSSSS"

Ghost hunters goes for more .. facts and debunking the bull.

GHOST HUNTERS ALL THE WAY. Though their new.. ghost hunters school show is.. ugh worthy.

Ik0n
01-20-2010, 11:50 PM
I don't believe in this type of stuff either, but I keep an open mind. I happen to like Ghost Hunters more.

Project Blaze
01-21-2010, 10:48 PM
I thought Paranormal State did some of that scientific debunking? :eek1: I might just be confusing the two. lol If not, it still seems like they do. :-P

LemonRising
01-21-2010, 11:20 PM
I don't know.. from the episodes I saw. most of it was "channeling" and banning spirits from houses and this and that.

It was more of a crappy movie than using real techniques..

Project Blaze
01-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Hrm.. well, guess they are a little more on the unusual side. But I think that just makes it more intriguing. ^^