PDA

View Full Version : Inglorious Basterds prequel possibly coming

thedeparted
01-18-2010, 03:05 AM
old news, but a prequel could be something I could get behind. a western or a gangster movie as well. I wouldn't welcome a 3rd Kill Bill. In my opinion the first 2 were good and told enough of the story for me to not want anymore in that franchise.

While Quentin Tarantino is notorious for discussing plans and then executing those plans excruciatingly slowly (if ever), he was apparently serious when he mentioned the possibility of more missions for some or all of his INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS.

But not next. As he tells Vulture, he's already got 40 pages of a BASTERDS prequel written. And though they say he's "not giving up on the idea or the script, especially if the original film does well at the awards shows," he's got another secret project to tackle first, something only described as "smaller, less epic" and in a "different genre entirely."

This would jibe with what he said a few months ago - that he was "wide open" to his next project but was considering a "re-imagining" of another genre, like a Western or a "Pretty Boy Floyd" type gangster movie. And then there's the proposed third KILL BILL volume, although that would surely not be a "smaller" movie.

Wonder when we'll actually get... anything?

Anyways can't wait to get details on the next project.

LiNuX
01-18-2010, 12:07 PM
I saw this movie a while ago, great movie. Wonder how good the prequel will be. I'll probably watch it too, good or bad...

Waiting for more details on the "I am Legend" prequel as well.

jango
01-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Waiting for more details on the "I am Legend" prequel as well.

aye, I heard some interesting things about that too .. if you find out anything particular, let us (us) know!

Diligence109
01-18-2010, 12:26 PM
mmmmm Tarantino... delicious.

I'd watch anything more he put out, just by principle.

Subb
01-18-2010, 01:27 PM
^^ same here i love his movies he has such a different style. and well pulp fiction is a classic

Kenoi
01-18-2010, 02:58 PM
I did not KNOW that this movie was a remake..... I saw the original... I'd have to say Tarantino's edition of this movie is better... haha.

ROfler
01-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Agreed! !!!!!!!!