PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne

Yash
07-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey guys why dont we share our views regarding Max Payne Part 1

To start with my views this is the first adventurous game that i had when i bought my PC.The highlight of this game is the Movie they play before every chapter that gives you a hint of how the level is going to be.The movie will be like a comical story with voices explaining it since this was my first adventurous game i always have a great passion for this game

The game starts with Payne's wife and child being murdered and the whole aim of the game is to take revenge
The interesting part on my view is the unexpected bumping of Masked guys with machine guns in every corner you encounter.Getting away from them was really a difficult one till you get the required weapons that is till the chapter 3.
The Notable point is at a stage nothing but cheats can help you.

the memorable scene is the enemy you follow will jump over a running train and you have to follow him in the same way.
So one gets really involved in the game

I still have this game CD and when ever ui feel like playing it without hesitation i do it...

what about your views????

Gamoc
07-10-2007, 03:39 PM
I've got this, and I've had it for years. I think it's amazing, the first game I played with Matrix-like effects (though I think Max Payne had them first), and it' thoroughly enjoyable.

Have you ever played any of the mods (like matrixed reality: pupu edition, true matrix, etc)? They add whole dimensions to the game after you get bored of it.

LiNuX
07-10-2007, 03:47 PM
i've played max payne before, not too much of a fan of it, maybe cuz im not that good in the game lol, i've played it maybe a year back the last time, on friend's PC, guy was my neigher then moved out lol, he had a crazy amount of games

Eric
07-10-2007, 05:26 PM
I played it on the PS2. The part when you are dreaming and have to run around your house is freaky if you are playing at night because that dang baby wont shut up ;)

Gamoc
07-10-2007, 06:05 PM
The nightmares...I hate those levels - well, when you had to walk on the blood trails and fell off if you strayed too much - I despised that part. I actually stopped playing Max Payne then - until I got it for the PC.

Sinote
07-10-2007, 06:29 PM
I never did like this game for some
reason.

Gerrit
07-11-2007, 04:11 AM
I have played it on PC. Well the first version was very nice. Basically finished it in a few days.
Somehow the second Part didn't really work, due to the fact that my friend had lent me a pirated version.
It more of a shooter game though

Gamoc
07-11-2007, 08:56 AM
I've nevr played Max Payne 2, but I wanted to ¬¬

Yash
07-11-2007, 08:58 AM
I think you should try max payne 2 :D
It is really a nice and a amazing game,full of action.

Yash
07-11-2007, 01:09 PM
yeah i do accept the fact that the game is a bit gushy with more blood sheds but the thrill you get till u meet your sudden opponent makes the game more lively . Lol i feel this game makes me feel more realistic

And without cheats OMG!! i cant think of finishing it

Gamoc
07-11-2007, 04:09 PM
You, actually, my last post was a complete lie (accidentally, of course), I have Max Payne 2 on the PS2, I meant the PC version though, as the first was better on PC.

MP2 is ok, but I hate the new Max model/drawing, he looks different and it annoys me. I still prefer the first.

Yash
07-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Tats right i too like Maxpayne 1 more than the second part

second didnt even support my system's configuration

But to be frank the game is more violent but if u like adventures i will point out this game

TheKing
07-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Aww man i had max payne 1 for my computer and that was the best first shooter game i played when it came out. i still have it (right beside me) but max payne 2 was a major i mean a MAJOR disapointment!!!

LiNuX
07-15-2007, 09:41 PM
i do remember playing the second one but not clearly, i do remember i kept dying, was on pc too

Eric
07-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah, 2 wasn't all too good

Scott
08-06-2007, 02:07 PM
I remember what it was like before 2 was released. Everyone was going mad for it saying it would be the greatest shooting game ever. Then when it was released it wasnt what people were expecting so everyone said it was rubbish and not to buy it. But it wasn't too bad a game really.

LiNuX
08-06-2007, 02:19 PM
who said it would be the greatest shooting game ever? lol, cs is still my favorite shooter/fps no matter what lol, havent played halo enough yet to decide lol

Scott
08-06-2007, 02:23 PM
who said it would be the greatest shooting game ever? lol, cs is still my favorite shooter/fps no matter what lol, havent played halo enough yet to decide lol

I can't remember. That was a while ago. But I do remember in the magazine I read they said it would be better than Deus Ex (Which won game of the year)

LiNuX
08-06-2007, 02:25 PM
BS - max payne isnt that good of a game in my opinion, i havent enjoyed it much in the mere minutes to maybe an hour that i've played it lol

but it still deserves something, its heard about everywhere now

XiMMiX
08-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Max Payne1&2 were great I loved em! First i played when i wus on holiday i played in a pc store. And the second 1 i played when I wus at my home didnt have the money to buy original so i downloded the game and i rlly like it:), most of all i hated the dreams, dont know why but it scared the hell out of me...;(:laugh:

Hurley
08-19-2007, 12:13 AM
yep i agree, its a good game

cwbolton
08-19-2007, 09:19 AM
ive never heaven heared of max payne lol so i cant comment so it is good?

XiMMiX
08-19-2007, 10:28 AM
Yeah its good you shold try it:yes:

cwbolton
08-19-2007, 11:35 AM
so where can i get it?